Essential Official Netflix Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’
Premiere Date: 2019

One of Netflix’s blockbuster 2019 shows is this prequel to Jim Henson’s ’80s favorite “The Dark Crystal.” The Jim Henson Company is behind “Age of Resistance,” so you can bet it will likely stick to the tone and style of the original. The show will follow three young Gelflings who inspire an uprising in the world of “The Dark Crystal.”

Screen-Shot-2018-11-14-at-9.53.08-PM.png

‘Raising Dion’
Premiere Date
: 2019

This new Netflix original is about a single mom whose son has superpowers, which she must help him hide while she investigates how he got them. The series was created by comics writer Dennis Liu, who based it on a short film he produced in 2015, which racked up more than 300,000 YouTube views. The show’s impressive cast includes Michael B. Jordan (pictured) and Jason Ritter.

I'm eager to see what that Dark Crystal is like.

Funny thing is you can add Raising Dion to your queue already without any type of info on it.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

Thoros, I hardly recognized you:krs:

Its England, what you want them to do, hold open auditions, the show's over, and they still got bills to pay, a few more game of thrones cast members may pop up

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Carole & Tuesday upcoming original anime from director Shinichiro Watanabe who also directed Cowboy Bebop
renderTimingPixel.png

The official website for Carole & Tuesday, the new original anime by supervising director Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Kids on the Slope, Terror in Resonance) and anime studio BONES, began streaming a commercial on Wednesday. The website also unveiled more staff members, a story synopsis, character profiles, the anime's collaboration with synthesizer and keyboard brand Nord and guitar maker Gibson, and a new visual. It also confirms that the anime will stream exclusively worldwide on Netflix.

Fifty years have passed since mankind began migrating to the new frontier: Mars. It's an age where most culture is produced by AI, and people are content to be passive consumers.

There's a girl. Scrapping a living in the metropolis of Alba City, she's working part-time while trying to become a musician. She's always felt like something is missing. Her name is Carole.

There's a girl. Born to a wealthy family in the provincial town of Herschel City, she dreams of becoming a musician, but nobody around her understands. She feels like the loneliest person in the world. Her name is Tuesday.

A chance meeting brings them together. They want to sing. They want to make music. Together, they feel like they just might have a chance.

The two of them may only create a tiny wave. But that wave will eventually grow into something larger...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I’m so sad z nation got canceled, hopefully Netflix picks it up

Was season 5 good? I remember season 4 being trash. They got 5 seasons in though most shows don't make it that far.

Netflix also got a movie coming set in that universe. No idea if characters from Z-Nation will make an appearance.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was season 5 good? I remember season 4 being trash. They got 5 seasons in though most shows don't make it that far.

Netflix also got a movie coming set in that universe. No idea if characters from Z-Nation will make an appearance.
Yes it’s called black summer, a prequel. Hopefully some of them appear, it features Jaime King