Pharoah Monch's "Simon Says"= Biggest song that never was?

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
You realize 'whoa!' Propelled Black Rob to platinum plus right? I'm both a Rob & Buckwild Stan and I hate that song. But fukk if it wasn't EVERYWHERE. That was one of those songs that invaded everyday life vernacular.

Big Mel just puked like Whoa!
yes...I do realize that...which was exactly my point breh. I still love that Whoa beat. Cats dont drop grimey soundin club bangers meant for The Tunnel like that anymore.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Uhhhhh..pharoah monch had a big hit before "simon says".:childplease:

It was called"stress" ORGANIZED KONFUSION HELLLOOO!

And that internal affairs most likely would have been out of print today..so it doesn't even matter

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Uhhhhh..pharoah monch had a big hit before "simon says".:childplease:

It was called"stress" ORGANIZED KONFUSION HELLLOOO!

And that internal affairs most likely would have been out of print today..so it doesn't even matter

Only hip-hop heads know Stress

classic record but not a "hit" in the sense Simon Says was getting listened to by white people and propelling Monch's sales into the hundreds of thousands

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only hip-hop heads know Stress

classic record but not a "hit" in the sense Simon Says was getting listened to by white people and propelling Monch's sales into the hundreds of thousands

So a song is only a hit if white people hear it? What about Oh no with Mos Def and Nate Dog?

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Simon says" was still a big hit. Monch album did very well in the chart for supposedly underground album.

Sadly, most of the people who loved "simon" had no idea who the fukk pharoah monch was.

BigF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remix is one of my favorites ever. Got it on my i-pod now.

Reggie goes in on on that remix....

"Funk Doctor Spock said "Get the fukk up"
I got a bytch named Nina and I tuck her
I leave a nikka hangin' like ya mom's muffler
Snuff her, then my boys follow up
Respect like The Fonz, you see the collar up"

:myman:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Dude can rap but aint shyt special. He wouldnt have changed or ever ruled hiphop. Too much credit is being given.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
The CD actually goes for like $40-$50 because it was pulled off the shelves over the sample dispute. Or at least last I saw it was.

really...I have it on cd, :blessed:

bout to flip that on ebay

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
So a song is only a hit if white people hear it? What about Oh no with Mos Def and Nate Dog?

Oh No was a bigger hit than Stress too

Idk what you are saying though, Stress is one of my favorite cuts ever. The Extra P remix is one of my favorite beats ever.

Just saying that in terms of commercial impact, Simon Says (and Oh No) were bigger records. An Organized Konfusion record was never certified anything and Internal Affairs came out selling in the hundreds of thousands after Simon Says dropped.

licktheballs

Wu-Tang Stan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just heard monche on combat jack, dude cant even perform the song at concerts due to the sample issues:why:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
all i know is that whenever someone puts this on at a house party, first thing you hear from the crowd is "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh shyttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"