Overpaid Federal Employees

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
These are people who decide "one's value". They take a larger chunk of the pie. They often get rewarded when they fail.

But anyway, don't ignore this:

info-poverty0608-hhold-MD.gif

Median household income adjusted for inflation. It went up $11,000 in ~40 years.

Take into account that price for food, education, housing, and so on increased much more than that in this timeframe. Also don't forget to take into account that income during the early years were often one parent income, as opposed to the two parent income we have now.

$11,000 year raise over 4 decades, and most of that is achieved by having a second parent work.

Ignore facts brehs.

Still waiting for a proper response to this, with data and sources.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I quit the job the second I could you fukking dope... and I did so because I couldn't stand paying federal tax dollars to federal employees like me, of which there were many. The only difference is I wanted to do more, while they enjoyed doing less for more.

Maybe I shouldn't extrapolate my years of federal government service in two different agencies though, seeing firsthand how the lumbering federal bureaucracy works, while you have a clue because you're a contractor who works with federal employees.

:mjlol:

Let's also not talk about how our wasteful piece of shyt government sets budgets for certain groups and when those groups aren't using their allotted money, they find all sorts of creative ways to use it, so the budget isn't cut the next fiscal year.

:sas1:

And let's pretend like there can only be one enemy... you can hate destructive corporate greed and wasteful government spending. But keep protecting that tax payer funded waste.

:sas2:

Of course the government can be generous. They have a never ending supply of money called the American taxpayers and no matter how incompetent or wasteful they are that money supply will never come to an end.

Miss me with the bullshyt stereotypes of lazy government employees and hard working private sector employees. I've been working in consulting for 12 years. Five years in the private sector seven years in the federal sector. I've seen incompetence and mismanagement at both sectors. I've also seen competence and extremely hard working employees at both.

The fundamental question private workers should be asking is what happened to our share of the productivity gains we have made over the last 30 years? Why at a time when American worker productivity is at an all time high, have wages remained stagnant over a thirty year period and who is the culprit? Bashing government workers is not going to do jack shyt to improve wages in the private sector.

American workers have been beaten in to submission but most are just happy to have work at crappy pay than to push for a more equitable distribution of the very wealth they are working so hard to produce.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Did you give the money back for not working? I didn't read where you said you did.

You're trying to engage in a game of semantics, so this conversation is a waste of time. We obviously view the definition of "taking advantage of" differently. I never actively sought out to exploit any system for my own personal gain. I didn't sign up for a government job because I knew it was easy money for doing nothing. I also didn't say I never worked. I said much of the time, I wasn't working through no fault of my own.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You're trying to engage in a game of semantics, so this conversation is a waste of time. We obviously view the definition of "taking advantage of" differently. I never actively sought out to exploit any system for my own personal gain. I didn't sign up for a government job because I knew it was easy money for doing nothing. I also didn't say I never worked. I said much of the time, I wasn't working through no fault of my own.

That's all good, but I am asking you if you gave the money back when you admitted you didn't earn it?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Stupid argument.

He's no different than someone who commits welfare fraud to me. Maybe he committed fraud with a nice suit on like Rick Scott so he thinks he's different than someone committing food stamp fraud, but in actuality he's worse.

He could have easily given the money back. He clearly admitted that he didn't do anything to earn it several times.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
He's no different than someone who commits welfare fraud to me. Maybe he committed fraud with a nice suit on like Rick Scott so he thinks he's different than someone committing food stamp fraud, but in actuality he's worse.

He could have easily given the money back. He clearly admitted that he didn't do anything to earn it several times.

You really are an insufferable jackass.

:dahell:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You really are an insufferable jackass.

:dahell:

Breh, I'm just pointing out that the things you are complaining about came at your direct benefit for a portion of your life. You could have easily quit as soon as you saw what was going on. You could have written a letter or brought your concerns to someone (you didn't because you liked the welfare). You could have gave the money back.

Instead, you did what you are in here railing against. At least have the integrity to admit it.

You're a welfare queen.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I'm just pointing out that the things you are complaining about came at your direct benefit for a portion of your life. You could have easily quit as soon as you saw what was going on. You could have written a letter or brought your concerns to someone (you didn't because you liked the welfare). You could have gave the money back.

Instead, you did what you are in here railing against. At least have the integrity to admit it.

You're a welfare queen.

When you are moved and trained, you are often bound to a time commitment, which I satisfied and then left immediately thereafter. And I did bring my concerns to the attention of supervisors, which were met with extreme resistance.

But don't let facts get in the way of your assumptions for the sake of your argument.

:whoa:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I've been here a month now and I can already see why this place is ass backwards. My first electric bill had a $40 credit and as I read on, I learned twice a year this happens as part of a climate change program that encourages customers to use those credits to increase energy efficiency, but doesn't have to spent on energy efficient items.

With the $40 credit have you or do you plan on increasing energy efficiency? Or are you part of the problem you're decrying?

Of course I'm part of the problem

I rent, so fukk I look like improving someone else's place?

:heh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Maybe the real problem is that the private sector should be paying their rank and file more money. :sas2:

But of course the average American idiot is a crab trying to pull someone DOWN to their level. That's what this nation has been reduced to.

The lack of Unions and Government jobs will be the death of the middle class.