One thing I don't like about the Marvel movies is the lame humor

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But the Civil War they put on screen started out somewhat "serious" and then in the middle of the movie it turns into another open mic night with the one liners. Why? Because Marvel stans don't have the ability to sit through a well constructed drama? They don't possess those life skills?

:manny:
Comic book movies are action movies not dramas. :what:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:russ: i always forget that shyt. Also Civl War 2's impetus was someone being blown out of the sky and dying.

And of course as a spidey fan, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Gwen Stacy. But maybe a psychopath throwing a woman off a bridge to kill her is for kids:lupe:
Rape, alcoholism, racism, sexism there isn't much that comics have not touched upon. It's kind of why I don't get this insistence on "fun". I'm definitely intrigued when I'm reading comics, I enjoy reading comics, but I don't necessarily always have fun reading comics. Like, I've read most of The Walking Dead: that shyt isn't fun:mjcry: It's pretty fukked up, honestly. But it's enjoyable. But like I said in my first post, this is Disney. If you took Marvel Studios and had them as a subsidiary of Universal or even Paramount, the team would have a lot more leeway to try different things. But Disney does have the bread for that CGI:wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Heat was a drama and has the best action sequence of any movie ever. The Dark Knight was a crime drama. Daredevil is a drama series on Netflix. You have no idea what you're talking about. CBM don't have to have one liners all over the place.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige Confirms It's A Political Thriller

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige Confirms It's A Political Thriller

THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige Confirms It's A Political Thriller

Kevin Feige Confirms It's A Political Thriller

It's A Political Thriller

Political Thriller

:mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Aight man.... lets dead this.

We get it... a FEW of yall dont like Marvel movies.

Its accepted:francis:

Maybe yall should just stop watching the movies cause clearly you dont even like the characters or know who they are:beli:

I will say this,

No Marvel guy is asking for anyone to be banned
No Marvel guy is taking any cheap shots at yall or trying to escalate this to another level
No Marvel guy is bytching and moaning

Hopefully yall will be just as good of sport when that anti DC thread is made:yeshrug:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Heat was a drama and has the best action sequence of any movie ever. The Dark Knight was a crime drama. Daredevil is a drama series on Netflix. You have no idea what you're talking about. CBM don't have to have one liners all over the place.
Oh OK, I think Marvel stans watched Daredevil so we can sit through a drama. Thanks for correcting yourself. Foggy told a lot of jokes in it to. lol

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Oh OK, I think Marvel stans watched Daredevil so we can sit through a drama. Thanks for correcting yourself. Foggy told a lot of jokes in it to. lol

Its interesting when they want to acknowledge the TV shows or not. An ep of Supergirl and Legends has more jokes in 20 mins than AoO but it seems taboo to discuss that.

Agents of Shield has been everything that DC stans claim they want a show to be but no one mentions that.... hell I cant recall when the last time they even had a joke on that show since it got soooooo "dark" in comparison to the 1st season.

I always hear "bu bu but that Marvel Humor" but cats try to pretend there is no DC Humor

Martha

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Oh you took me off ignore?! Thanks buddy, it means a lot. lol

But on topic, Feige can say what he wants but you couldn't have a comic book movie without action while you can have it without drama elements.
I never had you on ignore, breh. I just tend to subconsciously ignore you is all:yeshrug:

To the point though, Fiege didn't say anything about having a comic book movie without action. He said Winter Soldier was a political thriller. Even more comical than that, he claimed the first Captain America was a "World War 2 picture". Having action in a movie does not make a movie an action movie. Every comic book movie has had drama elements, btw:mjgrin:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I never had you on ignore, breh. I just tend to subconsciously ignore you is all:yeshrug:

To the point though, Fiege didn't say anything about having a comic book movie without action. He said Winter Soldier was a political thriller. Even more comical than that, he claimed the first Captain America was a "World War 2 picture". Having action in a movie does not make a movie an action movie. Every comic book movie has had drama elements, btw:mjgrin:
Your boy Marty McFly says different. So one of you is lying. :manny:
Why would he? What Marvel movie doesn't have action? And if his framing of these movies is comical I think that strengthens my point. They're all action movies.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: :mjlol::mjlol:

at "all I see is Fast series printing money...."

All the 8 Fast series combined worldwide made $4804.5B:ehh:, the first 8 Marvel movies made $8102.2B:wow:

If Fast is printing money then you cant even define what Marvel is doing...... since we want to talk about Money now:sas2:

Marth

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Civil War was nearly completely serious in the comics. It was a political drama basically. A terror attack followed by legislation that ended up shaping and altering the entire universe. Is that what we got in the movie? No. It's not. The movie was okay and it started off really well but then it turned into generic one liner BS.
Maybe y'all should just read the comics then if you want an exact play by play :hhh:

the whining about the "comedy" in marvel could be taken seriously if the same criticism was leveled at the amateur hour that was suicide squad or the cheesy tv shows for instance.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:mjlol: :mjlol::mjlol:

at "all I see is Fast series printing money...."

All the 8 Fast series combined worldwide made $4804.5B:ehh:, the first 8 Marvel movies made $8102.2B:wow:

If Fast is printing money then you cant even define what Marvel is doing...... since we want to talk about Money now:sas2:

Marth
Tryna act like we worried bout money when D list characters like ant man breakin records:marvelpachaha: these dudes hilarious

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin