Questlove out here saying hip hop is dead due to the Kdot and Drake beef

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
It doesn’t matter if it’s not about rap. 2pac beefed with Bad Boy because he was shot in the studio and Bad Boy knew it was going to happen and didn’t stop it. Was that rap shyt?

nikkas sound mad flagrant when they say we gotta kill this beef because it ain’t about hip hop when some of the biggest feuds weren’t either.
shiiid the only hip hop beef that was hip hop ...was kid vs play

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It doesn’t matter if it’s not about rap. 2pac beefed with Bad Boy because he was shot in the studio and Bad Boy knew it was going to happen and didn’t stop it. Was that rap shyt?

nikkas sound mad flagrant when they say we gotta kill this beef because it ain’t about hip hop when some of the biggest feuds weren’t either.
The thing that’s lost on most people talking about this is that there is a big deference from “rap battles” and “Beef”

A rap battle is loaded lux vs Hallow.

A Beef is biggie vs tupac.

Kendrick vs Drake doesn’t fit into any of that. Dudes are literally just arguing to appease their fans, and gossip and social media takes are more important than the actual music/lyrics.

This is a b*stardization of everything hip hop has stood for thus far.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Most OGs wasn’t feeling the battle.

Made it to corny gossip fast and it never was actually about the raps. Just a proxy fight for internet stans.

People trying to force this into the mold of classic battles of the past are making a mockery of the culture :manny:
Bro you stay with the worst takes on this entire website next to hardcore drake stans. Go back shilling xbox games or something foh :camby:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Pac and Biggie was street shyt and nikkas tried hard to STAY AWAY from that in hip hop since based on the results. Did u live thru that shyt or are u just talking? Cause alot of u nikkas speaking on shyt from word of mouth and not actual experience. The BOTTOM line is that this battle jumped the shark and it ain't about hip hop no more. AT ALL. Too many outsiders involved. shyt turned into nikkas tryna Me Too eachother. These nikkas ain't have no street beef before rap. This shyt is the type of shyt that would make a nikka take it to violence.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That showed he had an allegiance. Nas ain't fukk wit them nikkas. Doesn't really have anything to do with all this extra shyt going on right now.

I’m saying he’s a hypocrite. nikka happily drummed along when Jay was calling out Nas and didn’t say a damn thing to rebuke him when he started that “Condoms in the baby seat” talk but wants to get all aggy about Kendrick and Drake going through their own tift

Ole “Never do what they do” ass nikka

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was questlove equally outraged when aubrey decided he wanted to make tough guy music (because being a pop star wasn't enough)? what about when his "security" started handing out ass-whoopings to day one OGs like dram, or the threats to super-menacing street nikkas like makkonnen? we gonna go through all the records where drake was talking about his team being full of steppers? aint death and destruction part of being about that life?

we gonna overlook the mudslinging directed at meek and push?

or we just waiting until the bully gets bullied to start complaining about the optics?

i'm so tired of retired rappers acting like their lazy hot takes hold more weight because they used to make music. just cause joe made it work don't mean we value your opinions too. foh.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I’m saying he’s a hypocrite. nikka happily drummed along when Jay was calling out Nas and didn’t say a damn thing to rebuke him when he started that “Condoms in the baby seat” talk but wants to get all aggy about Kendrick and Drake going through their own tift

Ole “Never do what they do” ass nikka
Nah I def feel u I never liked QL. But I still see the point. OBJECTIVELY. The battle jumped the shark. Jay was jumping the shark wit that shyt too which is why Jay mom's made him apologize.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To play devils advocate. There has always been a balance tho. Now this shyt turned into some weird shyt. ESPECIALLY since so many people that aren't involved with the culture are able to insert themselves. I can't even lie to u. This shyt jumped the shark. This is quite literally the weirdest rap battle I've ever witnessed.
Pac rapped about P having Sickle Cell. Chino XL said Pac was raped in jail and shot his balls off. Rap beef has always been about tea

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
drake is always the first one to mention pusha t's wife and kendrick's bm. he always gets this messy, trying to win his female fanbase with tea

he started it :umad:rappers have to stoop to this new low

but it's been around, pac did it with biggie's wife and 50 tried with rick ross' bm just for it to backfire

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yes he did. And Pac beef was NOT RAP. It didn't start with rap. And u being a Pac fan knows this. Pac was really going thru some real life shyt.
Pac rapped about P having Sickle Cell. Chino XL said Pac was raped in jail and shot his balls off. Rap beef has always been about tea

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This isn’t the flex you think it is.
Who said it’s anything about a flex??

Its clear the OGs of the culture ain’t feeling this shyt.

People now disrespecting their opinions cause they wanna win an internet argument for their favorite rapper.

Truth is, none of this shyt exists without questlove(and other legends) I feel pretty secure in that my opinion aligns with theirs :ehh:

shyt jumped the shark a long time ago:manny: