Power Season 3 (Official Thread)

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Am I really seriously seeing some dudes in this thread getting upset because people are critiquing the show? :heh:

Look at every other forum like IMDB and FB page - the majority of viewers feel the same way.

Because it's a "black" show, we need to give it a 10/10 no matter how overall nonsensical season 3 was? The last two seasons were dope and actually made sense with great writing. The finales were WAAAAAY better. There wasn't a whole bunch of filler and unanswered questions. I remember everybody giving it nothing but praises. All the criticism directed at this underwhelming season is totally justified. Face it, there were shyt load of plot holes unlike the previous two and some things were just downright stupid.

Of course we're gonna watch season 4, we just hope it has better writing than this.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These nikkas are the worst, nikkas watch shows just to pick them apart, and i bet most of these dudes didnt feel that way after they watched it. They probably just piggy backing off what a few people said so they can seem cool and be in the majority..

It aint no way you watched that show and didnt come away entertained, if so then it sucks to be yall

yea some of the shyt was dumb like the fingerprint scene but to the shows defense her angle could be deeper than that, she may have some real shyt to bring up, we dont know how this is going to play out but to claim this was so ridiculous you will never watch again is a bit extreme..
Lol, I love the show too because of the entertainment factor, but don't try to sit here and act like it's that difficult for someone to "pick apart" this show. All of the criticism the writing of this show gets is well deserved.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was in jail 15 months nikka... They arrest people if they feel you did a crime.. They arrested one dude that was nerd because he fit the description. 3 days later they let him go.. IN the United states you're guilty til proven innocent
Yeah, for some petty shyt lol, but they're not going to arrest someone for murdering a Fed in a high profile ass case, if they have no real way to prove them guilty.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The case is a non case. One she tampered with evidence. She can't be trusted, the "evidence" can't be trusted. Motive. What motive did Ghost have for killing Knox? A jealous lover? Because he's a drug kingpin? The same drug kingpin that recently dumped her? The same drug kingpin, she's been living with and sleeping with for months? shyt is a non issue. And the writers have realistically written themselves into a corner. Karen's father just gonna let Dre run the club without investigating him? He's a felon. The media's not gonna get a hold of all the drama at truth, drug dealing, shootings, owners arrested for murdering gmen? Truth should be shutdown indefinitely. shyt pretty sure Karen and her father would dead the deal altogether.
I don't think Dre is going to run the club, I think Tommy is the co owner legally. But yea in the real world with all that fukkery that club would have got closed down and forced to change names

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
I think this what happens in Season 3.

Ghost gets sent to Federal prison. So Tommy comes up with a plan to get him out. Tommy gets the blueprint of the prison tatted on him and gets locked up so he can be inside the same prison to get Linc Ghost out.

Just a thought.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Lol, nobody even questioned why the mole would allow himself to be shot and almost die.

Good point. :francis:

Mike made a few texts to Hugo during transport.

Mike's burner phone was planted on Greg.

So, are investigators to believe Greg made the texts from the burner phone (inside the transport vehicle), even though the signals pointed back to the building? :dahell:

Not to mention Mike called Lobos right before Ghost and Tommy were about to murk him the first time. Greg had just been transported back to campus by that point and was being examined? Are we to believe investigators think he was then calling Lobos while under care after being shot--while in the presence of a bunch of other agents? :dahell:

Last edited:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I think this what happens in Season 3.

Ghost gets sent to Federal prison. So Tommy comes up with a plan to get him out. Tommy gets the blueprint of the prison tatted on him and gets locked up so he can be inside the same prison to get Linc Ghost out.

Just a thought.

:dahell:

:mjlol:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Lol, I love the show too because of the entertainment factor, but don't try to sit here and act like it's that difficult for someone to "pick apart" this show. All of the criticism the writing of this show gets is well deserved.
It seems like only the nit picking gets talked about. So when you read through the thread all you see is nit picking and people saying they can't watch anymore like it's that bad. This show has always been like that. Dudes just love shytting on something more than they do saying it's good with flaws

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seems like only the nit picking gets talked about. So when you read through the thread all you see is nit picking and people saying they can't watch anymore like it's that bad. This show has always been like that. Dudes just love shytting on something more than they do saying it's good with flaws
It's only nitpicking when it's one or two things lol, there's 50 blatant things wrong with every episode. The issue is the expectations are too high. People think they're supposed to be watching The Wire or something; when taken for what it is, this show is enjoyable and entertaining as hell. fukkery shouldn't even always make sense. It's an entertaining soap opera-style show, it's like Empire, they're both entertaining shows to watch -- which is really the point.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
The Milan plot was silly, but not that silly. Theyd din't know anything about Milan or how he really moved. He talked a good game, but once he let Tommy in, he allowed himself to be had.

Tariq is stupid, but he lost his dad and his best friend in Shawn. You seen how he hugged his dad at the club, he was cool until the Jamiacans pulled up and Ghost had to bark on him and make him miss the game. He was rolling with Dre but Dre didn't show no real interest, Kanan did.

Ghost had a dui not sure if he printed or not. Fingerprints aren't only collected from criminals though. She could've searched every database.

Dude was tight about Milan bringing in an outsider. If he never brought in an outsider(Tommy), he wouldn't have a beef. Now you could say, how could someone so against outsiders partner with
Tommy, well let's just see how that part plays out. Is Tommy his own man or the head of what was Milan's org?

Tariq - nah. Not a single thing he does makes sense even for a rebelling teenager. Before this storyline he wasn't painted as an idiot. Kanan randomly rolls up to his school after 5 mns of playing ball together and this kid just hops in his car and drinks out his straw :comeon:. At no point does he question why this random old nikka is trying to spend time with him and talk about his pops. Then this same old nikka is encouraging him to steal and make drop offs like some after school special and this kid just goes with it. I know the kid comes from some money but they making him to be the most naive kid in NYC and it doesn't actually make logical sense. Yea he got beef with his pops but he's not some love starved kid with no parents thirsty for anyone to pay attention to him.

- If Ghost had a DUI on record thats a writing error. Again they made a huge deal about him being a ghost when those club folks tried to get info on him. DUI's are easily found public records
- I can kinda see that with Milan's #2. He was cool until he got nudged out. But then the question is still why did Milan treat him like a scrub all the sudden, and was his interest in Tommy legit? Cuz it's still goofy to just diss all the guys that have been with you to move Tommy up the ladder randomly. But I'm more accepting of that than the Tariq and Ghost fingerprint stuff.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Didn't Greg apartment have photos of Lobos crime scene?

Good point. :francis:

Mike made a few texts to Hugo during transport.

Mike's burner phone was planted on Greg.

So, are investigators to believe Greg made the texts from the burner phone (inside the transport vehicle), even though the signals pointed back to the building? :dahell:

Not to mention Mike called Lobos right before Ghost and Tommy were about to murk him the first time. Greg had just been transported back to campus by that point and was being examined? Are we to believe investigators think he was then calling Lobos while under care after being shot--while in the presence of a bunch of other agents? :dahell:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Season 4.

O2AUyMG.jpg