Pretty Money: The Official Floyd Mayweather Jr. TOP 20 Fights Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk though... Im a huge fan of both May and Pac. I was watching the fight with fam. We're all fighters or just huge boxing fans. I was thinking Manny didnt look right around the 5th round. And my pops was the 1st to say to everybody he thought Pac probly hurt his hands or something. Cause the fight was close early, but Pac hurt May a couple of times. And was getting to him whenever he wanted. There was a moment when Pac had May seemingly hurt again, on the ropes. He throws a couple of punches, th
en backs up. The fight wasnt the same after that
He backed up cause mayweather blocked like 90 percent of his punches and he didn't wanna punch himself out
He got in some other punches later in the round and he had a good round 6
There was no sign of pacquaio being hurt what so ever
Cause he wasn't...lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
19. 42(26)-0-0... vs. Miguel Angel Cotto 37(30)2-0
May 5th, 2012
Mayweather_vs._Cotto.JPG
This was the 2nd fight at Super Welterweight (154) for Mayweather as he looked to capture another title against defending WBA champion, Miguel Cotto. Cotto, on a 3-fight win streak, had just exacted revenge against his foe, Antonio Margarito, and was looked upon as one of the top fighters in the world under his new trainer, Pedro Diaz. This was a fight that could've happened at 140 but a then inexperienced Cotto opted not to. This would also be Mayweather's final fight under the HBO banner. Roger Mayweather as 2nd chief would also come to an end following this bout.

PRE-FIGHT

HBO Face Off with Max Kellerman: Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto
HBO Boxing: 24/7 Mayweather Vs. Cotto (Episode 1)
HBO Boxing: 24/7 Mayweather Vs. Cotto (Episode 2)
http://cdn.tiesraides.lv/20120502_2105_esports_2012_05_02_24_7_mayweather_cotto_episode_3.mp4
Mayweather Cotto HBO 24/7 Finale Montage
I can't find the 4th full episode :(
Mayweather vs Cotto Weigh-in Gets Heated!

THE FIGHT

Classic: Floyd Mayweather vs. Miguel Cotto
Mayweather vs Cotto Highlight

POST-FIGHT
MAYWEATHER VS. COTTO POST-FIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE
i was ringside at this fight :myman:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
@SuikodenII great thread breh appreciate the backstories to each.

No problem with your list at all. My personal favorites for whatever reason are

Gatti, Corrales, Cotto, and The Drunken Master EA

The way he dominated Canelo was :wow:

PBF is how I'd like to remember Floyd, i got big respect for defense but when he was letting them hands fly :ufdup:

PBF probably would not have lasted at the rate he was going (hand injuries, damage etc) if he didn't switch up his style it was essential to his longevity.

The best 24-7 was Shane Mosley got damn the ether was abundant when Mosley tried to say Floyd wanted to be like him ...I don't even know who the fukk you are :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
4. 24(18)-0-0 vs... Diego "Chico" Corrales 33(27)-0-0
January 20th, 2001

mayweathercorrales.jpg
This was a mega fight that was years in the making. The classic slick boxer against the heavy puncher match-up was sure to be explosive either way as both were young, strong and champions. Well, Corrales' title was taken away from him due to a misunderstanding between he and his then manager because of weight problems. This was also a bout where Mayweather vowed to punish Corrales for Corrales' domestic violence charge. Corrales would serve his time after the bout pleading guilty for a plea bargin... hey, doesn't this sound familiar?... Either way, one thing to remember when watching this bout is that Corrales was the power puncher who had never been knocked down.

Full Fight
Highlights
2014 Roger Mayweather on the bout
2015 Trainer Miguel Diaz on why he chose to Train Corrales over Mayweather
2016 Diego Corrales' wife on what Floyd did after Corrales' passing

completely flawless fight..corrales was a monster at 130 and floyd whooped him like he stole something en route to taking his zero

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
9. 18(14)-0-0 vs... Angel "El Diablo" Manfredy 25(20)-2(1)-0
December 19th, 1998

hqdefault.jpg
Angel, Devil, whatever he called himself at the time, was no joke. He had notable wins over guys like John Brown, Jorge Paez and fan-favorite, Arturo Gatti. Despite Floyd's victory over Genaro Hernandez, he was still viewed as inexperienced and young. Facing another strong, young, lion was going to be the test even though he had just... well you know the narrative. Only thing is... 130lb Mayweather was a BAD...BAD...MAN.

Full Fight

i was always wondered why angel never was able to pick up a belt..i guess hes just like rocky juarez..just unlucky

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
Great thread but I have to disagree with number one. That spot should be reserved for Mayweather vs Oscar Dela Hoya. This was the fight that put money Mayweather on the map in terms of success and stardom.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
@SuikodenII great thread breh appreciate the backstories to each.

No problem with your list at all. My personal favorites for whatever reason are

Gatti, Corrales, Cotto, and The Drunken Master EA

The way he dominated Canelo was :wow:

PBF is how I'd like to remember Floyd, i got big respect for defense but when he was letting them hands fly :ufdup:

PBF probably would not have lasted at the rate he was going (hand injuries, damage etc) if he didn't switch up his style it was essential to his longevity.

The best 24-7 was Shane Mosley got damn the ether was abundant when Mosley tried to say Floyd wanted to be like him ...I don't even know who the fukk you are :mjlol:

Floyd's shyt talking for this fight was amazing. Suit off the rack, hot tub time machine...Shane wasn't ready for those taunts.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
He backed up cause mayweather blocked like 90 percent of his punches and he didn't wanna punch himself out
He got in some other punches later in the round and he had a good round 6
There was no sign of pacquaio being hurt what so ever
Cause he wasn't...lol
Im sure u watch pac... Pac never backs up in that position. Both those fighters have the GOAT conditioning and stamina. That was very different from any pac fight that ive see. When he has u on the ropes, seemingly hurt or not, he just keeps going with his flurries. So to have thought something was alil off. And then for them to say he got hurt at that time.... Very crazy coincidence. May could have still won the fight. He was looking great. But the fight overall would have been more exciting

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im sure u watch pac... Pac never backs up in that position. Both those fighters have the GOAT conditioning and stamina. That was very different from any pac fight that ive see. When he has u on the ropes, seemingly hurt or not, he just keeps going with his flurries. So to have thought something was alil off. And then for them to say he got hurt at that time.... Very crazy coincidence. May could have still won the fight. He was looking great. But the fight overall would have been more exciting
Pacquaio got you fooled if you think he was hurt breh
He lifted his arms and said he won after the fight
i was ringside at this fight :myman:
:wow:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4. 24(18)-0-0 vs... Diego "Chico" Corrales 33(27)-0-0
January 20th, 2001

mayweathercorrales.jpg
This was a mega fight that was years in the making. The classic slick boxer against the heavy puncher match-up was sure to be explosive either way as both were young, strong and champions. Well, Corrales' title was taken away from him due to a misunderstanding between he and his then manager because of weight problems. This was also a bout where Mayweather vowed to punish Corrales for Corrales' domestic violence charge. Corrales would serve his time after the bout pleading guilty for a plea bargin... hey, doesn't this sound familiar?... Either way, one thing to remember when watching this bout is that Corrales was the power puncher who had never been knocked down.

Full Fight
Highlights
2014 Roger Mayweather on the bout
2015 Trainer Miguel Diaz on why he chose to Train Corrales over Mayweather
2016 Diego Corrales' wife on what Floyd did after Corrales' passing
this is when floyd became roy jones status to me as far making great opponents look ordinary
can't no one tell me that corrales wasnt a beast
we take credit from these guys for making it look so easily but they are just that good:yeshrug: