Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:Yes, blame it on Covid.

naw she isn’t completely wrong, if COVID didn’t fukk everything up I’d probably be watching way better shyt right now than Power book 2, I’d be watching it 6 months later when their wasn’t shyt else on the same I’m watching it now cos ain’t shyt else on lol

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
naw she isn’t completely wrong, if COVID didn’t fukk everything up I’d probably be watching way better shyt right now than Power book 2, I’d be watching it 6 months later when their wasn’t shyt else on the same I’m watching it now cos ain’t shyt else on lol
Everything is a choice. You don’t have to watch shyt. Niccas just need to stop with the Cappin. Niccas analyzing every episode of a show they said they weren’t even going to watch under any circumstance :mjlol:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything is a choice. You don’t have to watch shyt. Niccas just need to stop with the Cappin. Niccas analyzing every episode of a show they said they weren’t even going to watch under any circumstance :mjlol:
Bro, the show is average as fukk with the same sloppy writing and same bullshyt acting, and you fukkin right imma be there every week too, cos besides Your Honor I don’t have shyt else to watch :mjlol:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I went back and rewatched season six. My opinions on it are more or less the same, and I still believe the writers did a terrible job at setting up Tariq for the spinoff. They either should have made him the antagonist or made him more sympathetic so there would be a reason to root for him. They also shouldn't have bothered with the "Who shot J.R./Mr. Burns?" storyline when it was way too obvious that Tariq was Ghost's killer. The only other person that made sense realistically was Tasha, and once you cut Tommy out, the remaining suspects didn't have a chance of being responsible for it.

Some observations:

-A year ago, I hated the Tate episode. I was 100% wrong, that episode was fire. At the time, I couldn't concentrate because it premiered on the day of Kobe's death and I had just watched the Grammys so I was in no mood to analyze it properly. A year later, I can see how good the episode is. It wasn’t necessary, but the show made the most out of Tate's character and it was crazy to see him go from being out of the race to potentially getting the Democratic nomination in 24 hours.

-I think almost every single episode this season up until episode 11 had an argument between Ghost and Tasha. It was exhausting and infuriating because it was exactly the same every single time. I don't know why the show relied on it so much. I also don't know how these two were ever married because I feel like they never had a healthy relationship.

-The season starts off slower than season five did. It doesn't really pick up until "King's Gambit," and it seems like they realized the Ghost/Tommy feud wasn't as compelling as they thought so they switched direction into making it more Tariq-focused and leaning in on Ghost going into politics.

-Warner was a fantastic character. I feel like he was what helped ground the show when they needed it, and he was the only one trying to get rid of Saxe when everybody else was blaming Ghost for their problems. They should have kept him around for the spinoff because he was one of the few characters on the show reacting realistically to everything around them. Until the Paz episode.

-Let me get this straight. Judge Tapper (another realistic character that I liked) told Blanca and Warner that they needed an airtight defense if they were going to come after Ghost this time. He dismissed them because of a lack of evidence, and said that any testimony against Ghost has to come from someone that wasn't a known enemy/accomplice against him. Warner said they couldn't use the phone because there's no way any judge would accept it. But Warner uses the phone, Judge Tapper accepts it, and Blanca gets a fake testimony from Dre that she thinks is going to work? What the hell happened here? :mindblown:

-Ghost really chose the wrong family to build with. The only one of the St. Patricks that really gave a fukk about him was Raina, and if she hadn't died, I bet the show would have had her turn against him too. Tasha and Tariq should have been smarter and realized that they can take advantage of Ghost's political connections to get what they want. The Ray Ray/LaKeisha cases would have been a cakewalk to take care of. Instead, they're so drunk off of hatred and paranoia, they kill him, and they're left with absolutely nothing like they deserve. Not even Big Mama appreciated her rent being paid off for a year. fukk that miserable family.:camby:

