C4Lk65XWMAEahhs.jpg

C4LuTujWAAEwQ7v.jpg

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I swear by God I wish I could lay hands on Coates sometimes...
:russ:

How dare Aquaman join the Justice League to go off fighting Darkseid and shyt, real life Kings wouldn't do that:troll:

He and BP should be in they offices all day signing legislation :troll:
That would be realistic :troll:

The idea of a king who is noble and heroic in the same universe as all these types of muthafukkas...
marvel-character-composit.jpg

Justice_League_New.JPG

that's just too much a stretch of the imagination
:troll:

What next? you want him to be a top 5 genius and top 5 martial artists as well? :camby:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Heard that fanbros podcast with Coates. It was aight.

One movie info from that podcast though: the solo film will lean a lot on the visuals of the Coates run. Expect a lot of Stelfreeze/Sprouse items and designs in the movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heard that fanbros podcast with Coates. It was aight.

One movie info from that podcast though: the solo film will lean a lot on the visuals of the Coates run. Expect a lot of Stelfreeze/Sprouse items and designs in the movie.

The art is the only thing I really enjoy about Coates run. Stelfreeze is the one that actually gets Afrofuturism and he tried his best to add elements of that to the series. Coates by his own admission didn't know anything about Afrofuturism and wasn't all that interested in exploring it.

They were never going to take story elements from Coates work because Coates is so caught up in tearing down the monarchy and Marvel Studios has been making it a point to play up that T'Challa is a king as one of the most interesting aspects of the character.

I'm listening to the fanbros interview and I'm wondering if this is the first time these dudes have ever read a bp book before this.

Probably so, a lot of people love the concept of Black Panther but never bothered to actually read the comics. Priest's run in particular was very hard to find until Marvel recently decided to collect the whole series in trade. A lot of people just like Coates and are just on the hype train, nobody is questioning if his work meshes with previous established portrayals or if it actually does the character justice.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The art is the only thing I really enjoy about Coates run. Stelfreeze is the one that actually gets Afrofuturism and he tried his best to add elements of that to the series. Coates by his own admission didn't know anything about Afrofuturism and wasn't all that interested in exploring it.

They were never going to take story elements from Coates work because Coates is so caught up in tearing down the monarchy and Marvel Studios has been making it a point to play up that T'Challa is a king as one of the most interesting aspects of the character.

I'd say it's simply too early in BP's MCU history to take elements of the Coates run. They aren't ideal elements to introduce a character to a general audience.Priest and Hudlin elements are much better for that task.

I can see Coates elements being used down the line in subsequent movies though.

Last edited: