Albums Q-Tip's "The Renaissance" Appreciation Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
qtip_ren.jpg

That silky, smooth production.....Q-Tip's best solo effort.:noah:The elements of Neo-Soul he implemented in this piece of work could make the Soulquarians shake. Man.....it kills me knowing this album hardly gets any love, his flows on this shyt is just next level.

Have a teacher play "Dance on Glass" in a classroom and watch the students nod their heads to the acapella rap. :ohlawd:

This track though, is by far my favorite off the album.

Brehs, what did y'all think about this joint?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When that nikka started rapping like Rakim on Renaissance Rap I damn near lost my mind.

β€œAnd when the opposition’s Abstract? Bless ya soul.” :hubie::wow::blessed:

Tip finally dropped the type of classic we all thought we were gonna get when he first went solo. Great album from one of the GOATs.

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
The biggest injustice in recent times is Tip not following up this release. In an era where we've gotten D'Angelo's "Black Messiah", Kendrick's "To Pimp a Butterfly" and Thundercat's "Drunk", you can't tell me that this sound won't be well-received by the masses.

I can't even begin to imagine what a Kendrick album fully produced by Tip would sound like. Those two would just complement each other so well on some Gibbs/Madlib shyt.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The biggest injustice in recent times is Tip not following up this release. In an era where we've gotten D'Angelo's "Black Messiah", Kendrick's "To Pimp a Butterfly" and Thundercat's "Drunk", you can't tell me that this sound won't be well-received by the masses.

I can't even begin to imagine what a Kendrick album fully produced by Tip would sound like. Those two would just complement each other so well on some Gibbs/Madlib shyt.
The funny part was that I was actually listening to this album right before TPAB dropped and you're right the similarities are there.

This is the latest track with the two in it, I really hope Q-Tip is prominently featured on Kendrick's next album.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Loved tnis album when it dropped. Seemed to have come atta nowhere. One of my fav late 2000s albums. Rennassane remix was crazy too.