-Why did Tariq and Tasha turn into idiots when they found out Dre died? If he was alive, he would be able to testify and find a way out of it. Tariq had Saxe in his back pocket. Dre punched Blanca when he left Truth. With him being dead, they were in the clear. Instead, Tasha makes a ridiculously stupid move by trying to pin it on Q, who was way too smart to get caught up. They hated Ghost so much, they learned nothing from him about how to move? They had the ball at the 1 and instead of going for a run play, they pass the ball right to the defense with no receivers around. :scusthov:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went back and rewatched season six. My opinions on it are more or less the same, and I still believe the writers did a terrible job at setting up Tariq for the spinoff. They either should have made him the antagonist or made him more sympathetic so there would be a reason to root for him. They also shouldn't have bothered with the "Who shot J.R./Mr. Burns?" storyline when it was way too obvious that Tariq was Ghost's killer. The only other person that made sense realistically was Tasha, and once you cut Tommy out, the remaining suspects didn't have a chance of being responsible for it.

Some observations:

-A year ago, I hated the Tate episode. I was 100% wrong, that episode was fire. At the time, I couldn't concentrate because it premiered on the day of Kobe's death and I had just watched the Grammys so I was in no mood to analyze it properly. A year later, I can see how good the episode is. It wasn’t necessary, but the show made the most out of Tate's character and it was crazy to see him go from being out of the race to potentially getting the Democratic nomination in 24 hours.

-I think almost every single episode this season up until episode 11 had an argument between Ghost and Tasha. It was exhausting and infuriating because it was exactly the same every single time. I don't know why the show relied on it so much. I also don't know how these two were ever married because I feel like they never had a healthy relationship.

-The season starts off slower than season five did. It doesn't really pick up until "King's Gambit," and it seems like they realized the Ghost/Tommy feud wasn't as compelling as they thought so they switched direction into making it more Tariq-focused and leaning in on Ghost going into politics.

-Warner was a fantastic character. I feel like he was what helped ground the show when they needed it, and he was the only one trying to get rid of Saxe when everybody else was blaming Ghost for their problems. They should have kept him around for the spinoff because he was one of the few characters on the show reacting realistically to everything around them. Until the Paz episode.

-Let me get this straight. Judge Tapper (another realistic character that I liked) told Blanca and Warner that they needed an airtight defense if they were going to come after Ghost this time. He dismissed them because of a lack of evidence, and said that any testimony against Ghost has to come from someone that wasn't a known enemy/accomplice against him. Warner said they couldn't use the phone because there's no way any judge would accept it. But Warner uses the phone, Judge Tapper accepts it, and Blanca gets a fake testimony from Dre that she thinks is going to work? What the hell happened here? :mindblown:

-Ghost really chose the wrong family to build with. The only one of the St. Patricks that really gave a fukk about him was Raina, and if she hadn't died, I bet the show would have had her turn against him too. Tasha and Tariq should have been smarter and realized that they can take advantage of Ghost's political connections to get what they want. The Ray Ray/LaKeisha cases would have been a cakewalk to take care of. Instead, they're so drunk off of hatred and paranoia, they kill him, and they're left with absolutely nothing like they deserve. Not even Big Mama appreciated her rent being paid off for a year. fukk that miserable family.:camby:

-Why did Tariq and Tasha turn into idiots when they found out Dre died? If he was alive, he would be able to testify and find a way out of it. Tariq had Saxe in his back pocket. Dre punched Blanca when he left Truth. With him being dead, they were in the clear. Instead, Tasha makes a ridiculously stupid move by trying to pin it on Q, who was way too smart to get caught up. They hated Ghost so much, they learned nothing from him about how to move? They had the ball at the 1 and instead of going for a run play, they pass the ball right to the defense with no receivers around. :scusthov:

