One of the engines on a Boeing 737 caught fire just before takeoff

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
it's an old ass plane in general so things like that are gonna happen. it's just good they weren't in the air yet.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Umm I would refuse to do that shyt as a worker. If they fire me for not working as directed I'll sue them but no way in the world am I able to sleep at night that I even caused a 1% chance that caused a plan crash.
You’ll be able to put your great great grand chirren through college off that lawsuit

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

...ugh, we here...

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Might be time to look at airlines that use planes made by competitors like Airbus. If you want to avoid Boeing planes for your travels, here are some options I found online:

In the US
Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant are Airbus-only. JetBlue and Breeze are also Boeing-free (only Airbus and Embraer planes).

Europe
EasyJet, Wizz Air, Vueling, Eurowings. Many of the biggest European airlines (Air France, Lufthansa, etc.) only have widebody/long-range Boeing planes;

International
Most of the big Euro carriers (Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, Turkish, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic) have at least some Boeing widebodies. There are still some trans-Atlantic airlines that don't, but you may be limited in your itinerary choices:

• ⁠Most notable is Italy's ITA Airways, which is the successor to Alitalia and is Airbus-only. Convenient if you're going to Italy.
• ⁠Iberia (Spain) and TAP (Portugal) have decently sized all-Airbus fleets
• ⁠SAS (the big Scandinavian airline) and Finnair are Boeing-free
• ⁠French Bee only flies the Airbus A350, but they also only have 6 planes and only fly to LA, SF, Newark, and Miami, and only to Paris.