On its 15 year anniversary, Rate this anime day 13 Bleach

Rate: Bleach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I just got into bleach about a year ago and I loved it Netflix on had the soul society arc sohh that’s all I’ve seen.

I think what drew me in was the music and the art style. This show had a lot of swag with the fly OPs, and how characters dress. Kubo has to be my favorite manga artist just from a character designer standpoint. I feel like dude should make characters for a rpg or a fighting game or something because his style is his strength than storytelling is.

I don’t know if I can accurately score it cuz I never watched the whole thing but I just want say I hope Bleach gets a DBkai anime update. It needs it desperately and it’s still mad popular in Japan and America sohh I personally feel like I’ll happen eventually.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
:wow: Didn’t have enough gif space but I wanted to give grimmjow a shoutout.

giphy.gif
My guy :wow:only reason I gave it a 2 :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave it a 6. The Soul Society/Save Rukia arc was great, but after that I lost interest. Is it worth getting back into?
After watching/reading crazy GOAT-level series like Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist, I don't know if Bleach is going to restore that feeling for me, personally. :lupe:

player611

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
6/10

If the manga was fully animated this would be 2/10
That last arc was awful

Bleach got worse as it went on. Save Rukia arc is still one of the greatest arcs in anime so the show gets a 6/10

2/10 is a little rough imo. Those end of the manga fights between the captains and sternritters would put this at least a 8 for me if they were animated. This anime already had great music and fight scenes, so adding the rest of the manga would only help it, unless you care about the story.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The OST, openings and character aesthetics were top notch.

After the Rukia arc, this series did a nosedive and recovered slightly with the arrival of the saiyans type arc with Yami and Ulqiuorra.

Naruto and Bleach had the same problem of not letting their character train to become stronger but to beat their opponents they had to be their opponents.

Every race their opponent was they became as the series moved on.

Worst of all, Ichigo had no swordsmanship.

Getsuga Tenshou, repeat.

The dope characters didn't get any burn.

Uryu, his pops, Hisagi, Ikkaku, Kaname, Yoruichi

Renji was wack, Rukia got power crept by Hitsugaya.

Orihime:hhh:

Kurosaki Kun, Kurosaki Kun, Kurosaki kun, Kurosaki kun.

Unbearable arc.

Aizen should have made it to the soul king, missed opportunity.

I stopped reading after Aizen's defeat and then read some of the ending of the Quincy war.

Straight garbage. Just like that Naruto war, resurrection, genjutsu, OG mama ninja arc.

I know when to stop reading thank goodness.

5/10

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Up until the SS arc it's a nine/ten. Then Kubo makes promises he can't keep and stuff gets weird

Ichigo's powers never become more creative than the Black Getsuga Tensho. The only advancements he makes as a fighter post Bankai are from being born with a natural affinity all three major powers in that universe - Quincy, Shinigami, Hollow....which enable him to spam stronger Getsuga Tenshou in different hues

- Goku has the Kamehameha variations, Spirit Bomb, Destructo Disc, Solar flare, actual martial arts, tons of transformations. Used his teeth if he had to. Used his skull if he had to. No matter how you feel about him as a person he had endless ways to fukk someone up and they knew it too.

- Yusuke has the spirit gun, spirit wave, spirit shotgun. Creative uses of the same source of power. Also beat the shyt out of people with his bare hands and could transform.

- Luffy has a variety of creative applications with his gum gum fruit, haki, and he can transform to give those moves different properties.

Ichigo justs spam beams from the tip of his sword and isn't even a real swordsman so he doesn't have techniques to rely on when his beam spam doesn't work. It's beginner shyt to give your main character creative abilities but somehow Kubo didn't care to advance Ichigo far beyond what he learned in the second arc.

Ichigo becomes literally impervious to death for no other reason other than he's the main character. One of the WOAT moments in shonen is Ulquiorra killing him for the second time in the same arc, this time blowing a hole in his chest because removing his heart wasn't enough before, only for Ichigo to unconsciously kill him and not remember anything about it afterwards. He had the nerve to say some shyt like "I DIDN'T WANT TO WIN THIS WAY" as if he's good enough to beat anyone significant on his own.

Orihime had the potential to reverse death. She should be one of the strongest characters in that universe. Aizen kidnapped her for that very reason. But it was never followed up on because Orihime is almost always some shown to be some combination of stupid, vulnerable and in love with Ichigo, which are probably all the same thing.

You can say something like this for nearly every character in Bleach. Lots of unfulfilled potential across the board, Kubo is a better character designer than he is writer and seemed to even stop trying in the end with how the artwork declined and villains stopped making any sense whatsoever. not that aizen wasn't broken already.

Bleach is 41% filler, so a lot of it only exists because the manga wasn't done yet, and it ends before the manga concludes. and the manga is definitely the best way to read bleach because you can circumvent the slow pacing by binge reading.

The SS arc, the music, all of the creative character designs, really interesting universe even if not fully explored makes it at worst a 5 for me. It's especially the music that makes me look back with some level of appreciation for this anime. A lot of the OPs, EDs, OSTs are glued to memory and are still in my shuffle playlist a decade later

pretty sure this was the first AMV I ever watched too. got me into video editing which i still do today

nominating Tenchi Muyo, especially that great first OVA, and Sailor Moon

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
I love Bleach despite it's flaws and the high amount of people that bash it :manny:

Love the character designs, OST, villains (Ulquiorra, Aizen, Grimmjow) and it's nostalgic for me.
Also has one of my favorite fights in anime :mjgrin:

giphy.gif