Official LLOYD BANKS - F.N.O. (Failure's No Option) thread

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I really hope Banks puts out a no dj version. I still have no idea why established artists are still using mixtape dj's in 2013 when they put them on datpiff and livemixtapes.

MIXTAPE DJ'S ARE NOT NEEDED

You think Banks would get a mixtape out without a DJ? Someones gotta be on his ass making him work. C'mon breh :upsetfavre:

DonRed

Rookie
Daps
doubt its gonna happen... as dope as the CD might be its just gonna come and go.... mixtape drops in 3 days.... the most promo he'll probably do for it is retweeting whatever Drama says

No interviews.. no blogs.. no Instagram pics in the studio.... nothing... the only thing we'll prolly get in the next few days is a track list

You think Banks would get a mixtape out without a DJ? Someones gotta be on his ass making him work. C'mon breh :upsetfavre:

His last two mixtapes were without DJs

And the DJs don't make anyone work, what you talking about?

DonRed

Rookie
Daps
I felt like Whoo Kid was pushing them :yeshrug:

Drama's tags aren't even bad these days anyway, "Lost Tape" with 50 wasn't hindered by them at all imo.

Banks been missing from G-Unit Records since 2011, DJ Drama said a few months ago he didn't know where he was. Dude is like a ghost

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Banks been missing from G-Unit Records since 2011, DJ Drama said a few months ago he didn't know where he was. Dude is like a ghost
nah, I doubt that, dude prolly just laid up, chillin.... smokin... it might be bad for his brand/business tho to get a rep as a lazy dude tho

DonRed

Rookie
Daps
nah, I doubt that, dude prolly just laid up, chillin.... smokin... it might be bad for his brand/business tho to get a rep as a lazy dude tho

Is he really lazy though? 3 albums and 13 mixtapes? That might be more solo projects than 50 Cent :ehh:

Banks is a perfectionist, he was gonna make FNO sound a little like V6 but scrapped it completely and started again. His younger brother and cousin both dropped mixtapes in September/October so he held back.

The thing is that he hates the fame now, so he'll just drop projects and do shows, can't be mad at how he conducts himself cause if he was still on a major he wouldn't be dropping tracks like Drop A Diamond.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is he really lazy though? 3 albums and 13 mixtapes? That might be more solo projects than 50 Cent :ehh:

Banks is a perfectionist, he was gonna make FNO sound a little like V6 but scrapped it completely and started again. His younger brother and cousin both dropped mixtapes in September/October so he held back.

The thing is that he hates the fame now, so he'll just drop projects and do shows, can't be mad at how he conducts himself cause if he was still on a major he wouldn't be dropping tracks like Drop A Diamond.
who's his younger brother? link to info about him/free mixtapes? dope post BTW

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He's not lazy when it comes to recording... I guess his core fan base just wants to see more from him.... you literally never hear about him unless he's dropping a mixtape and all of em come and go.

He used to drop multiple a year, now its 1 a year and all of em get literally no promo. I haven't seen a Banks interview since HFM2. A couple videos would be nice but we don't even get those and he's not a big enough artist here in the States no more (could be) so all his shows are either overseas or in the NY area.

Banks should be exactly where Fab is...

It'd be cool if dude at least did a Breakfast Club interview explaining why he always ghost and what happened between him and 50