People begging Target to stay in W Baltimore (Mondawmin Mall)

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimo...-says-she-can-convince-target-to-stay-at.html

Mayor Catherine Pugh said Wednesday she "absolutely" believes she can convince Target to keep its Mondawmin Mall location open, a week after the company announced plans to close the store.

Pugh said at her weekly press conference she has made multiple attempts to reach out to Target CEO Brian Cornell to set up a meeting with him. And she's even willing to fly to Minnesota to speak to him.

"I've sent him a letter, mailed him a letter, left phone calls. I invited myself to Minnesota," the mayor said, referring to potentially visiting the company's headquarters. Pugh said she is still waiting on a formal response from the company.

Target announced Nov. 7 it would close its location at Mondawmin Mall in February, citing poor sales. It announced at the same time it would close 11 other stores around the country.

But Pugh said she is skeptical of that reasoning, and that she's seen data that shows the company does $25 million worth of sales at that location every year.

"People don't walk away from that kind of revenue," she said.

Erin Conroy, a spokeswoman for Target, said in a statement the decision to close the location was "not made lightly" and was based on "declining sales and profitability over time."

Watch the video it covers it all.

This is what it's come to in some of our communities?

We begging Target to stay? Target...

Black Business is so important yall.

Nobody going to save us... All we have is us.

How do yall feel about this? Racist capitalist going to do what they do. Why are we not protecting ourselves?

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Target don't forsake us we need you:blessed:

:camby:

Some of the people in that video were damn near hopeless acting like a damn Target store is all they have left and it's not even theirs!

We have to realize the position we are in and change because help is not coming from the outside. Its has to come from us. We are the help.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How can we not worry about our people?

We are all in this together we have to build. This is going to keep happening Baltimore is not a lost cause.

Baltimore isn't a lost cause, but we're definitely facing some tough times. The city's murder rate has spiked over the last two and a half years with no signs of slowing down. Teens beating people up in the cities biggest tourist draw (Inner Harbor). Baltimore makes national news almost weekly for some stupid shyt.

I love my city, but it's tough to defend the level of fukkery taking place right now.

Last edited:
Daps
That may be their only grocery store, and it provides lots of jobs. I remember back during the Freddy Gray riot, the mayor said she was upset about them burning down CVS, because it was hard to get stores in that area. I seriously don't know how those people survive on fast food, and bodegas.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
That may be their only grocery store, and it provides lots of jobs. I remember back during the Freddy Gray riot, the mayor said she was upset about them burning down CVS, because it was hard to get stores in that area. I seriously don't know how those people survive on fast food, and bodegas.

True but the jobs being provided were not paying enough so It's all bad. Not hopeless though.

You can only eat fast food for so long though.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
:scust: shytty selection.. rather go to the one in Canton but I dont even fukk with Target

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Fast food :scust:
Chicken box and a half & half :blessed: