Questlove out here saying hip hop is dead due to the Kdot and Drake beef

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

The biggest beef in hip hop history arguably of all time and this dumb ass coming with “hip hop is dead” and “no one truly won”. I cannot stand QL.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol, no one was saying this shyt after Kendrick dropped "Euphoria"... everyone wanted 'tea'... lol

Ive said it in multiple threads.. this battle was finished after "Euphoria"... .the tea people came out the woodwork and DRake couldn't wait to "expose" Kendrick lol

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
he's right. the only people invested in this at this point are goofies and content creators who will move on to the next trending topic a month later and put all of this behind them while drake and kendrick's family members got their business put on front street. it's embarrassing.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Lol, no one was saying this shyt after Kendrick dropped "Euphoria"... everyone wanted 'tea'... lol

Ive said it in multiple threads.. this battle was finished after "Euphoria"... .the tea people came out the woodwork and DRake couldn't wait to "expose" Kendrick lol

Most OGs wasn’t feeling the battle.

Made it to corny gossip fast and it never was actually about the raps. Just a proxy fight for internet stans.

People trying to force this into the mold of classic battles of the past are making a mockery of the culture :manny:

Ah yes. Tea. Rumors. Gossip. That ain’t neeeeever been a part of hip hop beef. From 2pac hitting Big with “I fukked yo bytch!” to Jay-Z using childhood pictures of Prodigy on the Summer Jam Screen. From Nas personally hitting up Jay-Z’s mentor Jazzo and using personal intel on Ether to mentally wreck Jay that his mentor turned on him. “Back in 88 you was getting chased through your building, calling my crib and I didn’t even give you my numbers.” Then Jay said he fukked Nas BM.

But now people pretend that rumor spreading has no place in hip hop beef.

Old heads are acting like clowns.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Ah yes. Tea. Rumors. Gossip. That ain’t neeeeever been a part of hip hop beef. From 2pac hitting Big with “I fukked yo bytch!” to Jay-Z using childhood pictures of Prodigy on the Summer Jam Screen. From Nas personally hitting up Jay-Z’s mentor Jazzo and using personal intel on Ether to mentally wreck Jay that his mentor turned on him. “Back in 88 you was getting chased through your building, calling my crib and I didn’t even give you my numbers.” Then Jay said he fukked Nas BM.

But now people pretend that rumor spreading has no place in hip hop beef.

Old heads are acting like clowns.
To play devils advocate. There has always been a balance tho. Now this shyt turned into some weird shyt. ESPECIALLY since so many people that aren't involved with the culture are able to insert themselves. I can't even lie to u. This shyt jumped the shark. This is quite literally the weirdest rap battle I've ever witnessed.