Once more, an Unseld leads the Bullets: Washington Wizards 2021-22 Season Thread

Where do the Bullets go?

• Lottery Season

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • 1st Round Exit for 2nd straight year

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Conference Semifinals

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Eastern Conference Finals

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • NBA Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NBA Champions

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
He's cool. He's not as dominant in the post as I'd like him to be against smaller players, and I keep playing around with the idea if he's better at the four.. but clearly we don't want him guarding at the perimeter. I wanted to see a gaff, Porzingis lineup just for fun. Got to see a deni, Rui, kuzma lineup with a guard and a big (gafford this instance) but deni and Rui be passing up too many shots or don't create enough for themselves.

KP was lights out from three though. And someone to consider defensively on the inside and I suspect our ability to defend the three in the first unit was them knowing they could sell out there and the middle is still hard to get into. They had a lot of points in the paint though against gaff

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

He's cool. He's not as dominant in the post as I'd like him to be against smaller players, and I keep playing around with the idea if he's better at the four.. but clearly we don't want him guarding at the perimeter. I wanted to see a gaff, Porzingis lineup just for fun. Got to see a deni, Rui, kuzma lineup with a guard and a big (gafford this instance) but deni and Rui be passing up too many shots or don't create enough for themselves.

KP was lights out from three though. And someone to consider defensively on the inside and I suspect our ability to defend the three in the first unit was them knowing they could sell out there and the middle is still hard to get into. They had a lot of points in the paint though against gaff

:russ: @ALonelyDad @2Quik4UHoes @CantStop @Regular_P

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Wizards twitter already out on Wes

I push back

I’m not ready to give up on him. But he whiffed badly on Dinwiddie and had him playing out of position. And yeah we can attribute his new sic to Luka but Luka missed a game and Spencer dropped like 30. And yeah Rui is probably easily our best player currently (maybe Kuzma) and who we should be grooming our future around.

Daps
I’m not ready to give up on him. But he whiffed badly on Dinwiddie and had him playing out of position. And yeah we can attribute his new sic to Luka but Luka missed a game and Spencer dropped like 30. And yeah Rui is probably easily our best player currently (maybe Kuzma) and who we should be grooming our future around.

Is there a particular reason Rui can’t start at the 3? I see no problem with sliding KCP down to the 2 and having Kispert come off the bench.

Having Neto and Kispert as the two starting guards is just wild to me defensively. It’s only like 15 games left so it’s whatever at this point. Wizards just need to get to the offseason.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Is there a particular reason Rui can’t start at the 3? I see no problem with sliding KCP down to the 2 and having Kispert come off the bench.

Having Neto and Kispert as the two starting guards is just wild to me defensively. It’s only like 15 games left so it’s whatever at this point. Wizards just need to get to the offseason.
Rui can’t guard 3s that can dribble

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Well Porzingis is technically our best player, the most talented by far but of course we know he can’t stay healthy

I like Rui and I’m glad he’s improved his shooting. But he’s got to give me more in terms of rebounds and play making.

Kuz has been cooling off as of late. The turnovers are a problem and while he’s trying on defense he makes dumb mistakes.

The Dinwiddie situation is definitely a mark on Wes. At the same time, I know Wes wasn’t telling that nikka to be allergic to the paint or brick 3s with 17 secs on the shot clock or hold the ball till 5 secs and throw a grenade to a teammate :scust:

A real PG who can defend and hit shots along with Beal for a full season and I can judge Wes more accurately.

A Wizards fan on Reddit was at the game in Portland and said Wes is coaching his ass off. It sounds to me like the players have low IQ…. I’m looking at Daniel Gafford and Thomas Bryant specifically and KCP and Kispert giving up back door cuts to G Leaguers too.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This aint Gar Heard. Gotta give Unseld more than one season. Wizards fans got no patience, for no reason.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This aint Gar Heard. Gotta give Unseld more than one season. Wizards fans got no patience, for no reason.
The way these guys talking you’d think he’s the worst ever

Rookie HCs always have issues with player egos and maybe being too scripted.

Plus he was the last HC hired so it’s not like he had a free reign on getting better assistants. It’ll be interesting to see who he brings on board this summer.