Old heads how mad were u when Smif-N-Wessun pulled this stunt.....

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Evil Dee said they always did remixes for their singles. That was a BCC thing. Same with Black Moon.

This dropped almost a year after Dah Shinin' was released. So there was no way it could've been on the album.

they pulled that BS with I gotcha open 2...... :ohhh:

How u drop BETTER beats on the singles everyone knows....u spend damn near a dub on an album...unwrap it expect to hear the song u know.... and get okie doked :what:

the Blackmoon one was waaaay worse I shoulda thought of that but I was bumping Da shining on the way 2 work n got mad AF this morning.

Did he do that shyt for the OGC jawn 2?

He shoulda been killed for that grimy move :francis:

edit: ^^figurativly speaking.

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
It's kinda wild that arguably the two most known songs in Duck Down history (This version of Wreckonize and Black Moon's I Gotcha Opin remix) aren't on either of the group's album

What is the reasoning I really don't understand :what:

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
^^^ That's why I fukk with Black Moons - "Diggin In Dah Vaults" HEAVY

Six Feet Deep might be my favorite BM track (top 5 at least)

And again especially early on there was clearly an emphasis on having a consistent sound throughout those LPs

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
What is the reasoning I really don't understand :what:
Sample clearancing and when the records were recorded I assume.

I remember back in the 90s a lot of times the album cut would get a remix and the remix would be the commercial release.

If you rememeber Biggie did it with One More Chance. The remix version everyone knows isn't on Ready to Die.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Sample clearancing and when the records were recorded I assume.

I remember back in the 90s a lot of times the album cut would get a remix and the remix would be the commercial release.

If you rememeber Biggie did it with One More Chance. The remix version everyone knows isn't on Ready to Die.

Shiit that was another 1......
how do they play it on the radio and get air time for the video tho; but you can't put it in an album? :jbhmm: