"PED Fiends Chasing That Free Smoke" Spence vs Peterson 1/20 SHOWTIME Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you cant cut a ring both ways. nobody, not even the newest boxing boogeyman, can cut a ring both ways. you can cut a ring this way, or that way, but not every which way.

SaXiR9l.gif

i know you think so, but spence is not so good he can cut off everywhere in a ring.

he actually can go both ways. he had a lot of room. i know you cant see it. but just trust me. he was backing up onto the ropes and into corners a lot not just for spence but for golovkin. what a sin. then everybody said nobody can cut the ring better than golovkin. they said you cant breathe in the same ring with this guy. then golovkin fought jacobs. they said nobody can cut the ring better than julio cesar chavez. then chavez fought whitaker. maybe every era needs to have a boogeyman.

once a gain he is following rigondeux, not cutting him off

GGG didn't start to cut the ring off against Brook until Brook hurt him with some shots and he got serious, then he cut the ring off and started fukking him up

Jacobs length is what kept GGG away and he was afraid of his power

the Canelo fight would be a better example, be boxed beautiful for me and was able to get away from GGG whenever he wanted, but when GGG focused on cutting him off he did, he got frustrated a lot and was just following him at time

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
once a gain he is following rigondeux, not cutting him off

GGG didn't start to cut the ring off against Brook until Brook hurt him with some shots and he got serious, then he cut the ring off and started fukking him up

Jacobs length is what kept GGG away and he was afraid of his power

the Canelo fight would be a better example, be boxed beautiful for me and was able to get away from GGG whenever he wanted, but when GGG focused on cutting him off he did, he got frustrated a lot and was just following him at time
i think you play a game. you try to see how many wrong things you can say and get away with. you must convince a lot of these guys. you wont ever convince me.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Finally saw this. Peterson was outgunned here. His payday must have been solid for him to drop is belt and challenge a guy that’s a stylistic nightmare.

I’m with the crowd that Spence needs to improve his defense. I want to see him have a long career.
1st thing I said when I watched the fight highlights

Needs to improve his defense and counterpunching

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
i think you play a game. you try to see how many wrong things you can say and get away with. you must convince a lot of these guys. you wont ever convince me.

It's how he got the WOAT tag breh.

fukk all that tho what did you think of PED lack of hand fighting against Spence? I think that's one of the big reasons Brook was able to land his jab more than you see on Spence he hand fought very well. I think Spence is so big and strong nikkas think of shelling up the minute shyt gets hot. I think the guy to beat Spence needs to be good at hand fighting and good and landing the over hand right but looping it similar to shot Shane hurt Floyd w.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Well yea but if he's planning on hopping up to 154 and eventually 160 that defense is gonna need sum fine tuning b4 he gets thumped

He does more than hold his own w the Charlos I don't think it'll be a problem them nikkas have said the hardest they been hit is by him :picard: n if it is a problem he'll learn the hardway :heh:

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
It won't be one time, it won't be Crawford, it won't be manny

Ab?

I have no idea

I say he moves up to 154 for one fight. He'll have nobody at 147 in the mean time. He did say he just wants to be active.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
fukk all that tho what did you think of PED lack of hand fighting against Spence? I think that's one of the big reasons Brook was able to land his jab more than you see on Spence he hand fought very well. I think Spence is so big and strong nikkas think of shelling up the minute shyt gets hot.

spence does everything from the jab. jab jab add on more punches.

1MGiKnT.gif

youre right. you take away the jab you take away the rest.

to take it away, you'd have to counter it, or extend your jab to fill up the space where he can jab. peterson just covered up. so spence got to do whatever he wanted to do.

i think you can steal spence coming in.

up top to the head

LtG2v0Q.gif

down to the body

r0yVqGp.gif

I think the guy to beat Spence needs to be good at hand fighting and good and landing the over hand right but looping it similar to shot Shane hurt Floyd w.

and a check hook over a jab.

kCOa1u3.gif

try and get spence to run into it.

gB8RflA.gif

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
spence does everything from the jab. jab jab add on more punches.

1MGiKnT.gif

youre right. you take away the jab you take away the rest.

to take it away, you'd have to counter it, or extend your jab to fill up the space where he can jab. peterson just covered up. so spence got to do whatever he wanted to do.

