Pharoah Monch's "Simon Says"= Biggest song that never was?

hahaha

Pro
Daps
The song was in charlies angels. i have the album, bought it on release. cd all scratched up and inlay water damaged.. played it a lot when i was younger. i like monche, and really liked the album, but he has better tracks. sample is too powerful. godzilla fukks up ghidara and mothra, thats his shyt. stress by o.k is a great tune, better than simon.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
owned the single, honestly didnt know anything abt the sample issues

he cant perform this shyt at shows???:what:

how the fukk would the godzilla ppl even know?

:pacspit: either way...prob salty the song was hotter than that peice of shyt movie they made

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Monch talked about this recently and said if they paid 40 K, the sample would've been cleared and he would've had the publishing, but it ended up going to court and Rawkus had to pay 400,000 and don't own the rights to it anymore. smfh

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Just a hot beat,

Lyrically the song is trash and I don't see the reasons it's heralded as a lyrical masterpiece, it's simply the instrumental

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Sad to know such a great song coil have been cleared for probably less than 10Gs if Rawkus fessed up an just paid for it in the first place THEN they get a second chance they only have to pay $40Gs but they fukk around and think they can pull off some ridiculous argument and then gotta pay 400 :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
owned the single, honestly didnt know anything abt the sample issues

he cant perform this shyt at shows???:what:

how the fukk would the godzilla ppl even know?

:pacspit: either way...prob salty the song was hotter than that peice of shyt movie they made
The intro is obviously their shyt. Maybe he coulda slid with the part he chopped up but that intro got him fukked

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That beat though
homer-drool.gif