nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
brehs cacs on my timeline are up in their feelings after this trailer and one of the points is they're dismissively calling Black Panther "Black Batman" :francis:

I don't know shyt about comics but tell me there's not merit to this bullshyt brehs :mjcry:

It's not completely out there. He is but he isn't. Similar to Iron Man, they share a handful of characteristics. Panther and Bats have preparedness, intelligence (comparative to their company worlds), confidence, wealth, protector - however Bats is a Knight, Panther is a King. And everything else is different. Their personalities are different, the roles they play in their universes, the way they interact with others, their methods, philosophies. The closest to Bats in the MU, I'd say is Moon Knight...with dialed-up crazy.

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
brehs cacs on my timeline are up in their feelings after this trailer and one of the points is they're dismissively calling Black Panther "Black Batman" :francis:

I don't know shyt about comics but tell me there's not merit to this bullshyt brehs :mjcry:

:ufdup: fix that. Christopher Priests run is my favorite, but some people like Hudlin's too. You can decide for yourself how similar or different BP is to Bats.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_orc85fewrg1qhprseo1_r3_1280.jpg

tumblr_orc85fewrg1qhprseo2_r3_1280.jpg

tumblr_orc85fewrg1qhprseo3_r4_1280.jpg

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if we will see Winter Soldier and Cap in this since they are somewhat in hiding after Civil War.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ufdup: fix that. Christopher Priests run is my favorite, but some people like Hudlin's too. You can decide for yourself how similar or different BP is to Bats.

Over time more and more people are going back to read Hudlin's run and liking it. Even some people that didn't like it before are viewing it in a different light.

Priest is still the definitive run though, and every run is going to be judged against that one.

Then you have people just coming to the franchise liking Coates shyt and thinking it's the be all end all :scust:

At this point the most underrated run is the one by David Liss. The premise was fukking stupid, but the story itself was actually dope, especially the Kingpin of Wakanda story. I'm starting to think "Deadliest of the Species" is underrated too. I used to hate Shuri before Hudlin decided to make her the new Black Panther.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
@nieman what are your thoughts breh?

Now that I've had the chance to let it sink in, I'm completely sold on it. My 2 concerns were that Wakanda would not have the grandiose of it's world, being grounded in reality and MBJ would not be convincing as a menacing villain. Both of those doubts have been put to rest. Wakanda has all of it's afro-futuristic qualities and I think he's gonna pull it off. I can wait at ease, until the next trailer and the February date. This will be EPIC.

BTW, I don't really think I'm gonna go back n forth with the non-comic book readers here, and I'm gonna include the Coates fans in that group. They are really gonna ruin the experience for me, unless they're intrested in going back and researching.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if we will see Winter Soldier and Cap in this since they are somewhat in hiding after Civil War.

I think Winter Soldier will be referenced. In fact I think him being in Wakanda might be part of the reason for some of the unrest among the other tribes.

I doubt we'll see Cap, unless he appears in a post credits scene.

Neither one will be coming in to "Help" T'Challa though....Coogler's not doing any White Savior/Deus Ex Machina bullshyt.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that I've had the chance to let it sink in, I'm completely sold on it. My 2 concerns were that Wakanda would not have the grandiose of it's world, being grounded in reality and MBJ would not be convincing as a menacing villain. Both of those doubts have been put to rest. Wakanda has all of it's afro-futuristic qualities and I think he's gonna pull it off. I can wait at ease, until the next trailer and the February date. This will be EPIC.

BTW, I don't really think I'm gonna go back n forth with the non-comic book readers here, and I'm gonna include the Coates fans in that group. They are really gonna ruin the experience for me, unless they're intrested in going back and researching.

"It's clearly influenced by Coates run, they have grass and trees just like in his book" :rudy:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I think Winter Soldier will be referenced. In fact I think him being in Wakanda might be part of the reason for some of the unrest among the other tribes.

Neither one will be coming in to "Help" T'Challa though....Coogler's not doing any White Savior/Deus Ex Machina bullshyt.

Exactly. If he knows what's good for him he'll keep them in a stinger. :ufdup:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Over time more and more people are going back to read Hudlin's run and liking it. Even some people that didn't like it before are viewing it in a different light.

Priest is still the definitive run though, and every run is going to be judged against that one.

Then you have people just coming to the franchise liking Coates shyt and thinking it's the be all end all :scust:

At this point the most underrated run is the one by David Liss. The premise was fukking stupid, but the story itself was actually dope, especially the Kingpin of Wakanda story. I'm starting to think "Deadliest of the Species" is underrated too. I used to hate Shuri before Hudlin decided to make her the new Black Panther.

I can admit I never gave Hudlin's run a fair shake. After this reread of Preist, I'll try Hudlins again.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I don't think there will get a White Savior in this either lol. It's just that this is Phase 3 of the MCU and other superheros exist in this world and are somewhat interdependent of one another. Hulk and Doctor Strange will be in Thor Ragnorak, Tony Stark in Spiderman, Avengers in Civil War. That's what I was getting at more than anything.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown

I think i read somewhere Cap was confirmed for the movie,but that could just mean a after credit stinger like you said.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I don't think there will get a White Savior in this either lol. It's just that this is Phase 3 of the MCU and other superheros exist in this world and are somewhat interdependent of one another. Hulk and Doctor Strange will be in Thor Ragnorak, Tony Stark in Spiderman, Avengers in Civil War. That's what I was getting at more than anything.
The difference between those and this movie is that this is Black panther's first solo movie. Maybe in the 2nd or 3 BP movie they could be included but this movie needs to stand on it's own like everyone else's or else it's just showing little faith that it can't do well without supporting Avengers.