I need to rewatch the fight fully looking at some highlights and you're right

D3vJ3mB.gif

D3vJ3mB.gif

I know everyone has a different school of thinking but I was taught always leave your left hand out a lil more than normal against a southpaw because that is either enough to parry their jab or come over the top of their jab and vice versa for a southpaw, that lead hand fighting makes it easier to steal a shot from your power hand.

i think you can steal spence coming in.

up top to the head

LtG2v0Q.gif

down to the body

r0yVqGp.gif

and a check hook over a jab.

kCOa1u3.gif

try and get spence to run into it.

gB8RflA.gif

you're right about the stealing and turning Brook did both

1iD7lL1.gif

LJj7okQ.gif

eventual beatdown aside Brook did a lot of things well in that fight n might have low key showed a few weaknesses. Now are those weakness any current 147lber can exploit is the issue :francis: I don't see it but crazier things have happened.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

D3vJ3mB.gif

D3vJ3mB.gif

I know everyone has a different school of thinking but I was taught always leave your left hand out a lil more than normal against a southpaw because that is either enough to parry their jab or come over the top of their jab and vice versa for a southpaw, that lead hand fighting makes it easier to steal a shot from your power hand.

1iD7lL1.gif

LJj7okQ.gif

eventual beatdown aside Brook did a lot of things well in that fight n might have low key showed a few weaknesses. Now are those weakness any current 147lber can exploit is the issue :francis: I don't see it but crazier things have happened.

Spence is straight up and down :troll:

Come forward fighter:troll:

No defense :troll:

All power:troll:

Jab all fight :troll:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

D3vJ3mB.gif

D3vJ3mB.gif

1iD7lL1.gif

LJj7okQ.gif

Spence is closer to GGG in style than most are willing to admit. Both have a "I can take yours, can you take mine" mentality. I think his chin is true enough to where he can withstand the occasional moments where he gets clipped. It would take a sustained attack to exploit him fully. And that's where his offense becomes his greatest asset. All that body work early on saps the power from his opponent by round 6. So even if he does get hit walking in during the back end of fights, he can walk thru it. Those first 4 rounds with Thurman are gonna be very interesting. But as long as Spence can get to the back half of a fight, I don't expect this flaw to bite him in the ass at 147.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Spence is closer to GGG in style than most are willing to admit. Both have a "I can take yours, can you take mine" mentality. I think his chin is true enough to where he can withstand the occasional moments where he gets clipped. It would take a sustained attack to exploit him fully. And that's where his offense becomes his greatest asset. All that body work early on saps the power from his opponent by round 6. So even if he does get hit walking in during the back end of fights, he can walk thru it. Those first 4 rounds with Thurman are gonna be very interesting. But as long as Spence can get to the back half of a fight, I don't expect this flaw to bite him in the ass at 147.
both are pressure fighters who rely on consistent pressure so not the hyper aggressive version with that said I wouldn´t mix up the two if I would only see stick figures boxing.
GGG relies more on cutting off the ring, when you thinking about GGG finishing someone it´s usually the other fighter being on the ropes while GGG pouring it on him, also almost never fights on the inside
Spence on the other hand likes to fight on the inside and he doesn´t really rely on cutting off the ring, he is equally comfortable with his opponent being on the ropes or in the middle of the ring also while Golovkin´s body work is (was) good Spence relies on it a lot more

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
both are pressure fighters who rely on consistent pressure so not the hyper aggressive version with that said I wouldn´t mix up the two if I would only see stick figures boxing.
GGG relies more on cutting off the ring, when you thinking about GGG finishing someone it´s usually the other fighter being on the ropes while GGG pouring it on him, also almost never fights on the inside
Spence on the other hand likes to fight on the inside and he doesn´t really rely on cutting off the ring, he is equally comfortable with his opponent being on the ropes or in the middle of the ring also while Golovkin´s body work is (was) good Spence relies on it a lot more

At some point, Spence gotta get credit for cutting the ring off. He's on top of every fighter he fights. I need to see a fighter successfully stay outta his grasp before I admit Spence has a flaw of cutting the ring off.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
At some point, Spence gotta get credit for cutting the ring off. He's on top of every fighter he fights. I need to see a fighter successfully stay outta his grasp before I admit Spence has a flaw of cutting the ring off.
Didn’t mean as a flaw just different style.
How can I say... he pressures his opponents too but he doesn’t cut the ring off in a sense that he really wants to put his opponents to the ropes/corner, he’s comfortable with punching while he and/or the opponent moves, he doesn’t have that “sweet spot” where he’s effective, he’s good from multiple ranges. Of course if he meets someone signigicantly faster on foot than him not cutting it off can be a problem for him