Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite black panther run is a tie between Priest run and mcgregor's panther's rage. Everett ross annoyed me and the monica simping annoyed me. But the heroic feats. in the priest run can't be touched and the descriptive writing of mcgregor of T'challa's struggle against his greatest foe is second to none IMO. I haven't read panther's prey or the 4 issue mini in the 80's (don't want to damage my copies :manny:)

That Gillis mini is pretty good.

The biggest issue with Panther's Prey was the whole "Crack in Wakanda" thing. I get what McGregor was going for, but that shyt was tone def as fukk.

Hudlin's Flag's of our Fathers is worth read, just have to keep in mind that Hudlin loves the Lee/Kirby era stuff and his writing is heavily influenced by that.

Hudlin's love of Lee/Kirby era Fantastic Four is all throughout his Black Panther run. I think people were so upset that his stuff wasn't Priest that they missed what h was actually going for.

Priest's run has always been described as the West Wing with Superheroes.

Hudlin's run is basically Black Indiana Jones in the Marvel universe.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We go through this every movie. "CGI looks shaky in the trailer" but the movie is months away. This will look great when it's finished. In the end, all these movies end up looking fine with the exception of Age of Ultron, I don't know what was going on with that but a lot of it looked pretty bad in the beginning.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think i read somewhere Cap was confirmed for the movie,but that could just mean a after credit stinger like you said.

Willing to bet that was just bad reporting.

Boseman posted an instagram photo of his chair on the set for Infinity War. His chair was next to Cap and Black Widows chair, and some people made the leap in logic that it means both of them would be in the Black Panther movie.

The coverage of the Black Panther movie has been pretty shytty before the trailer dropped. All sort of behind the scenes photos, set videos, casting announcements, and interviews were being ignored by the usual outlets.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Don't please. Y'all get triggered by the minority and act like it's the majority of people bytching

Ain't this the damn truth.

If you look for negativity on the internet, you gon find it.

Like the minority of ppl complaining about the "rap music" when it was literally one line said twice ("step into the spotlight") in a 2 min trailer that matched the theme the trailer was going for. :heh:

But that's the level of insincerity and pettiness waiting for ppl who seek it. And we all knew that was coming the moment the movie was announced.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh shyt, I just realized.......That scene with T'Challa stepping off the jet at the beginning of the trailer.....That's not a coronation, that's a tribal challenge :lupe:

If you look closely you'll see he's carrying the same shield from that later scene where Killmonger is fighting at the warrior falls.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Sure they can, they'd just go to another studio. Milestone can take their characters to any publisher or movie studio they want.

Hell, if they wanted to Milestone could take Static over to Marvel studios.

I was gonna mention that but I don't know the full deal , DC might have exclusivity - I mean it's been almost 20 years since Milestone "partnered" with DC

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Going by this quote it seems like Nakia is an amalgam with that Malaika chick from the Gillis mini
And Nakia, as a member of the Dora Milaje who is often sent on missions around the world, is another woman Panther knows he can trust.

I'm still not into the idea of a Dora Milaje being a love interest

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was gonna mention that but I don't know the full deal , DC might have exclusivity - I mean it's been almost 20 years since Milestone "partnered" with DC

That old deal ended a long time ago.....Back in the mid 2000's Milestone worked out another deal to have the Milestone characters be part of the DC universe, but that deal also expired a while ago.

After McDuffie passed away Cowan, Dingle and Hudlin announced they were going to relaunch the company as Milestone 2.0. They signed a publishing deal with DC again, but made it clear they'd be looking to work with other publishers to put out other books and had plans for a Static Web series.

A lot of stuff was supposed to come out some time ago, but DC is fukking up just like last time and shyt has basically been delayed indefinitely.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think EW got it wrong....Look at it closely

2rVZWVL

Notice he's got the same shield and is wearing the same shorts.

2rWhjpe

2rbAoqi

That's Chadwick Boseman in those shots, wearing the same shorts and carrying the same shield.