Pistons (13-67) clinch worst record in franchise history in home finale

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's official: The 2023-24 Detroit Pistons are the worst team in franchise history.

The Pistons guaranteed they would have the worst record of any team on Thursday's fan appreciation night at Little Caesars Arena — the final home game of the year — in a contest where the Pistons served up turnovers like a drive-thru window before falling handily to the Chicago Bulls, 127-105.

With two games remaining, the Pistons (13-67) can no longer finish better than the team that went 16-66 in 1979-80.

Each of the last five Pistons seasons have each fallen among the 10 worst seasons in franchise history. The season continues Friday night in Dallas against the Mavericks (50-30), which have won nine of the last 10.

The Pistons have a 2.0-game lead on the Washington Wizards (15-65) for the best NBA Draft Lottery odds.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Looking at their roster and depth chart, who exactly on that team is a keeper? Who are you building around, Cade? It's not like Detroit is a free agent hotbed either. The draft is one of the worst in many years. I don't see a quick turnaround.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't see a path forward honestly and if I was Cade I'd turn down a max extension just to get out of there. Next year will be bad too. And honestly...Monty gotta go. He's not in a head space to be coaching. He got his payday, get him the fukk out of there so he can grieve because he looks completely lost.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't see a path forward honestly and if I was Cade I'd turn down a max extension just to get out of there. Next year will be bad too. And honestly...Monty gotta go. He's not in a head space to be coaching. He got his payday, get him the fukk out of there so he can grieve because he looks completely lost.
Why would he do that when he could take the money and then force his way out after?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Looking at their roster and depth chart, who exactly on that team is a keeper? Who are you building around, Cade? It's not like Detroit is a free agent hotbed either. The draft is one of the worst in many years. I don't see a quick turnaround.
Honestly none of them based on how they’ve performed this year. Not even Cade.