Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I'm not sure you understand how "risk" works. Diversifying ALWAYS reduces risk becauses total failure is then dependent on multiple separate things failing. If everything doesn't fail then you don't lose everything. Investing in a single item increases risk because your entire investment is dependent on the success of one item.

Your confidence in Bitcoin doesn't change the fundamental definition of risk. It's all still just speculation, even with Bitcoin.

If you want to diversify you typically do it in different asset classes. Multiple eggs in the same cryptocurrency basket is not diversifying.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say I was wrong, I still think it's a bubble but it has legs because of the ICO scams abound. Still, no one uses ETH on a daily basis like they do Bitcoin. It has no circular economy and the fundamentals are weak. It's a regulatory arbitrage play at this point.

It will all come crumbling down once the SEC intervenes and people start going to jail for illegal security offerings, which is what ICOs are. There's no way around it.

From an ideological standpoint nothing about Ethereum appeals to me, it's a corporate coin but hey, can't knock the hustle and congrats to anyone who made profits on it.

It can execute contracts and save time. Something bitcoin cannot do.

The potential for ethereum is boundless. Alphabet agencies are more likely to go after bitcoin regulations before ETh.

Now hold this ether

:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm about to buy that Etherium next payday...:youngsabo: Litecoin I'm gonna cop the minute it drops to $25.... :russ:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
You still fukking around with any cryptocurrencies? You had a good eye for that one. I put some cash into DGB and also siacoin today. I feel DGB honestly low key is gonna blow in a couple years. I think I'm gonna steadily feed and buy more of it the next couple months.
no.

if this retreats id buy for the next leg up

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
no.

if this retreats id buy for the next leg up
Damn shame. You were close to having bank. I spent almost 100 just getting my foot in the door with DGB and trying to figure this all out. Gonna spend another maybe 300-500 and just let it sit on it for a couple years and see what happens. shyts lowkey entertaining. If I lose, whatever. Money I woulda wasted at bars or on liquor anyways :yeshrug:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Damn shame. You were close to having bank. I spent almost 100 just getting my foot in the door with DGB and trying to figure this all out. Gonna spend another maybe 300-500 and just let it sit on it for a couple years and see what happens. shyts lowkey entertaining. If I lose, whatever. Money I woulda wasted at bars or on liquor anyways :yeshrug:
i was close to having 250k after taxes and student loans paid off :(