One thing I don't like about the Marvel movies is the lame humor

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm assuming @MartyMcFly assumed you were one of the dudes I had on ignore, cause I never named who I have on ignore but have said it was nikkas that went overboard with the stan shyt while brining nothing else of note to any other discussions. Trust me, I've already forgotten the cats I've put on ignore and I certainly wouldn't un-ignore someone.

The framing of the movies being comical is me saying they did a bad job at what they were going for. If the dude actually making the movie says the movie is a certain thing, who are either one of us to tell him he's wrong? I can name a bunch of comic book films that aren't action movies. I think you guys underestimate just how many movies are comic adaptations. Spawn could easily fall under the horror genre. Watchmen is not an action movie. Road to Perdition...you see where I'm going here. Superhero film is a genre, but then you have a movie like Unbreakable, which again, is not action.

Like I said in my very first post in here, Marvel movies are what they are. I'm not mad at it. With that said, comics and manga aren't solely childish stories. A History of Violence was a graphic novel before it was adapted to a movie that ended up getting rave reviews and Oscar nominations. Akira isn't for kids. Same for Oldboy. So people aren't being unreasonable to expect great things from comic book movies. Just because Marvel is one way does not mean everything else has to be that way. Yet I have to hear complaints about other movies being "humorless" and not "fun". I'm an adult, I can handle serious stuff.

So now the argument is nobody criticizes anything DC does?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Suicide Squad sucked, btw
Why assume? You could just ask him since you are discussing ignore lists and things like that. lol And in a few clicks you can find out who you have on ignore so need to pretend you forgot. No one is expecting you to commit to memory.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying to, he did a bad job on whatever he was going for. They all come off as Action movies despite his intentions. Which is fine cause I enjoy them.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Love marvel but I agree to a degree, it's really more bout timing n how it fits into the film. Then another thing is a good portion isn't really funny or cac/child humour. But like we sayin it's a comic book adaptation expect some humour and get over it (i hate dat gotg dance scene, I understand why it was used comedicly n strategically, tho why a person with a infinity stone wld even give a fukk n stop was weird). Oh and every hero doesn't need to be quippy

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
8RpeTTx.png

"Come on lets sweat!! Bay-Baaaaaaaay!!
Let the music take control... Let the rhythm move yooooou!!"
:banderas:
2fCSzto.gif

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
nikkas really complaining about quips in a comic book movie? :dahell:

I agree that some of the lines in these movies can be cringeworthy, but so is some of the hate in this thread.

Lol @ not wanting Spider-Man to crack jokes in the airport fight in Civil War.

Just watch your Scorcese films and call it day brehs. This obviously ain't for ya'll.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I agree that some of the lines in these movies can be cringeworthy, but so is some of the hate in this thread.

Lol @ not wanting Spider-Man to crack jokes in the airport fight in Civil War.

Just watch your Scorcese films and call it day brehs. This obviously ain't for ya'll.
I guess u didn't see wolf of wall street which had more jokes than all these comic movies combined and then some. :manny:

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
Have you read comic books before?:dwillhuh:

I'll put it this way, the Civil War comic book event that the movie is based off of starts off with a school being blown up and hundreds of children dying. I mean, that's kinda serious, I guess:hubie:
But it's still dudes dressed in tights and capes flying around fighting monsters. If more serious stories and situations come about that's great...but when a story involves more jokes and goofyness I don't know how you be so outraged. And people on their high horse like @Prodigal Syndicate with the "I like men in tights and capes movies without the jokes, so I'm more intelligent than those that like the men in tights and capes movies with jokes" need to :camby:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
But it's still dudes dressed in tights and capes flying around fighting monsters. If more serious stories and situations come about that's great...but when a story involves more jokes and goofyness I don't know how you be so outraged. And people on their high horse like @Prodigal Syndicate with the "I like men in tights and capes movies without the jokes, so I'm more intelligent than those that like the men in tights and capes movies with jokes" need to :camby:
Why haven't they quipped. This isn't fun. I need a movie to be fun. Everybody knows comic book films have to be fun.

y83znOl.png

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Oh and I've already spoken on the difference and what kind of humour I like.

I.like humour that feels natural. Coming from improvising,cast chemistry or at least feels like it does.

Like tyrese in the ff films. A lot of it is improvised and you can tell

Where as Disney humour feels like writers struggling to cram jokes in to make sure everybody knows the film is supposed to be fun.

And that's exactly what they do. They have comedy writers go over final drafts to add more jokes. And it's obvious because of how corny and contrived the humour is.

I don't mind humour at all. When it's done right. Marvel humour is for plebs

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
He who wears the crown right.

Cant keep telling everybody how these movies the best, how they run the game, ain't no comp, or w/e cause when they fukk up, its amplified by 10. Same shyt happened to The Dark Knight series where the third is considered a shytty movie on some Batman & Robin level bad when it was probably ok at worst. But it had the crown at the time so people expected more from it. When the goofy shyt don't fit, it looks bad. Antman was filled with comedy, nobody complains about that cause it fit the overall theme. But when you baiting and switching people like they did for IM3 and having a fake Mandarin do a bit John Witherspoon killed almost 20 years ago or having Katt Dennings making a comedy special during Thor 2, they deserve the complaints. People keep saying they supposed to be the Bron of this movie shyt . Don't tell me everybody else flopping (forcing in jokes) in the league (movies) and college (tv), so they should be able too also and people are just nitpicking. Nah, if they really on a tier above every other franchise, they should be trying to do some next level shyt, not trying to come down to the comp that isn't allegedly on their level and who gets shytted on nor gets a pass for it when they do it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The guys that generalize and talk about ALL the so called MARVEL JOKES in one big bundle obviously dont watch ALL the DC stuff to see the DC JOKES.

