Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Dt7r7upiKLjJhsKH2cZe8M-480-80.jpg

Solid. I watched this a few days ago on my flat screen surround sound. I liked it but I didn't see it on the Big Screen because they just rebooted 5 years previously and I've honestly had enough with Hollywood's reboot obsession so sadly this was the 1st Spidey I didn't see on the Big Screen. Michael Keaton stole the movie. One of the Best Marvel Villains in years. His motivations, his acting, everything was believable. Loved the costume too. Overall the high school element worked but I agree with people saying he was acting a little to Michael J. Fox Back To The Futureish. I was nervous about the Iron Man inclusion but it really was a glorified cameo but Robert had me dying, he was too funny. The posters are slightly misdirection because he doesn't have a huge role. Robert was basically the Uncle Ben in this film. The action was on point along with the cast though his friend was overacting in certain scenes. So I give a solid B grade and I think I'm looking more forward the sequel. I definitely think Michael Keaton should return and maybe work with other Spidey villains and do the Sinister Six thing right.

I also liked the story twist with Liz, I honestly didn't see it coming because in the comics she wasn't Falcon's daughter but Green Goblin's. Now for my beef, The reason this wasn't an A is because I agree with people about Spidey Sense. It was a glaring flaw with the film. Along with the Spidey Ironman Suit. Spidey doesn't need that, that's why he has his Spidey sense. This was the perfect movie to explore it and use it. Kinda like the Tobey scene in the cafeteria, I loved that scene with the Spidey Sense. The Ironman Suit wasn't great writing to me. Spidey doesn't need to be Tony, he's Spidey. Though the suit was dope. He has supernatural powers. My favorite part of the movie was once he lost the suit and had to use his own instincts. This kid got personality too and I liked how it felt like it picked right up from "Civil War". I didn't like everyone knowing his identity too. But I like the direction and tone of the film so Marvel did do a good job. Yes it was better than the last three Spidey's. Also the Box Office was just fine. Spidey has never done a Billion. Yes popularity wise he should but it just has never happen. I think this franchise could eventually do it. So I think Sony did the right thing, this was just he injection the franchise needed. A really Young Spidey to grow into the role.

homecoming.jpg

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
@MartyMcFly

What do you say to the folks that think you're crazy if you think Homecoming is better than Spiderman 1 or 2. How do you see the two(three?) movies when compared to one another.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly

What do you say to the folks that think you're crazy if you think Homecoming is better than Spiderman 1 or 2. How do you see the two(three?) movies when compared to one another.
There reasons why I could see someone liking this more than those. They all have their merits. I think Spider-Man 2 is still great. Spider-Man was never big on my list of favorites. Like it but never loved it. Part 3 is a waste because it has moments and actually has some interesting stuff but it’s just wasted.

I don’t think it’s crazy to like homecoming more than any Spider-Man flick tho. It does a lot more right than wrong and ultimately I feel like your love of the Spider-Man movie depends on your love of the main guy. If you’re lukewarm on the guy behind the mask and what he’s doing that will impact how you feel about the flick. I’m not a tobey fan so it lowers the movies for me but I can’t deny Spider-Man 2

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
kraven n mysterio for the sequel, lose karen but keep the other suits tech. better fights n venture into the city. introduce oscorp n set up the sinister six n maybe symbiote for the last film.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There reasons why I could see someone liking this more than those. They all have their merits. I think Spider-Man 2 is still great. Spider-Man was never big on my list of favorites. Like it but never loved it. Part 3 is a waste because it has moments and actually has some interesting stuff but it’s just wasted.

I don’t think it’s crazy to like homecoming more than any Spider-Man flick tho. It does a lot more right than wrong and ultimately I feel like your love of the Spider-Man movie depends on your love of the main guy. If you’re lukewarm on the guy behind the mask and what he’s doing that will impact how you feel about the flick. I’m not a tobey fan so it lowers the movies for me but I can’t deny Spider-Man 2

Still the GOAT Spidey flick IMO

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Just saw this and outside of Vulture i genuinely was bored for most of it. Spider-Man doesnt need an oxygen mask 30k feet in the air?:gucci: The cgi on the plane was trash.

I thought i would like the high school stuff more than i did, but some skinny Indian is Flash :pachaha: penis Parker is the worst form of bullying:pachaha:

May isnt broke and has an expensive ass fridge:beli:

Now she knows:patrice:

Pretty much nothing about Peter's struggle is here.

Peter doesnt even build his own suit, and gets treated like a kid by Tony:what: fukk that. Peter actually has POWERS. Tony has no say here:camby:

And tonys whole schtick doesnt make sense. If you didnt think he could handle big boy stuff, why bring him to the airport in CW? How is getting killed fighting an arms dealer any easier on his conscience than if he got shot by a bnank robber? Tony makes no sense.

I wish there was a scene with vulture in court, because he had those contracts. :manny:

Shocker only had one fukking shocker

Last edited: