Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm preparing for the worst Coates is more than welcome to prove me otherwise :mjpls:

You know he's gonna get his ass kicked, because Coates likes using that stupid ability where T'Challa gets smacked upside the head to charge his vibranium weapon. :snoop:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#11 will either be the best issue of this run or another missed opportunity. Hoping for the former.

I've given up hope when it comes to Coates run. It just seems like he doesn't like the character all that much. He does a great job with the supporting characters and the characters he created, but he's made T'Challa look like a damn joke IMO.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've given up hope when it comes to Coates run. It just seems like he doesn't like the character all that much. He does a great job with the supporting characters and the characters he created, but he's made T'Challa look like a damn joke IMO.

T'Challa portrayal improved a lot from the start of the run. He had a very good showing in BP #10.

Coates Panther is not Priest/Hudlin Panther and never will be. We won't be getting that anytime soon in this run. But hopefully Coates Panther continues to improve, which it has so far.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Set pics?

raw

They just started filming, damn :damn:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'Challa portrayal improved a lot from the start of the run. He had a very good showing in BP #10.

Coates Panther is not Priest/Hudlin Panther and never will be. We won't be getting that anytime soon in this run. But hopefully Coates Panther continues to improve, which it has so far.

I've been keeping tabs through my friends who still buy that shyt and I don't think his portrayal has improved all that much. They finally have some people saying good things about him (even though it's a member of his family) but Coates still seems dead set making sure T'Challa isn't king anymore and showing everyone else to be more effective and knowledgeable than he is.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've been keeping tabs through my friends who still buy that shyt and I don't think his portrayal has improved all that much. They finally have some people saying good things about him (even though it's a member of his family) but Coates still seems dead set making sure T'Challa isn't king anymore and showing everyone else to be more effective and knowledgeable than he is.

We all knew the monarchy's existence was on the line since the beginning of the run via Coates' interviews. It is what it is. As long as T'Challa's portrayal improves, I'll live with it.

The only character one could argue is as effective as he is, if not more, is Shuri. Everyone else, T'Challa is leagues ahead of them overall.

-The Midnight Angels were in panic mode in #9, regretting their alliance with Tetu and their official breaking of Wakanda. Prior to that, they offered suggestions that could've gotten their entire village wiped out. They had trouble fighting off a platoon of the Hatute Zeraze. This is all stuff they should've thought about before taking over a village. They are rookies in this "leading a nation" shyt, they barely know what the hell they are doing.

-Tetu is simply a dude lusting for power, by any means necessary. He claims to care about the people, yet his actions led to the killing of innocent Wakandans, with no fukks given. Not the leader Wakanda should be getting. Zenzi is no better herself, going along with Tetu's schemes.

-Changamire is a dude with interesting ideas who doesn't know how put them into practice.

T'Challa straight up asks him "What should I do?" :sas1:

Changamire's answer? "I have no idea:yeshrug:."

In which T'Challa responds "Yes, I know." :sas2:

Like many people with great ideas, Changamire has no idea how to run a country, something T'Challa has been doing for a while now.

As for people saying good things about T'Challa, who better to vouch for him than his most trusted allies and himself? Shuri vouched for him when she confronted the MAs. T'Challa defended himself while talking to Changamire. I felt it worked out well, imho.