How long are we gonna sit here and pretend only Nolan movies, SR, BvS, and SS exist?

How do these DC stans acknowledge Agents, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, IronFist but ignore Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Gotham and POWERLESS?

How do they shyt on say the Avengers cartoon but ignore Teen Titans?

shyt dont make sense man.

If in Civil War at the end in captivity if Falcon would've "asked for BET" or flying together in the heat of battle Ironman says to Rhodey "whats up cuz" the littlest shyt like that wouldve been ridiculed to the worst degree.

Martha

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
The guys that generalize and talk about ALL the so called MARVEL JOKES in one big bundle obviously dont watch ALL the DC stuff to see the DC JOKES.

How long are we gonna sit here and pretend only Nolan movies, SR, BvS, and SS exist?

How do these DC stans acknowledge Agents, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, IronFist but ignore Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Gotham and POWERLESS?

How do they shyt on say the Avengers cartoon but ignore Teen Titans?

shyt dont make sense man.

If in Civil War at the end in captivity if Falcon would've "asked for BET" or flying together in the heat of battle Ironman says to Rhodey "whats up cuz" the littlest shyt like that wouldve been ridiculed to the worst degree.

Martha

So you can admit the shyt is bad on one side, but give it a pass on the other.

Who is giving DC tv shows a pass? I'm in those threads weekly and people complain all the time about shyt they don't like on that show.

Who ignores Teen Titans? shyt was immediately panned once Young Justice was replaced by it and it still pretty much gets shyt to this day.

Who cosigning Killer Croc joke? shyt was cringe worthy and it pretty much gets shyt on like it should.

Are Marvel the Jordan of this shyt or are they Harold Minor cause if their comp is Suicide Squad, Powerless, and Teen Titan Go then maybe they do have some flaws that can be discussed especially if they doing the same goofy shyt?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Why assume? You could just ask him since you are discussing ignore lists and things like that. lol And in a few clicks you can find out who you have on ignore so need to pretend you forgot. No one is expecting you to commit to memory.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying to, he did a bad job on whatever he was going for. They all come off as Action movies despite his intentions. Which is fine cause I enjoy them.
I didn't assume; I never said who I had on ignore. I'm not delusional enough to think anyone would care. When was I discussing ignore lists when YOU said I took you off ignore?:gucci:YOU brought that shyt up:gucci: Why would I know how to find out who I have on ignore? That would defeat the purpose of ignoring them.

No one is saying comic book movies have to be a certain way. Obviously a graphic novel like the watchmen being depicted in a marvel way would be worthy of a side eye. Iron man being depicted as he currently is, is not. The criticism about the universe is flimsy because this is how they want the cinematic universe to be. It's going to have it's own tone, just how the Netflix series have their tone and as of yet they don't want the two mixed. If marvel threw the punisher into the next movie and had him doing a "dance off" then yes the criticism would be valid. As of now it's just another of a long string of sour grapes that isn't applied to any other studio but marvel.

And on D.C. I think we both know the criticism from some on here is vastly different when it comes to D.C. productions to marvels. How are we supposed to take opinions seriously when the bar is lower for certain studios and the nit picking goes into overdrive for marvel.

The criticism about the universe isn't flimsy when the people nitpicking are nitpicking about things that are based on the source material. If nitpicking on the source material is unjustified than it's unjustified when people complain that Superman isn't the beacon of hope/boy scout he is in the comics. When nikkas complain that Batman is "killing" in BvsS you should be the first one there defending it since such faithfulness to the comics is ridiculous in your opinion. You should be the first one telling these geeks to shut the fukk up when it comes to them complaining that Dark Phoenix wasn't done right, or that they hate this version of the Fantastic Four. After all, that criticism about the universe is flimsy because this is how they want the cinematic universe to be:ohhh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn't assume; I never said who I had on ignore. I'm not delusional enough to think anyone would care. When was I discussing ignore lists when YOU said I took you off ignore?:gucci:YOU brought that shyt up:gucci: Why would I know how to find out who I have on ignore? That would defeat the purpose of ignoring them.

The criticism about the universe isn't flimsy when the people nitpicking are nitpicking about things that are based on the source material. If nitpicking on the source material is unjustified than it's unjustified when people complain that Superman isn't the beacon of hope/boy scout he is in the comics. When nikkas complain that Batman is "killing" in BvsS you should be the first one there defending it since such faithfulness to the comics is ridiculous in your opinion. You should be the first one telling these geeks to shut the fukk up when it comes to them complaining that Dark Phoenix wasn't done right, or that they hate this version of the Fantastic Four. After all, that criticism about the universe is flimsy because this is how they want the cinematic universe to be:ohhh:
Your last post I quoted, You said you 'assume @MartyMcFly was assuming blah blah blah' look back.
And if you know how to put people on ignore, there must be an interface where they list who you have on ignore that you could read? That's how the feature would have to function. If you are afraid or have no desire to look at it that's something different.