President Obama Just Delivered One of the GOAT Moments in American History

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Great slush but that's all speeches are; entertaining rhetoric.

The goal of a speech is a rallying cry. He spoke of action, less talk. And then skipped over what action to take.

But that's the game. Still tho this was a significant, symbolic message. This DID happen.

On the other hand, dealing with the public, you have to boil down the crowd to "one person". Within the crowd of any people there is the lowest common denominator you have to speak to.

The idea is to speak to the mind of a six year old. Not insulting intelligence or maturity, this is a common rule in communication.

Watching this was like living a page from 48 Laws of Power.

However, politicking aside. This WAS indeed a powerful message that confronted racism face to face. Things like this draw a line in the sand and set the precedent for the future.

It also shows me the generational gap. Things the Prez is speaking on, I've thought of back in highschool. But you move faster on your own vs with group thinking.

But for this to happen and then to allow gays to marry in the same week :wow:

America is changing quickly and depending on the next president things are looking :lupe:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Man I swear this old generation of black folk being appeased by words and negro sprituals and not action disgusts me:scust:

:camby: We need to get these old nikkas out of here and let the younger black people take control of this movement

Excuse me?? The old generation who actually lived through segregation? Muthafukka this may be the worst post I'VE EVER SEEN on sohh or the coli. Purely disgusting and ignorant. You newblack mufukkas think cause you got social media, your a fukking civil rights leader. You will never face a 10th of the racism that these "old blacks" went through bytch nikka. Disgusting

Isn't that a good thing? And I think that's his point.

The younger generation does need to take up this cross and run with it.

We need the backing and connections of the older generation to help make use of the rights they fought for.

And when our work of building in this generation reaches a certain point, we have to hand it over to the next generation too.

The internet caused a huge skip and a jump that separates the young (millienial gen) and the old (baby boomer gen). With Gen Y (90's/late 80's) coming into prime now and in the next few years.

Gen Y has the greatest chance to set up and excel with this technology in hand. We see the struggles and fights of the old, we learn from them. And we are in the position to guide the younger when they grow out of internet puberty.

But the Gen Y fight won't be the same as the Baby Boomer Fight. They Baby Boomers should clear the way and guide Gen Y, give us the tools to start the creation of the world the Baby Boomers were promised. Gen Y will build it modern, and the Millienials will further take it into the future.

However this requires the Boomers to open their minds and trust the young. But also be discerning. Alot of you are hardened into your ways for better or for worse. You either need to watch out for us, guide us as the Answer to Society you asked for, or take your decrepit, stagnant attitudes to the grave.

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
the black twitter brigade is slobbing him like no other

calling it the blackest moment in presidential history, all he did was talk . we cant be content with nice words and symbolic gestures, actions determine who really cares about the collective advancement of blacks
Did they talk about the" #bluelivesmatter" aka blue alert bill he passed a few weeks tho

Daps
Reppin
VOID
'What causes our children to hate'

maybe things like perpetuating wars in foreign countries, signing into law bills that remove the power of attorney for those deemed 'terrorists'.

Here's what I don't get. How can Obama admit that the country has deep racial tears, and that there's 400 years of racist history. Yet think we're in some moral position to inflict trillions of dollars of damages globally with our military

I mean what the fukk. Why are we attacking foreign countries because they hate us, when we hate ourselves! That's why the people hate us in the first place! God dammit I knew this shyt when I was 6, it's not rocket science.

America's a walking contradiction and a paradox.

AS much as people invest their hearts and minds into for it's actions past and present, this country will not last just due to it's hypocritical nature. And you said it perfectly right here.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
:what:

I always thought that was a negro spiritual....

Just looked it up and fukk the composer was involved in the slave trade:snoop:
I forget which song it was but it was either the star spangled banner, or something like that...and the original lyrics literally talking killing a 1,000 n*****s or something to that effect. I'm trying to think of the person who wrote it now there's a statue of him at my alma mater (University of Pittsburgh).

Point is racism, anti-black racism, is embedded in damn near every facet of American society and American history.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
So there is no hope?
Not to be pessimistic but there isn't. Black people will continue to be second class citizens until this country goes into the shytter. I just think it's over. I don't even give a fukk about this disgusting country anymore.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
The only problem is that an overwhelming number of younger blacks are #newblacks and are just as misguided and delusional about white supremacy as some of the established black leadership that sold us down the river.
You even see them on this board.

This sounds really fukking cruel...but I hope that some of these #newblacks get their asses whooped by white racism in their early to mid 20s after they graduate school so they can understand what some of us older black folks who've actually lived through some shyt (not saying that people my age are old old...but you know what I'm saying) and change their perspective.

It;s happens to damn near everyone of them. They go to college, have white friends, party with white people, then after they graduate they wonder why they're still unemployed and/or living at home and/or working a low wage/minimum wage job while their white counterparts are already in the work force with their parents friend's cand connections.

All that stuff in the history books about the civil rights movement and America's history against black people isn't some superlative fluff you know? That's why I just don't even like interacting with their kind on here. People calling black folk of the life "bitter" and whatnot, but you doing a disservice to them. After a while, as a black person, you see this country for what it really is. If you don't, or can't...then you don't want to (when I mean "you" I mean it in the rhetorical sense, and not in the direct sense).

Eventually...unless you have a strong mind and will power, this country can and will make go insane if you let it as a black person just due to the negative transgressions caused by dealing with racism 24/7/365.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Excuse me?? The old generation who actually lived through segregation? Muthafukka this may be the worst post I'VE EVER SEEN on sohh or the coli. Purely disgusting and ignorant. You newblack mufukkas think cause you got social media, your a fukking civil rights leader. You will never face a 10th of the racism that these "old blacks" went through bytch nikka. Disgusting
:snoop: Keep singing Negro spirituals then nikka, and continue to get slaughtered, get out your feelings breh, I can tell that last post made you visibly upset:mjlol::umad:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
The only problem is that an overwhelming number of younger blacks are #newblacks and are just as misguided and delusional about white supremacy as some of the established black leadership that sold us down the river.
Exactly, I'm tired if these old nikkas tryna put blame on the younger generations when we're the product of what they created:beli:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: Keep singing Negro spirituals then nikka, and continue to get slaughtered, get out your feelings breh, I can tell that last post made you visibly upset:mjlol::umad:
Yes it did. I am a black man from S.C. My father is in his 60's and grew up in the state and dealt with 100x's more racism, segregation and hate then you will ever know. When you try to say people like him need to get the fukk out, that is disgusting and offensive. Nothing more to say to you, besides fukk you. Have a good day "brother"

Last edited: