Questlove out here saying hip hop is dead due to the Kdot and Drake beef

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah yes. Tea. Rumors. Gossip. That ain’t neeeeever been a part of hip hop beef. From 2pac hitting Big with “I fukked yo bytch!” to Jay-Z using childhood pictures of Prodigy on the Summer Jam Screen. From Nas personally hitting up Jay-Z’s mentor Jazzo and using personal intel on Ether to mentally wreck Jay that his mentor turned on him. “Back in 88 you was getting chased through your building, calling my crib and I didn’t even give you my numbers.” Then Jay said he fukked Nas BM.

But now people pretend that rumor spreading has no place in hip hop beef.

Old heads are acting like clowns.
And now we’re at the place where people need proof lol.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
To play devils advocate. There has always been a balance tho. Now this shyt turned into some weird shyt. ESPECIALLY since so many people that aren't involved with the culture are able to insert themselves. I can't even lie to u. This shyt jumped the shark. This is quite literally the weirdest rap battle I've ever witnessed.
What balance. What weird shyt? Drake and Kendrick dropped actual HEAT on top of their cutting words. This is utterly nonsensical.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This battle ended up hilarious… Kendrick dropped a diss in every style and originally started it off some straight rap shyt. It just feels like everyone is out for a mercy call to Kendrick without saying he killed the dude.

Fuk the facts and backing up statements… that dude gave a masterclass on battling

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ah yes. Tea. Rumors. Gossip. That ain’t neeeeever been a part of hip hop beef. From 2pac hitting Big with “I fukked yo bytch!” to Jay-Z using childhood pictures of Prodigy on the Summer Jam Screen. From Nas personally hitting up Jay-Z’s mentor Jazzo and using personal intel on Ether to mentally wreck Jay that his mentor turned on him. “Back in 88 you was getting chased through your building, calling my crib and I didn’t even give you my numbers.” Then Jay said he fukked Nas BM.

But now people pretend that rumor spreading has no place in hip hop beef.

Old heads are acting like clowns.
It’s not gossip if you are claiming you did the thing AND it’s true AND you have proof.

“I fukked yo bytch” =Not gossip
“I heard someone else fukked yo bytch = Gossip

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
It’s not gossip if you are claiming you did the thing AND it’s true AND you have proof.

“I fukked yo bytch” =Not gossip
“I heard someone else fukked yo bytch = Gossip
I fukked yo bytch is still a claim. And no, 2pac provided no evidence he fukked Faith. PAC provided no proof. People just ran with it and debate whether or not they did it to this day.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Again. That’s not gossip.
I don’t give a fukk. It feeds into the same gossip. It’s a claim and it gets people talking. “He said he fukked Big’s bytch!” Among the every day listener it’s the same shyt. He still caused gossip to spread around hip hop for stating that. Whether it comes out of your mouth or not it’s still gossip.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t give a fukk. It feeds into the same gossip. It’s a claim and it gets people talking. “He said he fukked Big’s bytch!” Among the every day listener it’s the same shyt. He still caused gossip to spread around hip hop for stating that. Whether it comes out of your mouth or not it’s still gossip.
Naw imo there’s a difference between chatty patty shyt and direct claims. Pac had to stand on that claim on his own volition. Gossip shyt is just frivolous nonsense thrown out there.

Put it this way

“I fukked your bytch” would be allowed as a statement/evidence in the court of law

“i heard such and such fukked yo bytch” would be considered hearsay and not allowed as a statement/evidence

:manny:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
questlove needs to take a seat behind that drum set and chill. did he forget when the roots were dissing biggie\bad boy and even made a video (what they do) about it?

hip hop beefs have a history since bdp and juice crew were getting into it back in the day. kdot and drake may have been gossipy but still put out some of the best hip hop we've heard in a long time.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What balance. What weird shyt? Drake and Kendrick dropped actual HEAT on top of their cutting words. This is utterly nonsensical.
nikka the battle ain't about rap right now. Do u see what's going on right now? U got media outlets that don't even know either catalog commenting on the fukking gossip. The "fans" are being weird af. I been witnessing hip hop battles since the early 90s. This is the weirdest one. Bar none. Straight off the fact that so many people not involved with Hip Hop are involving themselves.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Was Hip Hop dead when this corny nikka was happily playing the drums in a rendition of NY State Of Mind while Jay-Z called Nas garbage?
That showed he had an allegiance. Nas ain't fukk wit them nikkas. Doesn't really have anything to do with all this extra shyt going on right now.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
nikka the battle ain't about rap right now. Do u see what's going on right now? U got media outlets that don't even know either catalog commenting on the fukking gossip. The "fans" are being weird af. I been witnessing hip hop battles since the early 90s. This is the weirdest one. Bar none. Straight off the fact that so many people not involved with Hip Hop are involving themselves.
It doesn’t matter if it’s not about rap. 2pac beefed with Bad Boy because he was shot in the studio and Bad Boy knew it was going to happen and didn’t stop it. Was that rap shyt?

nikkas sound mad flagrant when they say we gotta kill this beef because it ain’t about hip hop when some of the biggest feuds weren’t either.