One of the engines on a Boeing 737 caught fire just before takeoff

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I'm always very meticulous when travelling, from checking out the best routes, flight times and yes, aircraft.

I almost always typically will opt for a wide-body vs a narrow-body jet, even if it means taking a longer route because they handle turbulence better. Will go for an airline with the better track record usually as well even if it means paying a bit extra.

Some of these newer model Airbus aircraft have never even been involved in any major incidents i.e A380, A350, A330 neo etc. Neither have some older models like their A340. I will still take newer model Boeings like the 787s for long haul flights as they have excellent track records and super advanced systems, even down to turbulence dampening. I've taken the MAX as well on Ethiopian at that, and can't like lie was a bit nervous at first, but it's probably one of the safest aircrafts in sky now after it was grounded and had all of their issues addressed. Will typically avoid the older 737s if I can. Would take the newer CRJs before I take them, even though they are smaller. All in all modern aviation travel is extremely safe and the newer aircraft models are equipped with so many redundancy systems, they basically fly themselves while they are in the air.

You can look up FlightAware if you want more details about different flights. It's a really good resource.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
This all starts to fall apart when you compare Boeing vs Airbus overall. Airfrance 447 probably wouldn't have happened if they had a yolk instead of a joystick. Let's not forget America Airlines 587 where the whole vertical stabilizer came off.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I swear in recent years stuff like this and other accidents are becoming more and more common in America

Something is going on. They either became way more lax on certain safety protocols or are letting unqualified people work more.
Is this take based on data?

Daps
Might be time to look at airlines that use planes made by competitors like Airbus. If you want to avoid Boeing planes for your travels, here are some options I found online:

In the US
Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant are Airbus-only. JetBlue and Breeze are also Boeing-free (only Airbus and Embraer planes).

Europe
EasyJet, Wizz Air, Vueling, Eurowings. Many of the biggest European airlines (Air France, Lufthansa, etc.) only have widebody/long-range Boeing planes;

International
Most of the big Euro carriers (Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, Turkish, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic) have at least some Boeing widebodies. There are still some trans-Atlantic airlines that don't, but you may be limited in your itinerary choices:

• ⁠Most notable is Italy's ITA Airways, which is the successor to Alitalia and is Airbus-only. Convenient if you're going to Italy.
• ⁠Iberia (Spain) and TAP (Portugal) have decently sized all-Airbus fleets
• ⁠SAS (the big Scandinavian airline) and Finnair are Boeing-free
• ⁠French Bee only flies the Airbus A350, but they also only have 6 planes and only fly to LA, SF, Newark, and Miami, and only to Paris.

What's the source for this info?

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Might be time to look at airlines that use planes made by competitors like Airbus. If you want to avoid Boeing planes for your travels, here are some options I found online:

In the US
Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant are Airbus-only. JetBlue and Breeze are also Boeing-free (only Airbus and Embraer planes).

Europe
EasyJet, Wizz Air, Vueling, Eurowings. Many of the biggest European airlines (Air France, Lufthansa, etc.) only have widebody/long-range Boeing planes;

International
Most of the big Euro carriers (Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, Turkish, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic) have at least some Boeing widebodies. There are still some trans-Atlantic airlines that don't, but you may be limited in your itinerary choices:

• ⁠Most notable is Italy's ITA Airways, which is the successor to Alitalia and is Airbus-only. Convenient if you're going to Italy.
• ⁠Iberia (Spain) and TAP (Portugal) have decently sized all-Airbus fleets
• ⁠SAS (the big Scandinavian airline) and Finnair are Boeing-free
• ⁠French Bee only flies the Airbus A350, but they also only have 6 planes and only fly to LA, SF, Newark, and Miami, and only to Paris.
If you really cared about safety you'd be better off to flying US carries and not worrying about aircraft types.
:manny:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s why I travel 3 buses following each other everywhere.I only flew once.Old Miami.Dolphins game and Hurricanes.Condo with my aunt and grammy.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
It ain't got nothing to do with unqualified people. The whistleblower told us they were taking parts from the trash and using dish detergent as lubricant to cut corners already lol.
You mean the guy who “died”?

Daps
step 1: fire all your c-suite engineers
step 2: replace them with finance bros
step 3: cut corners at all costs
step 4: lobby the government to further reduce your regulatory/safety costs
step 5: watch it all crash and burn (literally) and get your tv nutlickers to blame brown people (DEI)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I swear in recent years stuff like this and other accidents are becoming more and more common in America

Something is going on. They either became way more lax on certain safety protocols or are letting unqualified people work more.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps

I love how improper budget and parts dont come to your mind first. The higher ups dont come to your mind first....

Lord help us man, we are a stupid species. Trump might win.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The elephant in the room is this cut corners to maximize profits and the current state of the economy with price gouging on the back of a pandemic are the ultimate results of capitalism.

It is mathematically impossible to increase profits year over year forever without cutting corners, taking advantage workers and making backroom deals with politicians to circumvent regulations or change laws that protect the people.

*multiple edits due to the page refreshing every time I type… ugh

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Umm I would refuse to do that shyt as a worker. If they fire me for not working as directed I'll sue them but no way in the world am I able to sleep at night that I even caused a 1% chance that caused a plan crash.

I’d go the whisle blower route. Breh gonna get 30% of whatever fines Boeing ends up paying.