raekwon's "rainy dayz remix" is one of the greatest remixes of all time

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
the horns on "shut em down remix" are fukkin godly...i love how he had them coming in and fading out from each side...

that beat is so dope that I didn't mind busta's half-ass remake over a decade later cause I was just happy to hear the beat again.

and I might be in the minority but I prefer the original "rainy dayz" to the remix. I love the ominous and dreary feel of the o.g. version and the remix is too damn uplifting for me. I love the calm, griminess of the original.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I love this beat I first heard this shyt when Lupe freestyled over it on Sway's show.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"beware, I'm hitting like a snare from the Delphonics"

classic song

also I liked how Harry Fraud flipped it for the Eddie B/Bronson- Marvelous cut a couple yrs back

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thing about this remix i always thought was, why not just make it another fukkin song :heh:

shyt barely has anything to do with the original

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
thing about this remix i always thought was, why not just make it another fukkin song :heh:

shyt barely has anything to do with the original
But that's basically what remixes were back then completely new songs. I love this remix so much bc it's like the complete opposite of the original. This sounds smooth and mellow as hell while the original sounded like some grimy after midnight gutter shyt and then those Freddy Kruger gloves/blades scraping metal sound playing throughout the chorus... Epitome of grimy ass rainy New York days

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
brehs I have a story about this song :mjlol:

like two months ago Pete Rock and Slum Village are playing up in Portland. PR's headlining, eventually he gets to the part of his set where he's playing remixes. This whole show there's been just the DJ booth on the stage, and some hick looking 250 pound chin-beard Cac sitting on this staircase on the stage that goes up to the lights or whatever.

Well, during the Jump Around remix, this guy for some inexiplicable reason, gets off the staircase, picks up an unplugged microphone on stage, and starts lipsyncing along.

Pete Rock straight looked :ohhh:let him slide once (god bless him), then he got up to do the second verse :wow:

Pete Rock stops the song...:snoop: goes ":scust: I don't need that :whoa:"

I had to leave the show it was so cringey, I just walked out and got on the bus brehs

love this track 'all time classic'
-and pete was on some shyt like im getting paid for this joint one way or da other

BigF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs I have a story about this song :mjlol:

like two months ago Pete Rock and Slum Village are playing up in Portland. PR's headlining, eventually he gets to the part of his set where he's playing remixes. This whole show there's been just the DJ booth on the stage, and some hick looking 250 pound chin-beard Cac sitting on this staircase on the stage that goes up to the lights or whatever.

Well, during the Jump Around remix, this guy for some inexiplicable reason, gets off the staircase, picks up an unplugged microphone on stage, and starts lipsyncing along.

Pete Rock straight looked :ohhh:let him slide once (god bless him), then he got up to do the second verse :wow:

Pete Rock stops the song...:snoop: goes ":scust: I don't need that :whoa:"

I had to leave the show it was so cringey, I just walked out and got on the bus brehs

I thought this story was gonna end with you saying that it was Everlast sitting there all along.