Office of Management and Budget’s Refuses to Disaggregate Black Americans from Immigrants and provide a "descendants of slaves" category.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
We got strong roots in the south and haven't made any progress. It doesn't matter tho since climate change will make the south a hell hole.

What makes you think those folks are going to welcome a bunch of black transplants with open arms in the Northwest or the West?

They've already taken from black folks in the West.

We've seen this story before when black folks moved into the Midwest back in the day.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who ever was the originator of that tweet is a fukking a$$hole for the highlight.

what fukk, sorry op, gotta neg for being complicit

Yzak

All Star
Daps
What makes you think those folks are going to welcome a bunch of black transplants with open arms in the Northwest or the West?

We've seen this story before when black folks moved into the Midwest back in the day.
Who cares if they welcome us? We can move anywhere we want to in this country.

If we actually used our numbers and got rid of the self hate propaganda, we have a lot of power

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
The point is you ain't going anything to contribute to pan-africanism besides hating the ADOS movement and playing make believe online.

And fukk the "can of worms" ADOS are already at the bottom while POC and everyone benefits off of our oppression.
I can understand why you'd think that but if the shyt I'm on ever hits these boards.... :laff:

I found the Yvette clip I was talking about and I never got clarification, so again: Do you believe the same as the founder of American Descendants of Slaves? Was calling her "the child granddaughter of a cotton picker" disrespectful??? As she promotes DESCENDANTS OF SLAVES??? :sas2:

Bro, you're trying to explain simple and logical things to incel losers who've been brainwashed to hate Black people because of online cons and grifters. These losers, like @Voice of Reason spends 90% of his week making diaspora war threads. Look at his post history. No life at all. This online "FBA/ADOS" shyt is just a bunch of weirdo, no life having losers who wants to be apart of something so badly.
We still cousins tho.
AM I my brother's keeper??? :mjcry:
You damn right I am, and it comes with tough love, rotisserie, barbeque
adrian-broner-getting-cooked.gif

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Stay out my alerts @Guyab!tch. Always saying some dumb shyt and watering down discussion with your obvious animosity towards ADOS.

When you gonna let me lift that skirt of yours again, bytch? Ya p*ssy stank but some of the pervs on here appreciates toilet coochie.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
When you gonna let me lift that skirt of yours again, bytch? Ya p*ssy stank but some of the pervs on here appreciates toilet coochie.
Guyab!tch going through it tonight. Hop off my dikk and touch grass fakkit. It'll do you some good, instead of spending all this time on thecoli expressing your hatred of ADOS black folks.:russ:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
South isn't a good option imo due to population density of others already and plus climate change is gonna fukk the south. We need a mass migration to Pacific and Northwest region.

I got to agree. My immediate family moved to the Midwest in the latter part of the 19th century.
I am staying in the Midwest because it is far more stable (outside the occasional tornado).

Climate change is a significant issue for me as well seeing as I want to pass my children down a home or two, and I want them to be relatively stable.

But I can understand why some of us are moving to the South - better housing prices/land, more of us around, etc... I visit from time-to-time but I am staying in the Midwest.

High Freedmen population in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Without the infrastructure in place, we'd be setting ourselves up for even worse disasters

The trend underscores two decades of transformation dubbed the “Reverse Migration,” where the descendants of Black migrants who moved to the North and Midwest between 1915 and 1970 are moving back to the South, the only region with more Black people migrating in than out since 2000.

For Black folks, this presents a unique set of considerations — and challenges. It seems that in the attempt to escape the environmental racism and the poor health outcomes of the North and Midwest, Black people are essentially moving toward the epicenter of climate disasters, says Rhiana Gunn-Wright, the director of climate policy at the Roosevelt Institute.
The Robersons, for example, left a community exposed to more toxic chemical air pollution than 92% of U.S. neighborhoods for a community outside of Orlando, Florida, where residents, on average, spend more money because of climate disasters than 90% of the nation’s neighborhoods.

Across the South, Black people die during severe weather at higher rates than every ethnic group except Indigenous people. And those who survive are saddled with more debt than other races.

Still, despite two-thirds of Black Americans viewing climate change as a severe issue, floods and sweltering heat seem to fall down the list of considerations for new Southerners, according to two dozen interviews conducted by Capital B. A recent study found that prospective homebuyers in the South are the least concerned with climate risks of all the U.S. regions.
There’s a lot of truth behind that fear. Even when Black residents receive recovery aid, white people who receive the same amount of federal assistance see their wealth rise, while Black residents see their wealth decline following disaster, a study by Rice University found.

Across the region, a string of infrastructure failures and disaster-induced power outages serve as a through line for growing climate and environmental threats, from the hurricanes that flood water purification plants and knock down electrical poles to the intensifying winters that spotlight unreliable electric grids and the fossil fuel pollution created to keep them running. Since 2016, over half of the nation’s largest weather disaster-caused power outages have impacted Southern states. And without electricity, people die.