Piss poor writing. No other way to put it. You got the prime suspect dead and you think "oh no they won't accept that they will keep looking for another prime susect with zero evidence". Since when do the police try to open a shut case just because? The Tariq shyt is just :snoop:. I mean it's been obvious what they wanted to do with dude for like 3 seasons. They telegraphed that shyt. And with all that time they couldn't come up with a legit angle for dude? This dude was just so determined to be in the streets and hate his dad and why? Because he lied...now this nikka goes around lying all the time :russ:. I mean seriously dude acknowledged that he knew he could count on his dad to come through for him during the fake/real kidnapping. His dad did come through for him but he still hates him? :wtf: Then after disrespecting that man over and over again he gets mad at him for not ruining his life to take the heat for your stupid shyt? Like the whole Ray Ray and Reina shyt was due to Tariq being on some bullshyt but Ghost needs to die because you might have to do a few months in Juvie? They completely ruined the shyt and took away any interest in Book 2. I will check for Tate's show and Raising Kanaan though.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Piss poor writing. No other way to put it. You got the prime suspect dead and you think "oh no they won't accept that they will keep looking for another prime susect with zero evidence". Since when do the police try to open a shut case just because? The Tariq shyt is just :snoop:. I mean it's been obvious what they wanted to do with dude for like 3 seasons. They telegraphed that shyt. And with all that time they couldn't come up with a legit angle for dude? This dude was just so determined to be in the streets and hate his dad and why? Because he lied...now this nikka goes around lying all the time :russ:. I mean seriously dude acknowledged that he knew he could count on his dad to come through for him during the fake/real kidnapping. His dad did come through for him but he still hates him? :wtf: Then after disrespecting that man over and over again he gets mad at him for not ruining his life to take the heat for your stupid shyt? Like the whole Ray Ray and Reina shyt was due to Tariq being on some bullshyt but Ghost needs to die because you might have to do a few months in Juvie? They completely ruined the shyt and took away any interest in Book 2. I will check for Tate's show and Raising Kanaan though.

I actually like Book 2. They finally did what they should have done in the original show and made Tariq a more sympathetic character. It helps that he's not the worst character on the show because there are others doing the heavy lifting for him. I don't have any attachment to him yet, but at least now, he's starting to have self-awareness and reflection on things that happen to him.

But the foundation to get there was horrible. Like you said, Tariq knew that Ghost would do anything to help him out when he was in danger. And that's still not enough to make him see that his father loves him and wanted nothing but the best for him, in spite of his mistakes? The only thing Ghost did wrong was thinking he could save Tariq and mold him into a different man when he was an ungrateful sociopath and a mama's boy.

You know what scene really highlights what was wrong with Tariq? In season five, when Kanan's talking to him about how much he can get for a pack of Xanax, Tariq says that he looked up the tuition for Choate and he can pay it off with five re-ups. But why? Why would he need to pay his tuition when Ghost is paying it for him? It's not like he has no choice but to pay it himself. They really had no plan for Tariq when it came to selling drugs. They just thought that if Ghost did it, if Kanan did it, then why not him? That was the excuse they used whenever Ghost called him out on it. "If you did it, then why can't I?" Because you don't have to, you turkey! :scust:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I've been watching these old FX shows like The Shield and Sons of Anarchy and it's weird seeing actors from Power show up
Blanca was in Sons of Anarchy as a much younger woman and she was pretty hot

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

This is honestly one of the funniest scenes in the whole series. Ghost didn't give a fukk anymore. He's not even giving Tariq a choice, he's just telling him straight up what to do. Bullying him until he cries like a little kid, making him kick and scream. :russ:

"It's the least you could do for the family, Riq. In exchange, I'll get you a light sentence, I don't know, probation even. :yeshrug:"

"We've pulled out every stop. Nothing left. Just confess. :mjtf: :manny:"

"I don't have it in me to be angry. Only disappointment......again. :unimpressed:"

*while pulling him up at the same time* "Get up, GET UP, GET UP! :birdman: :damn:"

I know the finale was supposed to make Ghost look like a monster, but all it did was remind me that Tariq and Tasha were both horrible people that deserved everything that happened to them. :dead:

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Finally finished the show, don't know why i stopped watching after ghost took the L.

They trying to make us feel bad about tasha at the end? She planned it. And was gonna let everyone else fall for her crime. :russ:

I miss the dude who actually went after Saxe. Holy shyt how many people died under this dude's watch.