SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1gBsPY8.png
Critics Slam Marvel Comics for New Black Panther Movie Poster, claims 'Too Black and Militant' • The Hollywood Unlocked

io5fTSw.png
They ain't seen nothing yet!

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think there will get a White Savior in this either lol. It's just that this is Phase 3 of the MCU and other superheros exist in this world and are somewhat interdependent of one another. Hulk and Doctor Strange will be in Thor Ragnorak, Tony Stark in Spiderman, Avengers in Civil War. That's what I was getting at more than anything.

This is Black Panther's first film though. Dr Strange didn't have any other heroes in his film. Even that post credits scene was something from the Thor film that they just added.

No other character had superhero cameos in their first film. Tony Stark will be in Spider-Man, but that will be the sixth Spdier-Man film made in less than 2 decades.

Also I wasn't trying to say you specifically were asking for a white savior trope. I was talking about people that saw Civil War and kept insisting that Captain America and Bucky were going to show up at the end of Black Panther and help or save T'Challa. A lot of white folks keep trying to center whiteness in the Black Panther movie.

I remember back when Age of Ultron came out people were saying T'Challa would be inspired by the Avengers to be a hero and go to them for help to protect the Wakandan Vibranium. :snoop:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's one of those clickbait articles where a writer finds a few dozen tweets by a couple of nitwits then tries to make it look like a huge controversy that everybody is talking about. The response to the poster was mixed, but it was because a lot of people thought it was jut wack from an aethstetic standpoint.

The response to the trailer has been overwhelmingly positive (even with the unfinished CGI).

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Over time more and more people are going back to read Hudlin's run and liking it. Even some people that didn't like it before are viewing it in a different light.

Priest is still the definitive run though, and every run is going to be judged against that one.

Then you have people just coming to the franchise liking Coates shyt and thinking it's the be all end all :scust:

At this point the most underrated run is the one by David Liss. The premise was fukking stupid, but the story itself was actually dope, especially the Kingpin of Wakanda story. I'm starting to think "Deadliest of the Species" is underrated too. I used to hate Shuri before Hudlin decided to make her the new Black Panther.
:huhldup:

Chill. Liss was okay, nothing more. The premise being retarded is exactly why his books are borderline trash. T'challa ain't got no business in Hell's Kitchen playing pretend roles like some chump and babysitting Daredevil's office.

Instead of reclaiming his presence and authority back in the golden city where he belongs, he''s globe-trotting like some lost idiot that doesn't know himself. I try to pretend none of that was canon.

Only thing good out of that run was T'challa knocking out Luke Cage using pressure points. :lolbron:

Hudlin has to be respected. He paved the way. I noticed the biggest and loudest critics of his run are cacs.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:huhldup:

Chill. Liss was okay, nothing more. The premise being retarded is exactly why his books are borderline trash. T'challa ain't got no business in Hell's Kitchen playing pretend roles like some cump . Instead of reclaiming his presence and authority back in the golden city where he belongs, he''s globe-trotting like some lost idiot. I try to pretend none of that was canon.

Hudlin has to be respected. He paved the way. I noticed the biggest and loudest critics of his run are cacs.

That Kingpin of Wakanda story is a must read. We're in agreement on the premise though, that shyt was idiotic.

Priest and Hudlin got LOTS of criticism from white people. Dwayne McDuffie got a lot of shyt from white people too because he was writing Fantastic Four when Panther and Storm were on the team.

Coates is the only black writer that hasn't had white people up in arms about T'Challa's portrayal........For obvious reasons.:sas2:

teacher

All Star
Daps
My favorite black panther run is a tie between Priest run and mcgregor's panther's rage. Everett ross annoyed me and the monica simping annoyed me. But the heroic feats. in the priest run can't be touched and the descriptive writing of mcgregor of T'challa's struggle against his greatest foe is second to none IMO. I haven't read panther's prey or the 4 issue mini in the 80's (don't want to damage my copies :manny:)