Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Quick question I signed up for coinbase how do I transfer my coins into a secure digital wallet?!:jbhmm:

Daps
Quick question I signed up for coinbase how do I transfer my coins into a secure digital wallet?!:jbhmm:
First get/download a wallet. Once you get a wallet, you should be able to get the "address" from that wallet. When you go to send your coins from coinbase it'll ask you to input that address.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
So apparently Ethereum is going to be available on Huobi (the main chinese crypto platform) tomorrow. The thought is that, that will cause a huge pump in buyers from China which will drive up the price. What ya'll thinking?

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
So apparently Ethereum is going to be available on Huobi (the main chinese crypto platform) tomorrow. The thought is that, that will cause a huge pump in buyers from China which will drive up the price. What ya'll thinking?
Might also result in a dump cuz Chinese eth miners have had nowhere to sell their coins till now. But more likely it goes up. I'm really debating buying more now or waiting til next week when things have settled down a bit, will prob wait to see what the China effect is. Also interesting is the eth/bitcoin ratio is at an all time high, bitcoin may lose dominance especially with the split in the community. Ethereum looking like a much better investment right now

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Might also result in a dump cuz Chinese eth miners have had nowhere to sell their coins till now. But more likely it goes up. I'm really debating buying more now or waiting til next week when things have settled down a bit, will prob wait to see what the China effect is. Also interesting is the eth/bitcoin ratio is at an all time high, bitcoin may lose dominance especially with the split in the community. Ethereum looking like a much better investment right now
I might cop. I've got a few dollars to play with.

Daps
Which are the "best" wallets?
To be honest... Im not sure. Im still new to this. But from my research, I ended up going with Exodus because it seemed to have the best combination security + user-friendliness. Others were touted as possibly more secure but required more technical knowledge.... i.e. command line.

Last edited:

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
I might cop. I've got a few dollars to play with.
good luck my fellow wiz breh :salute: im already sitting on a nice profit from buying in a couple weeks ago so decided to wait til this china shyt settles down to buy more. planning to hold til next summer before selling to avoid that short-term capital gains tax :scust:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
First get/download a wallet. Once you get a wallet, you should be able to get the "address" from that wallet. When you go to send your coins from coinbase it'll ask you to input that address.

Ohhhhhh so that's what that meant...:ohhh: I will get on that asap when I can. Also where can I download a virtual wallet? :jbhmm:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
@heisenburrr with all due respect breh you gonna have to take your L for ETH

I will say I was wrong, I still think it's a bubble but it has legs because of the ICO scams abound. Still, no one uses ETH on a daily basis like they do Bitcoin. It has no circular economy and the fundamentals are weak. It's a regulatory arbitrage play at this point.

It will all come crumbling down once the SEC intervenes and people start going to jail for illegal security offerings, which is what ICOs are. There's no way around it.

From an ideological standpoint nothing about Ethereum appeals to me, it's a corporate coin but hey, can't knock the hustle and congrats to anyone who made profits on it.

Last edited:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I was warning @heisenburrr about this, but he did not want to pay attention.

There was no way Bitcoin was going to continue this kind of dominance. ETH in the last 48 hours has gone from $160 to $240 or so per. I hope @BucciMane ate well. I am happy at how things are shaking out.

The "dominance" metric is based off marketcap calculations which are inherently flawed.