[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just beat the game. That final boss fight was long as hell, but there's a spoiler part of it that I really enjoyed.

To all of the people who dismiss the complaints of minigame bloat because it's mostly optional, yes it's technically optional. However, if you want to level up your characters and party to unlock more skills and not get your checks clapped when you face boss battles, then you're compelled to play these "optional" minigames. For example one of Tifa's weapons is locked behind getting the top score of a minigame. Sure it's "optional" but you have to play it if you want that weapon.

It would be one thing if the mini games were fun like Queens Blood and the shooting gallery. But most are either badly designed like the chicken one or animal soccer, or boring and feel like busy work.

All in all, I did like the game. The highs moments were very VERY high. I would put Remake slightly ahead it because Remake had less lows the Rebirth, but I still can't wait to play the 3rd part and see how the story concludes (I'm one of the few people that never played the OG FF7. Although I now most of the big story beats due to cultural osmosis, I don't know the particulars.)

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Just beat the game. That final boss fight was long as hell, but there's a spoiler part of it that I really enjoyed.

To all of the people who dismiss the complaints of minigame bloat because it's mostly optional, yes it's technically optional. However, if you want to level up your characters and party to unlock more skills and not get your checks clapped when you face boss battles, then you're compelled to play these "optional" minigames. For example one of Tifa's weapons is locked behind getting the top score of a minigame. Sure it's "optional" but you have to play it if you want that weapon.

It would be one thing if the mini games were fun like Queens Blood and the shooting gallery. But most are either badly designed like the chicken one or animal soccer, or boring and feel like busy work.

All in all, I did like the game. The highs moments were very VERY high. I would put Remake slightly ahead it because Remake had less lows the Rebirth, but I still can't wait to play the 3rd part and see how the story concludes (I'm one of the few people that never played the OG FF7. Although I now most of the big story beats due to cultural osmosis, I don't know the particulars.)

Whether you were able to get the Dragon Claws or not doesn't hold you back from beating any of the bosses. If you didn't like Desert Rush that's fine but it's the definition of optional. Starshower isn't an ability that moves the needle even if the gloves are a well balanced weapon for Tifa.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Can't wait to see the speed runs of this game.

I'm still fukkin around in Chapter 12, and while I've done just about everything, but the combat is extremely easy IMO. As long as you "Scan" and focus on enemy weaknesses, you shouldn't have trouble at all. Odin might be the only fight I had any problem with, but that's mostly because I gimped myself using characters with notorously slow dodge.

Almost every weapon or armor that's locked behind some mini-game can be purchased later on at a store, otherwise gil is practically useless. Which, that might be my biggest critique, because I hate when game mechanics are under-used, and it's especially weird to have the world's fiat currency almost never used.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoever came up with that Red Dragon boss fight and Crimson Breath deserves to be fired. Months later and it still hasn't patched and there's no way to dodge it outside of trying to tank it and using reraise.
Giving bosses unblockable, auto-kill moves is some very weird game design.

I had to do Magnify+Manaward on one character and spam Magnify+Cure. At the end of the fight I only had Cloud alive and barely beat it with 1 HP left.:dwillhuh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

I had to do Magnify+Manaward on one character and spam Magnify+Cure. At the end of the fight I only had Cloud alive and barely beat it with 1 HP left.:dwillhuh:
You can nullify the attack all together on normal mode by destroying his chest, which will reduce the range of the attack.

For whatever reason though, they decided to not have that carry over on hard mode and it doesn't help that crimson isn't technically a "fire attack" eventhough it should be so you can't even tank it. I've read that some people say that they didn't beta test some of the bosses in hard mode and I can believe it.

They still haven't even fixed the ribbon/stun bug that's been going on for months now.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
You can nullify the attack all together on normal mode by destroying his chest, which will reduce the range of the attack.

For whatever reason though, they decided to not have that carry over on hard mode and it doesn't help that crimson isn't technically a "fire attack" eventhough it should be so you can't even tank it. I've read that some people say that they didn't beta test some of the bosses in hard mode and I can believe it.

They still haven't even fixed the ribbon/stun bug that's been going on for months now.
Did you play the first side quest on hard mode? It’s fukkin ridiculous.

:laff::laff:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Did you play the first side quest on hard mode? It’s fukkin ridiculous.

:laff::laff:
You’re talking about Flowers from the Hill and the Mandrakes :mjlol:

There‘s also White Terror in the Grasslands, which is a pain in the ass as well since Fire elemental doesn’t work on Earspitting Howl.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Odin and Bahamut were fukking problems. Odin somehow wasn't too bad since you can sort of have his Zantetsuken move evaded but Bahamut nah.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Some of the best combat in a jrpg..but my gosh Soo much busy work and filler....and forced minigames aka if I don't do em I can't progress the main story which is asinine :what:

I know am not allowed to critique highly rated games but they could spend all that time finishing the 3rd part and add it to one game..capitalism is a bytch at times smh

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Some of the best combat in a jrpg..but my gosh Soo much busy work and filler....and forced minigames aka if I don't do em I can't progress the main story which is asinine :what:

I know am not allowed to critique highly rated games but they could spend all that time finishing the 3rd part and add it to one game..capitalism is a bytch at times smh

The fluff in this game is infuriating, and the only incentive to explore 90% of these vast maps is to find life streams and towers, followed by quick rhythm and pointless quick-time mini-games that suck the fun out of exploring. Chadly has to be one of the top 10 most annoying characters in gaming. To make matters worse, traversal in the game is straight ass. Side missions so far have been all garbage.

They could have improved this game significantly just by adding a jump button and eliminating all the unnecessary slowdowns, like holding the triangle button for 10 seconds to pull a fukking lever or bring up a sign at a bus stop, and slowly climbing painfully obvious yellow-painted bricks. I don't see how these developers can play games like Elden Ring, Sekiro, Zelda, etc., and then create exploration based games with the most janky verticality.

With that said…it’s still a great game that I plan on beating.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you’re on normal mode, destroying the chest will reduce the range of crimson breath. If you’re on hard mode, then it doesn’t work and you gotta find a way to tank it.

Use Yuffie in the beginning while hiding behind the pillars.
Yeah the Crimson breath is what’s killing me. I was using Yuffie while spamming Icy Banishment while in arcane ward.