Daps
When I was 23 I had no job experience, no skills, education or nothing. All I had was experience in the D game and I recall putting together a pitiful resume of summer gigs from high school, and just made up jobs. So it was summer 09 and my aunt had a friend that had a little clout at this luxury high rise on the waterfront in downtown Boston. So I went to the interview with cornrolls and a oversized chopper suit for a concierge position. And as soon as I walk in this middle aged cac with an armani suit and cole haan shoes just grilled me like :beli: and said "so tell me a little about yourself " why are you interested in this position ? My heart dropped and I swallowed my throat. All that swag and arrogance went out the window. I may have been that dude on the block but it meant nothing in there world.
Get intimated by an old cac breh.:pachaha:

Daps
:russ: I feel you breh. I was fresh off the block at that point and completely out of my element. But now Im trying to join the coli cert gang :blessed: currently studying for my a+:win:
Nice bros. I suggest you do all the sims you can do repeatedly. Until you memorize the test completely. Look online for rumors of the current sims they are using and find them and do them and understand them.

Daps
Nice bros. I suggest you do all the sims you can do repeatedly. Until you memorize the test completely. Look online for rumors of the current sims they are using and find them and do them and understand them.
Thanks for the advice. I signed up for a 12 week lab at the community college. It only cost 200 bills. We have a job fair when we finish also. I feel like Im going to be ready to take the test before that though.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I have a first name that's usually white and an Irish last name. I'm also one of the most educated, creative, clever, non threatening brothas in the game. Overall, I'm a good dude.

That being said, my resume is the shyt. Over ten years of varied experience in banking and finance. Anything you can name, I've done it or could do it.

Thanks to my name and experience, I get called in for many interviews.

Some of the biggest Negro wake up calls I have ever experienced in my life have been from dusty old cacs who are recruiting for positions.

Just by walking into the building, you can feel that noose energy, that sense of :mjpls:.

Everyone - - from the receptionist, to the people in the elevators, to the people interviewing you are condescending as fukk.

Even though I'm destroying their simple questions with detailed examples and well crafted stories, their body language says it all : "Yeah, you're qualified, you're smart, but you're still a ******."

Needless to say, I've been on many interviews. Every job I've ever had in corporate America, sistas in the company looked out and put me on. One of the zillions of reasons I go hard for black women. I digress.

Just the feeling of depending on cacs for employment will teach you very quickly that we live in a system of white supremacy.
:mjcry: I feel the pain... I got a typically white name & talk proper/educated on the phone... I went in for a interview & they told me I was in the wrong place cause they expected a white guy... I got directed back & they was all like.... :mindblown: youre black....

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:mjcry: I feel the pain... I got a typically white name & talk proper/educated on the phone... I went in for a interview & they told me I was in the wrong place cause they expected a white guy... I got directed back & they was all like.... :mindblown: youre black....
See, that's discrimination and they can be sued for that.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On the third day of having my first car, I got pulled over and two cops ran up on me and opened my driver and passenger doors with pistols drawn. No questions asked.

Me: What the fukk is going on :dwillhuh:

Cops: What's your name:demonic:

Me: Tells cop name :dahell:

Cop to the other cop: We got the wrong guy. :shaq2:

Cop to me: I apologize sir your car matches that of the suspect we are looking for. :smugbiden:

Me: :mindblown:

Be from the hood brehs :wow:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
On the third day of having my first car, I got pulled over and two cops ran up on me and opened my driver and passenger doors with pistols drawn. No questions asked.

Me: What the fukk is going on :dwillhuh:

Cops: What's your name:demonic:

Me: Tells cop name :dahell:

Cop to the other cop: We got the wrong guy. :shaq2:

Cop to me: I apologize sir your car matches that of the suspect we are looking for. :smugbiden:

Me: :mindblown:

Be from the hood brehs :wow:
Similar shyt happened to me. I was driving through Linden, NJ (slightly hood) to go and get some Halal food at around 1 am. I was driving within the speed limit but I noticed that these cops kept following me. Saw the blue and reds, pulled over.

Cop: License and registration please

Me: *hands him my shyt*

Cop: I noticed you were speeding. (:comeon:) What are you doing around here this late?

Me: Just getting something to eat *shows him bag of food*

Cop: All the way from Newark?

Me: Yea this is my favorite spot plus its one of the few places that stay open this late

Cop goes back to the car. His backup shows up and he comes back

Cop: You know you match the description of a shooting suspect :demonic:You got anything in the car? Any drugs or guns?
Do you mind if we take a look? :dame:

Just as this cop was about to search my shyt I hear....

Dispatcher: Two black males were just reported walking down the street having a conversation about shooting somebody

Cop: *Got it* Sorry about the inconvenience. You just matched the description of a guy we were looking for. Sorry about that. You're good. You can go now.

Me: :aicmon:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
got called a nikka in like 4th grade and gave a cac the literal Stone Cold Steve Austin stomps....these stomps were so authentic that i even pulled back and gave him fake wrestling stomps and he SOLD them :wow: