Professional sports Teams who will always be #1 in their city

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm interested in the cities where the nfl team isn't the most popular

NYC w/ the Yankees

LA w/ dodgers and lakers (helps that they didn't have nfl for decades)

There were times in Detroit when the pistons or tigers were close lions level in the early-mid 2000s. Red wings in the 90s too

A day or two after the Giants beat the undefeated Pats team in the Super Bowl the Mets traded for Johan Santana

On sports radio that day there was more talk about the trade then the Giants

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured Columbus would rock more with the Bengals
no matter how many draft picks we fukk up trent richardson brandon weedon johnny manziel :snoop:

No matter how many times we lose to our division rivals:beli:

No matter how many years we start 4-1 , 6-2 just to miss the playoffs we still support the browns every year:mjcry:

Whole state fw TOSU tho:ehh:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Miami was and still is a football town despite the dolphins ain't winning shyt in a half a century.

Don't confuse the heat being more successful with them being more popular.

South Floridians STILL talk about the Marino years and that shyt ended over two decades ago and he didn't win shyt.

The Dolphins finally look to be atleast consistently decent for the next few years and the heat are back to being the lil bro of the city. The nfl draft coverage would lead sports shows before a heat playoff game on local stations.

Football is king in South Florida. Always will be.
Yeah when I saw he mention the heat for Miami, I was about to post just this. Football runs South Florida and the Dolphins have a stranglehold on the area for pro sports. The Heat maybe second but they are a distant second.

The Texans also are the biggest in Houston*. This is Texas where football is king. You could probably put a team in SA and it would likely become more popular than the Spurs.

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Celtics in Boston. Sure the Patriots had shyt on lock for 20 years but that felt more like conditional love. They kinda quiet about them now whereas the Celtics have had annoying ass rabid fans even when they were trash.

Actually it might be the Red Sox. The pain of a century of Ls and then the turnaround really galvanized the city around them it seems

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Celtics in Boston. Sure the Patriots had shyt on lock for 20 years but that felt more like conditional love. They kinda quiet about them now whereas the Celtics have had annoying ass rabid fans even when they were trash.

Actually it might be the Red Sox. The pain of a century of Ls and then the turnaround really galvanized the city around them it seems
I always thought it was the Red Sox in Boston

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
FuAcRSEWAAIJN6W.jpg

Warriors werent even a top 5 most popular team in the bay for majority of my 37 years of life what in the fukk are you talking about :russ: they was behind the A's in the 90s and arguably the Sharks until this past decade we not even going to talk about Raiders, 49ers and Giants :childplease:

and even recent, you cant clearly place them above giants (3x world series winner in recent history) and 49ers :camby: 49ers fans known for taking over opponent stadiums.. warrior fans aint doing that shyt :camby:

Steph Curry still behind Joe Montana and Barry Bonds legacy wise :camby:

Peak world series Giants was doing 3.4 million home attendance a year :damn: (42k average per game :damn: )

fk0jebtkc8c01.gif
Shut yo stupid ass up, we talking now. A’s and Raiders are gone, no one gives a fukk about baseball, that divide between raiders/niners meant the bay was always split on football and still is, warriors was the only universal team and with them winning this past decade they also won over a whole bunch of these transplants that have taken over the area. It’s no 1994 dummy, it’s 2024, Warriors are now #1

No, that wouldn’t have been the case back before 2010, but who was popular then ain’t what’s popular now.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Pels ever win a finals they would pass up the Saints. The saints don’t have the the recognition they use to have during the Brees era

Really? That seems crazy

It seems like the Pelicans are an afterthought there

Most people don’t think there should even be a NBA team in NO. I doubt they are as popular as the Saints

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Really? That seems crazy

It seems like the Pelicans are an afterthought there

Most people don’t think there should even be a NBA team in NO. I doubt they are as popular as the Saints
Nah people fukk with the Pels, I’m in the city all the time and every time the Pels play all the bars are have the game on, you talk to a everyday person they know about most of the players. They’re problem is the Pels have underwhelmed, and they have the star player to market that’s what makes it more frustrating.

Now the Saints, man it’s so sad seeing what they have become, we use to get so hyped every Sunday to watch them now it’s just on as background noise if people even elect to put it on

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Shut yo stupid ass up, we talking now. A’s and Raiders are gone, no one gives a fukk about baseball, that divide between raiders/niners meant the bay was always split on football and still is, warriors was the only universal team and with them winning this past decade they also won over a whole bunch of these transplants that have taken over the area. It’s no 1994 dummy, it’s 2024, Warriors are now #1

No, that wouldn’t have been the case back before 2010, but who was popular then ain’t what’s popular now.
You gotta be stupid as fukk if you think when people from other states think of bay area that its unanimous just the warriors

Then again you like 60 years old and dont be outside so your opinions about the bay are irrelevant

You aint even know who Symba is, what the fukk you know about the bay