Pretty Money: The Official Floyd Mayweather Jr. TOP 20 Fights Thread

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
4. 24(18)-0-0 vs... Diego "Chico" Corrales 33(27)-0-0
January 20th, 2001

mayweathercorrales.jpg
This was a mega fight that was years in the making. The classic slick boxer against the heavy puncher match-up was sure to be explosive either way as both were young, strong and champions. Well, Corrales' title was taken away from him due to a misunderstanding between he and his then manager because of weight problems. This was also a bout where Mayweather vowed to punish Corrales for Corrales' domestic violence charge. Corrales would serve his time after the bout pleading guilty for a plea bargin... hey, doesn't this sound familiar?... Either way, one thing to remember when watching this bout is that Corrales was the power puncher who had never been knocked down.

Full Fight
Highlights
2014 Roger Mayweather on the bout
2015 Trainer Miguel Diaz on why he chose to Train Corrales over Mayweather
2016 Diego Corrales' wife on what Floyd did after Corrales' passing

SuikodenII

Daps
3. 44(26)-0-0 vs... Saul "Canelo" Alvarez 42(30)-0-1
September 14th, 2013

MayweatherVsCanelo.jpg
This would be the final time Floyd Mayweather would fight over the 147lb limit and took on the young phenom and champion, Canelo Alvarez. This bout was at a catch-weight of 152lbs on the request of Mayweather. Here, Floyd would be facing someone that threatened his reign as the #1 boxer and #1 superstar in the sport and would have Oscar against him at every turn. Canelo was coming off of a close win over Miguel Cotto conqueror, Austin Trout, and was steadily improving with each bout. This fight would break numerous records in revenue and boost the profiles of both men.

PRE-FIGHT
LA Press Conference
All Access Episode 1
All Access Episode 2
All Access Episode 3
Weigh-in (including Danny/Matthysse)
Official PPV countdown 1 hour before start time

THE FIGHT
Full Fight
Highlights

POST FIGHT
All Access Epilogue (Emmy award winning episode)
Post Fight Conference

SuikodenII

Daps
2. 38(24)-0-0 vs... Ricky "Hitman" Hatton 43(31)-0-0
December 8th, 2007

300px-MayweatherHattonPoster.jpg
Another fight years in the making that was blocked by the politics of sanctioning bodies and promoter problems. One weight class higher we would get the two top pound-4-pound talents in against each other in a mega fight. Hatton had one prior fight at 147 in which he did not look as impressive as he previously did at 140, however this was against a young champion, Luis Collazo, who is still a legitimate threat at 147, 10 years later. Both were heavy talkers and filled with energy and confidence. This was the first fight, to my knowledge, of Mayweather's that had an international press conference tour. Mayweather solidified his stardom with Oscar, now it was time to solidify his p4p dominance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBL4EdtMVQ
PRE-FIGHT
Uncensored SKY press conference
HBO 24/7 episode 1
HBO 24/7 episode 2
HBO 24/7 episode 3
HBO 24/7 episode 4
Weigh in

THE FIGHT
Full Fight
Highlights

POST FIGHT
Post Fight Conference
Floyd showing respect to Hatton after the fight

SuikodenII

Daps
1. 39(25)-0-0 vs... "Dinamita" Juan Manuel Marquez 50(37)-4(0)-1
September 19th, 2009

250px-Mayweather-Marquez_poster.jpg
Mayweather had retired 6 months after his win against Hatton while new top p4p stars such as Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez began their rise. Marquez had never fought above 135 and requested a catch-weight of 144, which Mayweather missed by 2lbs. The fight was postponed due to a rib injury to Mayweather which was rumored to be from sparring. Roger Mayweather had also caught a case leading up to the fight date. It was beginning to look more and more like this would just not be Mayweather's night returning from a 2+ year layoff, as Marquez was a new p4p ruler destined to use this bout to spring himself into a 3rd bout with Pacquiao. What we witnessed was not supposed to happen, not like this.... not like this.... at all.
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhP58c4213fxh1Ky0N
PRE FIGHT
Floyd Mayweather Announces his return
UK Tour wrap up
NYC press conference Floyd interview
@krackdagawd 's homeboy shows up to support Floyd at the weigh-in
Weigh in

THE FIGHT
Full Fight
Highlights

POST FIGHT
HBO "Sounds from the corner" during the bout
Post-Fight Conference
Post Maidana rematch fight interview with Marquez
Post Pacquiao Weigh-In interview with Marquez
Commentary about Marquez's refusal of a rematch with Mayweather

I CAN'T FIND 1 fukkING EPISODE OF THEIR 24/7
STaufCQ.png

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
Corrales
Gatti
Ndou
Canelo
Cotto
Mosley

The NDOU fight though was a brutal war; he brought the fight to floyd like very few did touched Mayweather chin a few times and Floyd literally tried to kill that boy for that.....:wow:

Breh them africans are tough, I dont know how the fukk he kept eating them punches like that and managed to stay on his feet, than still wanted to keep fighting after the end. :ohhh:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
If we are ranking on entertainment value the Cotto fight has to be top 5 IMO... Cotto caught Money slipping several times that night... As I was watching it I legit thought he was going to win

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
September 19th, 2009

Mayweather had retired 6 months after his win against Hatton while new top p4p stars such as Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez began their rise. Marquez had never fought above 135 and requested a catch-weight of 144, which Mayweather missed by 2lbs. The fight was postponed due to a rib injury to Mayweather which was rumored to be from sparring. Roger Mayweather had also caught a case leading up to the fight date. It was beginning to look more and more like this would just not be Mayweather's night returning from a 2+ year layoff, as Marquez was a new p4p ruler destined to use this bout to spring himself into a 3rd bout with Pacquiao. What we witnessed was not supposed to happen, not like this.... not like this.... at all.
PRE FIGHT
UK Tour wrap up
Weigh in

THE FIGHT
Full Fight
Highlights

POST FIGHT
Post-Fight Conference
Post Maidana rematch fight interview with Marquez
Post Pacquiao Weigh-In interview with Marquez
Commentary about Marquez's refusal of a rematch with Mayweather

I CAN'T FIND 1 fukkING EPISODE OF THEIR 24/7
STaufCQ.png
Marquez aint shyt:wtf:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
yeah only the corrales and canelo fights i felt were better performances career wise..floyd got touched a little bit in this fight and the beating from this fight prolly laid the foundation of n'dou collapsing in his next fight after
Corrales and the gotti fight... Were his best offense performances imo. When i watched that canelo fight a 2cd and 3rd time, i didnt see it as lop sided as i 1st did

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I agree
Fight gets a bad rap because how easily floyd won, and because he won period.
First 8 rounds were very good.
Manny realized he had no chance after that
Real talk though... Im a huge fan of both May and Pac. I was watching the fight with fam. We're all fighters or just huge boxing fans. I was thinking Manny didnt look right around the 5th round. And my pops was the 1st to say to everybody he thought Pac probly hurt his hands or something. Cause the fight was close early, but Pac hurt May a couple of times. And was getting to him whenever he wanted. There was a moment when Pac had May seemingly hurt again, on the ropes. He throws a couple of punches, th
en backs up. The fight wasnt the same after that

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
September 19th, 2009

PRE FIGHT
UK Tour wrap up
Weigh in

THE FIGHT
Full Fight
Highlights

POST FIGHT
Post-Fight Conference