One has to go...Kubrick or Tarantino..for the Culture.

Superstar
Daps
As far as stylistic directors, Christopher Nolan vs Tarantino might have been the better debate… But I already know ima choose Nolan over QT because of “The Prestige”, “interstellar”, “inception”, and the Batman Trilogy.

I guess I’m just more interested in the settings, characters, details, and plots than anything QT has. The only QT movie world lore, that captured me, was “pulp fiction” and “Kill bill”. They made me really curious about what else was going on in those settings.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kubrick overrated but ya'll gonna pretend like you watched all his movies and they were all classic

Full metal Jacket fell off after the bootcamp the actors carried that portion of the movie

Shining was good but it wasnt faithful to the novel

75% of the coli would fall asleep watching 2001

Clockwork orange is demented cac shyt

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Kubrick overrated but ya'll gonna pretend like you watched all his movies and they were all classic

Full metal Jacket fell off after the bootcamp the actors carried that portion of the movie

Shining was good but it wasnt faithful to the novel

75% of the coli would fall asleep watching 2001

Clockwork orange is demented cac shyt
I said a lot of the same points...and I like 2001 and (most) of Clockwork Orange. I have to be in a certain mood to watch Clockwork...

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
:Truth:

I like Kubrick. From a technical standpoint he might be the GOAT. But his movies don't have a lot of replay for me personally.

But im always down to rewatch Tarantino flicks

Probably because they're intense epics that are somehow both satisfying and draining.

It's like you have to take a nap or have a drink afterwards. Or go to a park and meditate on life.

No. I'm not intentionally describing sex.

They're both important filmakers for very different reasons. I have to go with getting rid of Tarantino. His disdain for Kubrick would make QT go crazy in this thread.

Then we would see if Quentin is really racist. Imagine a pissed off Tarantino dropping the n bomb at all of us.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kubrick easily. Was never in to his movies. I enjoy the majority of Quentin's movies.

Jermio

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QT easily. You can toss most of Kubrick's movies in the trash besides Clockwork.

Superstar
Daps
That’s a myth. Sure Spielberg isn’t Tarkovsky but his work is way way way more meaningful than a James Cameron ir Bay :camby:

I agree it’s meaningful as he has a way of making his most adventurous stories feel really grandiose yet warm and personal. He can switch it up from claustrophobic and terrifying to make viewers feel wonder and awe. He’s a lot more versatile than most and can put the right prices together for anything. He shares the guaranteed big money blockbuster lane with bay AND Cameron, even if he’s probably the best.

:umad:
He tells massive epic stories, that’s his thing. It’s only insulting him if you make it that way.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trust me.. You have and probably didn't realize it.

Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg
i watched this for the first time the other day. this movie sucks :dead: the script is terrible

eyes wide shut is the best kubrick movie ive seen

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QT does a lot of cheap shock value n bombs... There is always a twinge of "is this nikka trolling or is he a racist"...
Hasn't he pretty much come out and said part of it was the fact that his mom slept all around Hollywood and had a proclivity for brehs? She honestly sounds like Charlie's mom in Always Sunny :dead:

Daps
I hate to get rid of Jackie Brown. Maybe I would have to get rid of Kubrick just on that basis.

But that would mean no more Barry Lyndon...:sadcam:

I think Kubrick is the better director and Barry Lyndon specifically is the best-looking movie ever made, but I can't erase Jackie Brown. I could live without the rest of Tarantino.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I'm keeping it real, I can rewatch 95% of Tarantino's films whereas only a couple of Kubrick films I will rewatch.
I have been meaning to rewatch Eyes Wide Shut, though