People begging Target to stay in W Baltimore (Mondawmin Mall)

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Dont listen to these muthafukkas breh they have absolutley no idea what they are talking about. For whatever reason the store is losing money and they decided to shut it down. The primary objective of a corporation is making a profit and once that is not possible than it is time to close.

Man they got a sears where I live at they not making any money at all but stay open still.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimo...-says-she-can-convince-target-to-stay-at.html

Watch the video it covers it all.

This is what it's come to in some of our communities?

We begging Target to stay? Target...

Black Business is so important yall.

Nobody going to save us... All we have is us.

How do yall feel about this? Racist capitalist going to do what they do. Why are we not protecting ourselves?

One stop shops where you can get everything you need in one spot are convenient and important, especially since stores wanna close down and make everyone shop online

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s bullshyt
Ehh. Y'all might be able to have a few streets here and there but y'all ain't got shyt poppin. Don't take offense. That's most of black America. My area included. It is what it is.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Honestly I’m surprised a Target is even in that area. They tend to be a little higher than Walmart or say a Giant. Their food is definitely higher and they don’t even have the best selection( in terms of variety ) of food.

Even in nice areas Walmart tends to be more packed than Target.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The Target was profitable.

When Target opened in 2008 the mall received 15 Million dollar subsidy from the tax payers there.

In the video the people said it was packed.

I don't know what to believe I just don't believe Target really.
how do you know it was profitable? at $25M in revenue, that's $13M below their avg revenue per store. they easily could have been losing money, especially if they sell groceries at that target. and you seem like the type to not admit that shrinkage was probably a problem at that store as well, we had the same thing happen with the walmart in oakland, between being two exits up from another walmart, low sales, and theft, it ended up closing.