PAWGS at Santa Barbara Yoga Studio Gives Out Do-Rags at 'Ghetto Fabulous' Class

JLova

Veteran
Daps
The thing is, white people say "ghetto" as code for black. So while you don't identify with it, it's still a slight against you because they're really saying "let's dress/act black".

Bingo. Anytime I hear "That's ghetto" from a white person, they might as well drop the N word. It's a phrase that is said so often that it is now common place in every day speech.

It should be frowned upon just like "That's gay" is frowned upon now.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Not to beat a dead horse but here is a link to her blog where she posted a 2000 word non-apology.
http://www.adriennehengels.blogspot.com/

It's a bunch of self-righteous drivel that only succeeds in showing exactly how much she doesn't get it. I'll spare you the quotes but there's a lot of talk about God using this as an opportunity for blah blah and she's gonna do something in the Congo and something about how she feels poor because she can't afford a 500k dollar house in Santa Barbara. And these 'attacks' that she's received this past week are somehow equivalent to 9/11 and Syria.

It seems like when this kinda stuff happens half of the time the offending party just has absolutely no idea what they've done. She holds no context as to why stopping short of burnt cork on her face could be considered offensive to anyone. I'm not on the 'all white people think like this' bandwagon but stuff like this does illustrate that there is a very real disconnect between black and white in this country. You almost can't blame her for living with her head in the clouds. It must be nice to live in hippie-yoga-cultural appropriation-Whole Foods-Santa Barbara land where nothing is ever wrong and any bad vibes are no different than a war that has killed tens of thousands of people. A lot of times I'd like to think this stuff is done maliciously because then it's clear cut. Truth is she and a lot of others are just unable or unwilling to 'get it.' She's just out of touch.

That's why they need to be taught a REAL lesson:shaq:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
its thesame with the miley cyrus and justin bieber ish

"stop acting so ghetto(black)"

thats how many white people view you as, and if your smart eloquent having your stuff together they view you as "whitewash" or how your a good negro

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
my life *sobs*

my life to, i grew up upper middle class, private schools, high schools being like the only black person etc., and because I never talked in "slang", didn't wear baggy clothes, didn't club , drink, blaze weed, curse (not saying there is anything wrong with doing that) but I was labelled as white wash, or i don't usually date black guys but i'd date you

Daps
my life to, i grew up upper middle class, private schools, high schools being like the only black person etc., and because I never talked in "slang", didn't wear baggy clothes, didn't club , drink, blaze weed, curse (not saying there is anything wrong with doing that) but I was labelled as white wash, or i don't usually date black guys but i'd date you

"Montpelier, you're so white"
"Huh"
"If I didn't look at you I'd think you're white"
":shaq2:"

or

"You're my only black friend"
"Oh"
"Yeah, you're not like black black"

It also sucked because a lot of the black people that were in HS or friends with my sister thought I was stuck up/snobby/an oreo because of how I was. I got it bad on both sides. C'est la vie.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
"Montpelier, you're so white"
"Huh"
"If I didn't look at you I'd think you're white"
":shaq2:"

or

"You're my only black friend"
"Oh"
"Yeah, you're not like black black"

It also sucked because a lot of the black people that were in HS or friends with my sister thought I was stuck up/snobby/an oreo because of how I was. I got it bad on both sides. C'est la vie.

yep because your not "what they expect", your not what the media has portrayed you as, some loud mouth aggressive independent woman.

The same for a black man if your not overly aggressive, loud, with a "black voice" , listening to rap, aggressive sexual, only caring about fashion, not responsible, you are "wow your not so bad" :childplease:

Daps
yep because your not "what they expect", your not what the media has portrayed you as, some loud mouth aggressive independent woman.

The same for a black man if your not overly aggressive, loud, with a "black voice" , listening to rap, aggressive sexual, only caring about fashion, not responsible, you are "wow your not so bad" :childplease:

I bet you if I was regular ol' black person that fit the stereotype, they wouldn't be my friends. That's the sad part lol.

Daps
pretty much

your just their token black friend:smile:

And that's why I made my circle much smaller and most of them are my facebook friends. I finally saw the light as I got older. I should've known they ain't shyt when in kindergarden a group of kids said I couldn't play with them because I'm black :smh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
And that's why I made my circle much smaller and most of them are my facebook friends. I finally saw the light as I got older. I should've known they ain't shyt when in kindergarden a group of kids said I couldn't play with them because I'm black :smh:

so did I, most of the folks I hanged around I stopped, dudes would drop nikka around me and use the I'm not racist ish.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
original.gif
:laff:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Potential facebook post even though it'd mean exposing myself to the coli wolves:lupe:

As one of Adrienne's three black friends I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that she's not a racist. This is all a big misunderstanding and YOU are all racist for thinking SHE is racist.
I've known her for 7 months. We met at an art gallery when she asked me what the hell I was doing there. It was nice to have someone say hi since I was the only brother there and folks normally aren't as friendly. When I told her I enjoyed early impressionist work, she complimented me on how well I spoke. Ahhh, the beginning of a new friendship.
We speak regularly and she's even invited me over to her house! Now what racist would invite black people over to their house? I had to stay outside though, she said the smell of cocoa butter makes her sick. And she giggled something about monkeys on her porch which struck me as odd. Anyways she's a fine companion! Even told me I don't act like the rest of 'them'. She always says the nicest things.
Listen, why don't you racist blacks and everyone just calm down? If you don't want white people dressing up like this or saying 'nikka' (which I totally told her was cool) then why don't you stop it, huh? Slavery and racism is over and you are racist for remembering it.
So what if she replaced the traditional 'Ommmm' to 'nappyheadedhooooooooooooooooooooooommmm' for one class? So what? Then they all asked me to teach them how to C-Walk afterwards.
Sincerely, one of Adrienne's 3 black friends. She said that's enough so don't try to be her friend if you're a darkie.

Thoughts? Anything I should add?
:russ: