Pistons (13-67) clinch worst record in franchise history in home finale

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
What a team! Maybe in 5 years they will have their 8th seed appearance in the playoffs where they get swept again.

Team with no direction since late 00s.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I don't see a path forward honestly and if I was Cade I'd turn down a max extension just to get out of there. Next year will be bad too. And honestly...Monty gotta go. He's not in a head space to be coaching. He got his payday, get him the fukk out of there so he can grieve because he looks completely lost.
ALWAYS take the money. Players would be fools to not secure the money first then demand trades after. This isn't the NFL, get your contract, then bytch your way outta town. Especially a player like Cade that's already got a bit of an injury history. First and foremost they have to fire Monty. Money be damned, they'll lose a lot more keeping him as the coach of this team just off lost revenue sure to apathy. He don't know it simply don't give a fukk about what he's doing too this team, but he's clearly not the answer. If Gores gives half a shyt he's gotta show it by during Monty. And Weaver can go right with him honestly. But Monty HAS to go.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
ALWAYS take the money. Players would be fools to not secure the money first then demand trades after. This isn't the NFL, get your contract, then bytch your way outta town. Especially a player like Cade that's already got a bit of an injury history. First and foremost they have to fire Monty. Money be damned, they'll lose a lot more keeping him as the coach of this team just off lost revenue sure to apathy. He don't know it simply don't give a fukk about what he's doing too this team, but he's clearly not the answer. If Gores gives half a shyt he's gotta show it by during Monty. And Weaver can go right with him honestly. But Monty HAS to go.
it's crazy that monty gets most of the blame and not the GM

like seriously, if monty's not the coach, how many wins does this team get? the roster is fukking putrid.

monty was coaching when the 2020 suns went undefeated in the bubble and put them in play-in contention after winning 19 games the previous season. He hasn't been perfect but i think the team would be a lot better if they actually had a decent roster :manny:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
it's crazy that monty gets most of the blame and not the GM

like seriously, if monty's not the coach, how many wins does this team get? the roster is fukking putrid.

monty was coaching when the 2020 suns went undefeated in the bubble and put them in play-in contention after winning 19 games the previous season. He hasn't been perfect but i think the team would be a lot better if they actually had a decent roster :manny:
I've watched this team damn near every game this year and a while hell of a lot last year. The team definitely had more talent to work with this year and from an individual level there was some player improvement from last year. I don't think I've ever seen it more evident and blatant while watching a coach and being able to genuinely tell that they didn't want to be there. Weaver absolutely needs to be fired too because he has no idea what he's doing. But idgaf what Monty did in 20 in the bubble, in 23 he told the Pistons he didn't want to coach anymore and only did it because Gores threw more money at him than he thought was possible, then he showed them throughout the entire season that he meant what he said, he doesn't want to coach anymore, at least in Detroit.

And I totally agree btw, this roster is putrid too.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I've watched this team damn near every game this year and a while hell of a lot last year. The team definitely had more talent to work with this year and from an individual level there was some player improvement from last year. I don't think I've ever seen it more evident and blatant while watching a coach and being able to genuinely tell that they didn't want to be there. Weaver absolutely needs to be fired too because he has no idea what he's doing. But idgaf what Monty did in 20 in the bubble, in 23 he told the Pistons he didn't want to coach anymore and only did it because Gores threw more money at him than he thought was possible, then he showed them throughout the entire season that he meant what he said, he doesn't want to coach anymore, at least in Detroit.

And I totally agree btw, this roster is putrid too.
maybe it's a mix of both. because none of their lottery picks besides cade is good. there was so much clamor about ivey starting and not being a bench player and he's given mixed results at best. Duren and Wiseman are 2 of the worst defensive centers in the league. Ausar thompson cant shoot to save his mother's life. they've had zero shooting all season. traded bojan and burks, that other white guy whos name i cant remember. i just dont see how ur supposed to get wins regardless of coaching with a roster that was put together so badly

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Year 4 or 5 of a rebuild and you win 13 games while your head coach is the highest paid coach ever :dead:

Who do the Pistons even draft? They a whole team of lottery picks :dead:

Going to draft Sarr while having Duren and Wiseman :dead:

Going to draft Dillingham while having Cade and Ivey:dead:

What a shyt show this team is:mjlol:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I sat thru the 13-69 Hawks of 04-05. Don’t think we will ever see a team that bad. At least the pistons won today.
That Hawks team was so trash, and they were taking convincing L's I remember.

Honestly between them, 09-10 Nets, 15-16 Philly and 11-12 Bobcats, here's your top trash teams that would probably take an L even from these Pistons.

deeman

All Star
Daps
That Hawks team was so trash, and they were taking convincing L's I remember.

Honestly between them, 09-10 Nets, 15-16 Philly and 11-12 Bobcats, here's your top trash teams that would probably take an L even from these Pistons.
Only reason I sat thru that bullshyt was to see Josh Smith. Dude had crazier hops than Lebron