Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
It's actually a pretty healthy time to get in after things dip back down to $900 per BTC. There are finally some worthwhile alternatives looking at now compared to how it was in the past.

:mjlol:

While I would LOVE for this to happen, there's no way in hell this is happening except maybe if a prolonged chain split/contentious hard fork happens.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I was warning @heisenburrr about this, but he did not want to pay attention.

There was no way Bitcoin was going to continue this kind of dominance. ETH in the last 48 hours has gone from $160 to $240 or so per. I hope @BucciMane ate well. I am happy at how things are shaking out.

Didn't eat as well as I could have because my bank account didn't get approved yet, and they had the limit on my debit card.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This lame @heisenburrr still thinks Bitcoin is the future of money:laff:

I mean, if you want to make a quick buck by passing it around with other nerds then I undetstand, but to actually think there is a real purpose to it.....:laff:.......I cant......:laff:

Doesnt one man control 5% of the entire future bitcoin economy?.....:laff: It will never be anything other that what it already is

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
This lame @heisenburrr still thinks Bitcoin is the future of money:laff:

I mean, if you want to make a quick buck by passing it around with other nerds then I undetstand, but to actually think there is a real purpose to it.....:laff:.......I cant......:laff:

Doesnt one man control 5% of the entire future bitcoin economy?.....:laff: It will never be anything other that what it already is

:picard:

You salty as fukk breh get off me.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Monero was just mentioned on Bloomberg today and many are predicting anywhere between 6-18 months for ETH to surpass BTC market cap.

1-2 years for applications to really be deployed for regular folks.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Is there a simple explanation for private wallets (offline and online).

I'm looking to get into some other currencies (Golem, NEM) but how do I create a wallet for one of those to transfer it to from Poloniex? How do I go about creating one for one these lesser known ones?

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Jesus christ 1 bitcoin is $2400 :damn: ???
I'm a noob at this digital currency game...if I buy two of them joints, what do/can I do with it? I need guidance :to:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
IS EVERYONE BUYING NOW OR WAITING FOR A CRASH??
The idea is to buy slowly and spread out risk among several different types of cryptos that you think have potential.

I would tread lightly at the moment since btc, monero and eth are at all time highs. They can go higher, but I am willing to bet it will go back down in a few days.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
The idea is to buy slowly and spread out risk among several different types of cryptos that you think have potential.

I would tread lightly at the moment since btc, monero and eth are at all time highs. They can go higher, but I am willing to bet it will go back down in a few days.

So, in regards to a site such as Poloniex, let me know if I am correct with that I am saying.

I opened my coinbase account, but since it's new, I have been capped at certain deposit amounts. On a site like Poloniex or Kraken, it looks like you can only trade coins for coins. Do I need to transfer coins from my coinbase account INTO one of those sites in order to trade? It doesn't seem like I can just use cash (card or bank account) to directly purchase coins on those sites?

Thanks!

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Is there a simple explanation for private wallets (offline and online).

I'm looking to get into some other currencies (Golem, NEM) but how do I create a wallet for one of those to transfer it to from Poloniex? How do I go about creating one for one these lesser known ones?
offline (cold storage) is for long term holding. There are tons of videos breaking it down.

As far as other cryptos, most of them have a GUI wallet. Just search and see what wallet options are available to them. How are you acquiring? BTC and then buying on an exchange like Polo?

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So, in regards to a site such as Poloniex, let me know if I am correct with that I am saying.

I opened my coinbase account, but since it's new, I have been capped at certain deposit amounts. On a site like Poloniex or Kraken, it looks like you can only trade coins for coins. Do I need to transfer coins from my coinbase account INTO one of those sites in order to trade? It doesn't seem like I can just use cash (card or bank account) to directly purchase coins on those sites?

Thanks!
That's how I do it. I try to keep my bank/credit accounts limited to a single site (coinbase is what I use).

You can deposit USD on Kraken, but it will require verification.
How do I deposit USD into my account? (US Resident)

Polo is USD withdraw only from what I remember.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
That's how I do it. I try to keep my bank/credit accounts limited to a single site (coinbase is what I use).

You can deposit USD on Kraken, but it will require verification.
How do I deposit USD into my account? (US Resident)

Polo is USD withdraw only from what I remember.

Thanks for the information. Somewhat frustrating that I can't get my coinebase limit increased right now. Originally it said if I deposit $500 with my debit card that it would increase, but it looks like it wants another $500 (which I can do), but my limit is $500 per week, so I can't deposit that amount right now as the site won't let me.

I registered for Kraken last week, yet it's taking them forever to verify the second and third tier for me.:mjcry:.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Thanks for the information. Somewhat frustrating that I can't get my coinebase limit increased right now. Originally it said if I deposit $500 with my debit card that it would increase, but it looks like it wants another $500 (which I can do), but my limit is $500 per week, so I can't deposit that amount right now as the site won't let me.

I registered for Kraken last week, yet it's taking them forever to verify the second and third tier for me.:mjcry:.
It is definitely frustrating starting out. I used to have instant transfer as an option with my bank account, but I see that is no longer an option for me for whatever reason.