PAWGS at Santa Barbara Yoga Studio Gives Out Do-Rags at 'Ghetto Fabulous' Class

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I really try my best to ignore white people and their general lack of self awareness, but this is just disappointing. This is why you can't trust or be friends with white people. :snoop: They will literally do this in front of your face and then claim they weren't referring to you because "you're not like them".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have to stop thinking of ghetto as synonymous with black. You see white chicks these days rocking all the same shyt in that photo on a regular, so spare the bullshyt. I see just as many black people in polos, dress shirts and casual attire than in "ghetto" clothing. nikkas be ethering themselves and don't even know it. :snoop: This photo or the little event they had doesn't bother me one bit because I think alot higher of black people then some of you do.

:heh:

Shut the fukk up. The people associating "ghetto" with "black" are cacs. That's what we're responding to. Stop :cape: for these devils.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
wait...where did they mention black people?
Have yall been around trailer park white people? they look exactly what they are mimicking.
heavy lip liner is a black thing? I thought that was a Mexican thing.

Is this making fun of black people, or poor people?

Seems more corny than racist.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
wait...where did they mention black people?
Have yall been around trailer park white people? they look exactly what they are mimicking.
heavy lip liner is a black thing? I thought that was a Mexican thing.

Is this making fun of black people, or poor people?

Seems more corny than racist.

Head in the sand much?

Doo rags, I saw a couple basketball jerseys in there, foil on the teeth to make a "grill", sagging....come on now.:stopitslime:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
This is what typical white women look like :
MGeen5w.jpg

But some c00ns look at the above picture and see this instead :
PvZbWy4.jpg

Stop putting these whores on a pedestal.

It's so c00nmonic, friends.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to beat a dead horse but here is a link to her blog where she posted a 2000 word non-apology.
http://www.adriennehengels.blogspot.com/

It's a bunch of self-righteous drivel that only succeeds in showing exactly how much she doesn't get it. I'll spare you the quotes but there's a lot of talk about God using this as an opportunity for blah blah and she's gonna do something in the Congo and something about how she feels poor because she can't afford a 500k dollar house in Santa Barbara. And these 'attacks' that she's received this past week are somehow equivalent to 9/11 and Syria.

It seems like when this kinda stuff happens half of the time the offending party just has absolutely no idea what they've done. She holds no context as to why stopping short of burnt cork on her face could be considered offensive to anyone. I'm not on the 'all white people think like this' bandwagon but stuff like this does illustrate that there is a very real disconnect between black and white in this country. You almost can't blame her for living with her head in the clouds. It must be nice to live in hippie-yoga-cultural appropriation-Whole Foods-Santa Barbara land where nothing is ever wrong and any bad vibes are no different than a war that has killed tens of thousands of people. A lot of times I'd like to think this stuff is done maliciously because then it's clear cut. Truth is she and a lot of others are just unable or unwilling to 'get it.' She's just out of touch.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I think an insult is an insult. You don't think they aren't grinning extra hard at that token black girl, and making little slick comments here and there? When do you draw the line and check their ass for being disrespectful?
Why we're so scared to check white people, I don't know.............

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Is that a sista on the right? Could be Indian. I hope she's Indian cuz :usure:

I can't definitely say whether she is either.

The one in the white top could be a dark Indian.

The one in the burgundy looks Asian...Blasian possibly.

Just wondering what could make a YOGA class do this? Isn't Yoga about transcendence?