Old heads how mad were u when Smif-N-Wessun pulled this stunt.....

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
they pulled that BS with I gotcha open 2...... :ohhh:

How u drop BETTER beats on the singles everyone knows....u spend damn near a dub on an album...unwrap it expect to hear the song u know.... and get okie doked :what:

the Blackmoon one was waaaay worse I shoulda thought of that but I was bumping Da shining on the way 2 work n got mad AF this morning.

Did he do that shyt for the OGC jawn 2?

He shoulda been killed for that grimy move :francis:

Beatminerz upgraded all of their equipment after getting paid for Enta Da Stage.

So they switched to making beats on the MPC and SP, so that's why the production got more polished for Dah Shinin'. They said Tek and Steele would come to them after the fact, with popular samples they wanted to rap over, but they would be against it, lol. This remix was one of those examples. Buckshot did the same with the Barry White joint for "I Got U Opin". He brought them the record and said he wanted to use it for a remix.

Beatminerz hated using popular samples, but the MC's kept bringing them records with well-known samples they wanted rock over. LOL!!

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
white labels, maxi singles, proper remixes, tapes or cd's having bonus tracks, no reference track for every song on your album like you a generic white chick trying to top the charts... this is hip hop :wow:

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Evil Dee said they always did remixes for their singles. That was a BCC thing. Same with Black Moon.

This dropped almost a year after Dah Shinin' was released. So there was no way it could've been on the album.
Buck Em Down and I Got Ya Open Remix were FIRE, they always had those remixes like you said....

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
thought this was gonna be about changing their name :dead:
Breh I actually owned that album 2...the 1 with black trump....that could be a whole other thread in itself :russ:

Changing their name wasn't the issue with that Cocoa Bz album. That was one of the most dissapointing hyped up Hip Hop albums of all time. And to add insult to injury was the delays and push backs till it finally dropped. That album, Heltah Skeltahs Magnum Force, Canibus' debut, Pras' debut and John Fortes debut all gave us stinkers in 1998.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Changing their name wasn't the issue with that Cocoa Bz album. That was one of the most dissapointing hyped up Hip Hop albums of all time. That album, Heltah Skeltahs Magnum Force, Canibus' debut and John Fortes debut all gave us stinkers in 1998.

Yea that album was a weed plate.

I think they even made "Spanish Harlem" a single....coming from smif n wessun :dahell:

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Changing their name wasn't the issue with that Cocoa Bz album. That was one of the most dissapointing hyped up Hip Hop albums of all time. That album, Heltah Skeltahs Magnum Force, Canibus' debut and John Fortes debut all gave us stinkers in 1998.
I liked quite a few songs on Magnum Force overall but the others you mention are definitely up there with the big disappointments of 98 no doubt.... That Cocoa Bs album was A HUGE LETDOWN I remember, their debut is 10 times better and they dropped on that one IMO.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Shiit that was another 1......
how do they play it on the radio and get air time for the video tho; but you can't put it in an album? :jbhmm:
Lol they needed another single for Ready to Die and the original version of One More Chance was too explicit so they did the remix.

They weren't legally allowed to release it but they did anyway and just dealt with the ramifications. Probably had to pay out money to Debarge.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Buck Em Down and I Got Ya Open Remix were FIRE, they always had those remixes like you said....

Truth.

You always knew they were gonna drop a remix for their singles back then. All the Black Moon remixes were dope! They had some classic b-sides too. The b-side I always wished Smif N Wessun had on Dah Shinin' was this joint: