Octopuses Out Here Snuffing Fish Brehs Apparently :picard:

Daps
:wub::wub::wub:

Omg I love her already!!!!!!

I made the decision to do Marine Biology around her age when I saw Free Willy and touched a killer whale at SeaWorld.

I definitely had a goal: to be a killer whale trainer at SeaWorld...my 4th year in school, they ended trainers being in water and there was a lot of press about the mistreatment of them. So I kinda lost my passion.

money wise: as a researcher with corals, I made about 30K

I also worked with manatees,(tagging them) bringing hurt ones in for vet treatment and I got roughly 45K

I worked with more experienced researchers who got grants and were getting 90k-100k depending on the research.

Its possible for her to make a good living doing what she loves if she sticks with it.

once again, my only goal was to be a killer whale trainer .ironically I hate dolphins.

If you can, bring her to Discovery Cove, she would absolutely go batshyt crazy

move taken her to the aquariums here in NJ. She walks around pointing out the different fish.

The name of here save the ocean crew is the Blue Tang Clan. She got 2 of her classmates to sign up so far.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
move taken her to the aquariums here in NJ. She walks around pointing out the different fish.

The name of here save the ocean crew is the Blue Tang Clan. She got 2 of her classmates to sign up so far.

:salute:

If she ever does a report and need to talk to a scientist , I’ll be more than happy to Skype /email with her or forward her questions to my ex colleagues ( with your permission and guidance of course)!!!!! She’s gonna be great!!!

So exciting! It’s like another mini me! Definitely encourage her!!! And get her a pico reef, so she can start with saltwater fish and anemones.

I started out with a bio cube but I think that might be too much maintenance for her

Last edited:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
tumblr_n5diryoWEy1r6g9m4o2_400.gif

More to them than we think... These creatures are smarter than humans.

When people theorize that these things are the true aliens, I completely understand why. Nature is incredible.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
@Pseudonym how much you make with that degree? My 7yr old wants to do that but I’m telling her ain’t no money in that. She has 3 fish and some shrimp already. She has plans to save the oceans

Your kid is 7 :gucci:. Be happy that she is taking an interest in learning and don't act to cripple it. It is more important that they get the method and practices straight at that age.

Daps
Your kid is 7 :gucci:. Be happy that she is taking an interest in learning and don't act to cripple it. It is more important that they get the method and practices straight at that age.

I agree in part. If I can leave her a nest egg then she can follow her every whim. But I don’t believe in the struggling artist thing. Rarely works out.

I support her just want her to be able to be self sufficient when she’s older at the same time. There is a balance.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I agree in part. If I can leave her a nest egg then she can follow her every whim. But I don’t believe in the struggling artist thing. Rarely works out.

I support her just want her to be able to be self sufficient when she’s older at the same time. There is a balance.

I get where you're coming from. I just think at 7 it is important not to do something that can threaten their interest in learning.

If my youth had an interest in fish, I'd perhaps see it as a gateway into biology. Use it as a means of introducing concepts of evolution, ecological systems, respiratory system, DNA etc.

Even if it didn't go that deep, just the general practice of picking up a book to find more information etc.

Regardless, it is good that she is showing an interest in these things which is on her parents. I wish her well.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Crazy story but true.

In our bio lab we had a tank on one side of the room with an octopus and another tank with different kinds of fish on the other side.

the lab professor kept getting pissed because someone was stealing expensive fish and security couldn’t figure out who.

he set up a camera to catch the culprit.

he showed us the tape and it shows the octopus unlatching his tank lid through a pump opening .... crawl to the other side of the room...eat....crawl BACK to his tank and relatch his tank

They are extremely intelligent!!!!!! They are the world’s greatest escape artists. If you get bored one day lookup videos on YouTube.

I have a degree in Marine Biology and I can’t begin to tell you how fascinating these creatures are.

Yo this is wild... I was just chilling with my homie not even 20 min ago and told him about octopus doing this exact type of thing.

I showed him the video of the octopus escaping from the jar that was posted earlier in this thread too.

Spooky.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

^This. It could be much worse.

Imagine all the Dads whose baby girls came in talmbout "I wanna be Instathot or influencer when I grow up" or the ones seeing they kids twerking at that age. :sadbron:

Not a dad but as long as she stays off the pole and the gram, and graduates with a degree I wouldn't care how much the career makes. :hubie: