One has to go...Kubrick or Tarantino..for the Culture.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
After I saw how slick Kubrick exposed the Nasa Moon Landing in The Shining, I'm forever impressed.

Tino has to:camby:
:childplease: breh thats from a documentary and it is the stupidest shyt I have ever seen. H/o let me look for the name of the documentary and I'll show you how stupid it is, basically they look for clues that the moon landing was faked in the most random bullshyt as well as what the movie "The Shining" actually meant. None of the ideas make sense and I was mad I actually saw finished it.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
what really impresses me about kubricks legacy is his mastery of genres. he has by consensus one of the greatest sci fi films, one of the greatest comedy/satire films, one of the greatest horror films, one of the greatest world war i and vietnam war movies. thats not even mentioning mid-career works a clockwork orange and barry lyndon which are often on greatest films lists. one of the greatest visual compositional directors too.

kubrick is in a very small conversation for greatest american director.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Apart from QT having :mjpls: dialogue in his movies where it doesn't need to be, most people don't want to admit his catalogue overall is hit and miss. Yeah he hit a home run with Pulp Fiction, but some of his movies have been trash.

I'm going with Kubrick.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Different styles, different tastes. I think QT is better though. Most people can't sit through HAL, or even Clockwork Orange. I hate Eyes Wide Shut. So that really brings you to Spartacus, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket (1st half). I like Lolita too. However, without Spartacus, there's no Gladiator. And Full Metal Jacket has dialog that's A+.

Q run just goes deeper, especially with entertainment value. Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol 1, Basterds...and I haven't even touched his other works.

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps

Superstar
Daps
I can do without QT all I’ll really miss is Kill Bill, Death proof, and pulp fiction; those are the only ones I ever cared to re-watch.

I get more out of Kubrick movies.

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes I feel like post β€œDeath Proof” Quentin is the movie version of post β€œRelapse” Eminem.