Official thread : Terence Crawford vs Felix Diaz : you crash when you take BUD Light

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Definitely needs to embrace the urban market. He's ready to be the face of Black Boxing right now imo, just doesn't have the fanbase currently bc nikkas dont know him.

They gotta get his face & name out there more.

don't Thurman already got that or spence if he wins vs brook?:patrice:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
diaz last fight at 140(where he beat granandos was in 2014...3 years ago)...I think he a 147 guy for pbc that people thought beat Peterson(who they thought had just beat Garcia) and vargas.

that's the only reason some fans were screaming upset alert on some boxing forums/youtube channels.

but yeah I been saying bud should fight the bigger names from pbc. after this unification with Julius he'll move up for sure. unless mikey Garcia want to move up by then which I strongly doubt.

Crawford just has to face a fighter with a decent sized fanbase. The "biggest" fighter he's faced is Ricky Burns.

I think he beats Pacquiao, so I hope he goes after him, KOs him, and then becomes a household name

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
who should be the first fighter Crawford faces at 147?:jbhmm:

lamont Peterson?
Adrien broner?
shawn porter?
danny Garcia?
jesse vargas?

:dead: at Jessie Vargas:pacspit:

How about Spence?:hubie:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Crawford v Orozco, Indongo, Pacman are all really good fights.

He can test the 147 waters against Ponomarev, Vargas, or Amir Khan if needed.

He doesn't need to go anywhere. PBC and Top Rank are willing to do business and Bud is not is any dire strait to prove himself nor find a worthy opponent.

He's absolutely fine.

Why in God's name should he wait on Top Rank...I am not a biased fan IDGAF who signs with who....Vargas/Khan 100% cool no issue at all those are names and high profile cool with me....but no more no name title holders....fukk that....you got a small window in boxing and he is "A" talent not getting exposure.....PERIOD...thecoli is not indicative of the rest of the world.....he needs Thurman, Porter , Brook, Danny, Broner Spence or Mikey Garcia....period.

Are you seriously ok with arguably the best fighter on earth against this level of opposition for the next 2 years?!

Fukk waiting on Manny...yeah he wants it cause of the exposure/payday/passing of torch but Manny wants no part of him....why wait!?!?! Tell Bob I want an A-side at 140-147 or eat a dikk....I'm walking.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
don't Thurman already got that or spence if he wins vs brook?:patrice:

:aboutbillions: is the #1 black fighter still. Not because of resume, but because of popularity. I think Crawford could take that spot if he is marketed within the urban community and start acting like the real Crawford...the one who shows up on fight night...outside the ring as well.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
well I figure spence is either gonna take a break if he beat brook or go straight ahead to Thurman.

but yes he has said hes open to spence.

Thurman already has a mandatory...but Id love Crawford vs Thurman.

Crawford vs Thurman, Spence, Porter, Broner, Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse, Khan, Brook....there are some big fights that can be made at 147 for him which can push him to the moon.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Why in God's name should he wait on Top Rank...I am not a biased fan IDGAF who signs with who....Vargas/Khan 100% cool no issue at all those are names and high profile cool with me....but no more no name title holders....fukk that....you got a small window in boxing and he is "A" talent not getting exposure.....PERIOD...thecoli is not indicative of the rest of the world.....he needs Thurman, Porter , Brook, Danny Spence or Mikey Garcia....period.

Fukk waiting on Manny...yeah he wants it cause of the exposure/payday/passing of torch but Manny wants no part of him....why wait!?!?! Tell Bob I want an A-side at 140-147 or eat a dikk....I'm walking.
He's not waiting on TR, what do you mean?

He's not even at 147. Pacman is simply a cash cow in a weight he can make, that's it.

Until he weighs in as a welterweight, he's not 1. Why you're obsessed with this notion that he's needing to sign with PBC or Mayweather, then somehow moving off of this, to face welterweights makes no sense.

They're all really good fights, but he has options he can move on, right now, where he's at with ease that are also really good fights.

And like I said before, PBC fights can also be made if he so chooses to.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
He's not waiting on TR, what do you mean?

He's not even at 147. Pacman is simply a cash cow in a weight he can make, that's it.

Until he weighs in as a welterweight, he's not 1. Why you're obsessed with this notion that he's needing to sign with PBC or Mayweather, then somehow moving off of this, to face welterweights makes no sense.

They're all really good fights, but he has options he can move on, right now, where he's at with ease that are also really good fights.

And like I said before, PBC fights can also be made if he so chooses to.

He has been out for 4.5 years and still waiting to break through....and that nikka weighed damn near 160 he's a WW masquerading as a JWW...hence why he said Thurman name...if you can't tell based on him responding to Max about Manny and Thurman he's tired of these Diaz-level opponents IDK what to tell you.

He is watching his contemporaries get A opponents and he gets the leftovers....them nikkas on Def Jam/Death Row/Bad Boy in their primes and he is on Rawkus at 140-147

SuikodenII

Daps
:aboutbillions: is the #1 black fighter still. Not because of resume, but because of popularity. I think Crawford could take that spot if he is marketed within the urban community and start acting like the real Crawford...the one who shows up on fight night...outside the ring as well.
You want him to play a caricature of a black man? I guess Oscar and Leonard needed to be as vicious outside of the ring as they were on the inside as well...

I think what he's doing is just fine. Showing up, whooping ass, staying sharp, staying controversy free (as much as possible)

Very unnecessary criticism for a guy who's already gotten in legal trouble and still manages to keep his nose clean and mind focused on boxing.

If the urban market, or any market, can't accept a black athlete as just that and nothing extra, then it is what it is.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You want him to play a caricature of a black man? I guess Oscar and Leonard needed to be as vicious outside of the ring as they were on the inside as well...

I think what he's doing is just fine. Showing up, whooping ass, staying sharp, staying controversy free (as much as possible)

Very unnecessary criticism for a guy who's already gotten in legal trouble and still manages to keep his nose clean and mind focused on boxing.

If the urban market, or any market, can't accept a black athlete as just that and nothing extra, then it is what it is.

No one is telling him to c00n or :troll:but Goddamn man at least get to Ward status....Ward has B2B ppvs and had a GAUNTLET of A opponents at 168..get this nikka on Breakfast Club...Under Armour and let him fly...get him on FS1 and ESPN...he is fighting 2x/year and then nothing.....fukkin Robert Guerroro and Berto are bigger household names.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

I want him to be himself.

He grew up MUCH rougher than both DLH & SRL, so there's no comparison to them vs him. He needs to be BUD Crawford at all times, and he needs to be marketed within the urban community.

SuikodenII

Daps
He has been out for 4.5 years and still waiting to break through....and that nikka weighed damn near 160 he's a WW masquerading as a JWW...hence why he said Thurman name...if you can't tell based on him responding to Max about Manny and Thurman he's tired of these Diaz-level opponents IDK what to tell you.

He is watching his contemporaries get A opponents and he gets the leftovers....them nikkas on Def Jam/Death Row/Bad Boy in their primes and he is on Rawkus at 140-147
He's been headlining HBO events, a PPV event, in line for another major unification, possible legacy fight this winter, on every p4p list.

How hasn't he broken through?

The Super stardom level takes time my man, there's no magic wand to this... Especially if you're a black athlete who is not controversial.

His TR interview told me everything I needed to know. He was happy, relaxed, and looking forward to a summer unification.

Like I said before, he's fine. Don't sweat the small stuff kid.