Old heads how mad were u when Smif-N-Wessun pulled this stunt.....

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
It used to be crazy because nikkas would buy albums thinking the video version of the song was on the album and get pissed. Like Crossroads lol.
You brought back memories on that one. I had E. 1999 on cassette and said “what the hell”. I actually have come to prefer the original but I bought that tape for the radio version

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
for real. I knew this was a 5 mic album the first time I heard it.

First single, too (that didn't make the album)

pure NY to somebody from Mississippi who only knew fields and woods and Joliet/Chicago slums

edit: honestly it makes sense this didn't make the album. This a pure Summer song. Dah Shinin is Winter.

Honestly the first rap album to make me go :gladbron:

and this was AFTER/DURING 94/95 when I had gone through the Illmatics, Wu Tangs, Redmans and OutKasts.

Only album I hold in higher reverence for that time is Resurrection by Common (changed my perception of music in general)

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
This shyt wasn’t really hot like that.
Lies. The only BCC single and video from 95-96 that got more play than this was Leflur Leflah. And the "I shine, you shine" parts that they also used for Mary J's single were definitely hot and known by people that didn't even know Smiff N Wessun like that, especially girls

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Evil Dee said they always did remixes for their singles. That was a BCC thing. Same with Black Moon.

This dropped almost a year after Dah Shinin' was released. So there was no way it could've been on the album.
Black moon worldwind is a classic.. gotta add that to my rotation

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Lies. The only BCC single and video from 95-96 that got more play than this was Leflur Leflah. And the "I shine, you shine" parts that they also used for Mary J's single were definitely hot and known by people that didn't even know Smiff N Wessun like that, especially girls

Wreckognize was mid at best for them at that time bc it was poppy. Cats understood bc they was finally getting a budget (atleast that was the impression). It wasn’t like we was hating. The mjb remixes were all bangers in the mid 90s she couldn’t miss

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
THIS, not being on the album is the true travesty. Might be my favorite S-n-W song

Definitely one of my favorites from them.

Perfect vibe for Dah Shinin' too. They threw it on white label vinyl, and you had to search all over to find it back then. Craziness!

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
It used to be crazy because nikkas would buy albums thinking the video version of the song was on the album and get pissed. Like Crossroads lol.

scream-loud-scream.gif

moms bought me that shyt 2 and tried to return it cause she wanted to hear it :mjlol:
yo that album was funny 2 you crossroads and then the rest of the album sounded like the rapture was going down :dead:

me and my bro use to play that 2 death. I remember he told me I had to hold the liner nots in the mirror then tells me I just got ouijiee cursed. man I was SHOOK his bytch ass had me sleeping with onions and garlic under my mattres on some dumb shyt.. mom found them and was BIG MAD. Had me stinking for no reason I hate that MF sometimes. :pacspit:

ma tried to take the album from us :mjlol:

them bone thugs brehs really sounded like some demons tho I believed that dumb shyt :russ:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

That was on Mary's album tho. they were just a feature