PSA: Elliptical is all you need for cardio

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Treadmill and exercise bike are for seniors or if you’re going through some form of rehabilitation therapy.

An actual bike is good because you’re balancing as well but stationary bike, nah.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Treadmill

No, treadmill is mad useful.

It's 2022 if you don't have one in your house or garage, you lost. They aren't expensive, and most people fold them up and keep them tucked away or hang clothes from them, so the narrative that they take up too much space is false.

A treadmill is in the top 3 things I'd never live without again.

If I had to choose it'd be a gun, air fryer, treadmill

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps

It's 2022 if you don't have one in your house or garage, you lost. They aren't expensive, and most people fold them up and keep them tucked away or hang clothes from them, so the narrative that they take up too much space is false.

If you put on the incline but the elliptical machine is still superior

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you put on the incline but the elliptical machine is still superior

Nah fam. Just nah.

I don't know whether to rep or neg. I just checked Craig's and found a good treadmill for $40 that I'm going to put in my garage.

I reckon when my lady kicks me out, she can have the other one and I'll take this one to my new spot.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Nah fam. Just nah.

I don't know whether to rep or neg. I just checked Craig's and found a good treadmill for $40 that I'm going to put in my garage.

I reckon when my lady kicks me out, she can have the other one and I'll take this one to my new spot.
If you want to slowly lose the weight and just be active, sure.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

False

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you want to slowly lose the weight and just be active, sure.

That's......thats exactly what you should want. That is what a lifestyle is. Not because you have to, or need to but because you want to. You should want to be active in any form, every day. As far as losing weight, losing weight slowly is the best way to keep it off. It's rapid weight loss, fad dieting, that gives people temporary results.

You tryna look cute for a wedding? Sure that'll work, you trying to be healthy for life? You gotta adopt and implement life long options

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

No sense in having one at the crib if I still have to leave said home to go to the gym anyways. :shaq2:

Unless your spot has dumbbells going up to 150 (minimum), a power rack, bench, selectorized machines, cables, and a pulldown station, it's still lacking IMO. :manny:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
That's......thats exactly what you should want. That is what a lifestyle is. Not because you have to, or need to but because you want to. You should want to be active in any form, every day. As far as losing weight, losing weight slowly is the best way to keep it off. It's rapid weight loss, fad dieting, that gives people temporary results.

You tryna look cute for a wedding? Sure that'll work, you trying to be healthy for life? You gotta adopt and implement life long options
That’s so lazy and terrible advice. If you’re not a senior nor physically disabled. Elliptical is much better in many ways. No impact on your joints, work more muscles, obviously lose more calories and the machine assists you to move at a steady pace. Nobody is saying you have to go hard (not that’s it hard to go hard on it anyways).

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
That’s so lazy and terrible advice. If you’re not a senior nor physically disabled. Elliptical is much better in many ways. No impact on your joints, work more muscles, obviously lose more calories and the machine assists you to move at a steady pace. Nobody is saying you have to go hard (not that’s it hard to go hard on it anyways).

Elliptical is trash and was most often used by :flabbynsick: people or people coming off an injury whenever I went to see our PT folks.

Also, the impact your so afraid of is one of the reasons you see folks getting injured doing low-impact activities, because they're often still fat *and* their jointsbare unused to any type of trauma.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

What is lazy and terrible? The fact that you want to lose weight more slowly than suddenly and abruptly?

That's biology. That's biology based on scientific data and statistics.

I don't think that you're thinking long term.

I'm talking, half a year to a year, 1 year to 3 years, r years to 5 years, 5 years to a decade.

Elliptical is trash. Elliptical doesn't train you for anything in life. You aren't going to elliptical to work when your car dies. You dont elliptical out of bed. You don't elliptical with your friends.

Anyway.

$30 on Craig's. I went and picked it up, this is now my garage treadmill