One of the engines on a Boeing 737 caught fire just before takeoff

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

DALLAS (AP) — Federal officials are investigating a reported engine fire that forced a Southwest Airlines plane to cancel takeoff and return to the gate at the Lubbock, Texas, airport on Thursday.
Southwest said Friday that pilots “received an indication of a possible engine issue,” and the Boeing 737 taxied back to the terminal at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport.

The Lubbock fire department said online that it confirmed there was a fire in one of the two engines that needed to be extinguished.
The Federal Aviation Administration said it was investigating the incident.

The flight was headed to Las Vegas with 154 passengers and crew of six on board, Southwest said. The airline flew in a replacement plane from Dallas to complete the trip later Thursday night.
The plane was a Boeing 737-800, an older model than the 737 Max. The engines are made by CFM International, a joint venture between General Electric and France’s Safran S.A.

I know you nikkas ain’t read this so I did, it’s a older 737-800… so it’s most likely southwest maintenance responsible instead of a manufacturing defect like on the new 737 max

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
If you want to understand why the quality at Boeing has deteriorated, read this:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
People hired to maintain these planes are not doing their jobs and prolly still getting paid at least twice as much as people who are forced to work hard just to live check to check. shyt is disgusting and disrespectful

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I love how improper budget and parts dont come to your mind first. The higher ups dont come to your mind first....

Lord help us man, we are a stupid species. Trump might win.
might?

i already gave up on these morons and the monkeys running this fukkshyt.. i only care about the money at this point. this level of stupidity is unfixable.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
People hired to maintain these planes are not doing their jobs and prolly still getting paid at least twice as much as people who are forced to work hard just to live check to check. shyt is disgusting and disrespectful

It's probably more about these planes are on a schedule and they are rushed to check out maintenance on all these planes in between routes, until it finally comes up for a routine maintenance in the system.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
A5cMONNFFwPgA.webp
:francis:

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Umm I would refuse to do that shyt as a worker. If they fire me for not working as directed I'll sue them but no way in the world am I able to sleep at night that I even caused a 1% chance that caused a plan crash.
Try to sue them and they'd kill you

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
might?

i already gave up on these morons and the monkeys running this fukkshyt.. i only care about the money at this point. this level of stupidity is unfixable.
Eh I say might because people arent going to be paying attention until late summer. And I still believe that the more Trump is seen, the worse it will get for him by non maga voters that arent paying attention yet. You already see the polls moving in bidens favor as time goes on. And the debates wont be good for him either, it'll dismantle the dementia narrative just as the state of the union did.

But right wingers are doing a good job of controlling the digital space, it makes it seem like they are everywhere. I just worry that most humans just arent...advanced enough enough in their sense of sociology and psychology to not fall for the false equivalences, gaslighting, and lie marketing that the right is doing to make it seem like things are sooo bad right now. Abd that a Trump comeback story is "enticing" and more exciting.

And white people....they scare me, this is really all their fault. They know exactly why they want Trump.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I swear in recent years stuff like this and other accidents are becoming more and more common in America

Something is going on. They either became way more lax on certain safety protocols or are letting unqualified people work more.
Trump lowered quality control standards with deregulation and airfare industry regulates itself.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I swear in recent years stuff like this and other accidents are becoming more and more common in America

Something is going on. They either became way more lax on certain safety protocols or are letting unqualified people work more.

If you watched the Boeing documentary you knew this was coming. They've been putting money over quality for years

AAAABT3aEQlM0HiBaCQGCElNaAua8_Jh_SEfOuEQhshw7mxsX_abjsi17V-vSTaiRPOZEiS9fW5PZRUibrbtwAFvyCciB9MmXc4M_W52KUbjL0MHuUF5qi08yRwVEQWcdSZkCrsQCQ.jpg

Please watch it!

None of this is shocking. They've been cutting corners for years. Now we're seeing the effects